main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

PT Is the Prequel "Era" of Star Wars over? If so, what did it all mean to you?

Discussion in 'Prequel Trilogy' started by Han Burgundy, Mar 19, 2014.

1. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    Or Palpatine manipulated both sides of a Galactic Civil War that shattered the Republic and destroyed the Jedi Order. Granted that was known to us OOU and only Bail, Yoda and Obi-Wan IU but works for me. Why sit back and let Palpatine continue to get away with it CA?

2. Cushing's Admirer

Cushing's Admirer Chosen One star 7

Jun 8, 2006
    That never even entered my consideration, FS, I'm shocked you imply it did. I simply think it's poor storytelling not to establish WHY the opening case of SW happens. We have no concrete reasons given why the 'Dark Times' happened or why Tantive was under attack before mention of DS1 and the justification for the war presented is Alderaan...why were they already fighting?

3. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    Palpatine brought down the legal government, ravaged the galaxy in a Civil War and destroyed the Jedi Order. How is that not justified? That was before you said OT only.
    From the OT only thing I would have to think about it. As a part of serial format isn't it a major part of it to just jump into the action though? Palpatine doesn't care about the people? Didn't Vader mention that messages were beamed to Leia's ship? And Vader taking over a Counselor ship, like that? Alderaan is probably sick of the Empire's policies. Bail probably knows everything.
    Add the PT in where Palpatine overthrows the Republic and Jedi Order by starting a war and have Bail or someone let that get out why wouldn't there be an uprising?