main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

PT Is the Prequel Era Officially Over?

Discussion in 'Prequel Trilogy' started by Narutakikun, May 20, 2013.

1. Jedi Gunny

Jedi Gunny Chosen One star 9

May 20, 2008
    I'm sure the PT will still be used for some things, just not as in-focus as it is right now.

Jarren_Lee-Saber and Alexrd like this.
  2. KilroyMcFadden

KilroyMcFadden Jedi Knight star 3

Oct 31, 2012
    I am cautiously optimistic that you are correct, however, don't forget that there are still a lot of GL fans left at Lucasfilms. They might have enough juice to get a one off set in that timeframe. :(

3. Dark Lady Mara

Dark Lady Mara Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 19, 1999
    Bring on the inter-trilogy era!

Jarren_Lee-Saber likes this.
  4. bellatroll

bellatroll Jedi Knight star 1

Feb 21, 2013
    And what a dismal age it was. Thank god for KOTOR though.

5. JoshieHewls

JoshieHewls Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 16, 2013
    Considering George Lucas founded Lucasfilm, yeah, I'd imagine there's a lot of GL fans there...and there will continue to be.

6. maychild

maychild Jedi Knight star 3

Jan 16, 2013
    As well there should be.

7. darklordoftech

darklordoftech Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    I think in between ROTS and ANH satisfies my love of both the PT and OT eras. If the show was between ROTJ and VII, I would be sad about the PT era ending.

8. Vthuil

Vthuil Force Ghost star 5

Jan 3, 2013
    While the era of primary focus on the PT is certainly over - and thank goodness for that; all quality issues aside, once you have two separate Clone Wars continuities you're clearly at a point of oversaturation - I think "ending" is the wrong word to use. I suspect Disney will try to actively distance itself a little from the prequels, but it's highly unlikely that there will be no new material at all for that timeframe.

9. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    I'm just waiting for Disney to declare their own version of the Clone Wars so that we have 3 continuities to wade through.

10. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    Oh hell.

11. Force Smuggler

Sep 2, 2012
    I don't know if they will do it but it wouldn't surprise me one bit if it did happen.

mes520 likes this.
  12. Darth Scourge

Darth Scourge Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 4, 2000
    There's still a lot of mileage left in the Clone Wars, particularly.
    I'm still hoping one of the stand alone movies deals with some of the other Jedi generals and epic battles from the CW era (preferably something completely unconnected to the animated series).
    We simply did not see enough live action Clone Wars!

13. SweetZombieJesus

SweetZombieJesus Jedi Padawan star 2

Apr 12, 2013
    They did have Droids and Ewoks animated series, but still, yeah...

As for the PT era being dead, I'm sure there is a gold-mine in the gap between ROTS and ANH so we could very well see some of the PT actors back on screen.

14. Jedi General Gelderd

Jedi General Gelderd Jedi Master star 5

Mar 6, 2004
    I just can't wait to hopefully see more material that isn't full of just Jedi and droids, and that we have humans, military factions and real people fighting this war so we remember what Star Wars is also about, not just near-invincible Jedi who can do anything.

I do fear the PT have force fed me too much Jedi now and I need something different, like the CT gave us - real people and tactics and real danger without the use of major Force powers to evade and cheat death/danger...and for an enemy to have face rather than a microcircuit or computer processor.

QsAssistant and KilroyMcFadden like this.
  15. SithStarSlayer

SithStarSlayer Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 23, 2003
    For a second there, I thought I woke up and went straight to the TV Forum.:p

Alexrd and Force Smuggler like this.
  16. Force Smuggler

Sep 2, 2012
    Ha ha lol. [face_devil]. Nothing new to report in regard just yet. But new movies every year would eventually give Disney the chance to make live action version movies of the Clone Wars Era.

17. PMT99

PMT99 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 23, 2000
    That would be extremely boring. If I want to see real people getting into real danger, I'd go out into the real world. You can never have enough Jedi and that's the best part of the PT because it can give us something the OT doesn't have--more Jedi and more duels with the Sith. The only lightsaber action we get from the OT is the numerous Luke/Vader duels.

18. QsAssistant

QsAssistant Jedi Master star 3

Apr 13, 2011
    Good lord! Where do you live that you see people fighting in a war when you step out your door? :p

IMO, I think that the world of SW is so much bigger than the Jedi/Sith. Of course I still want to see them but I don't want them to be the focus of everything. The episodes of TCW that were mostly/entirely about the Clones were my favorite ones. I'm very much looking forward to Rebels; it won't be taken over by Jedi but I do hope they will be in it.

Lazy Storm Trooper likes this.
  19. Valairy Scot

Valairy Scot Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 16, 2005
    Silly me - I remember thinking one (one!) of the major things about Star Wars that set it apart from other scifi was - wait - Jedi! So while I don't want a all-Jedi movie and do want more of the non-Jedi-universe, I do want me some Jedi in my Star Wars.

Are you others just Jedi'd out?

20. Force Smuggler

Sep 2, 2012
    I'm Prequel Era Jedi'd out.

21. SithStarSlayer

SithStarSlayer Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 23, 2003
    Quoted for fact.

22. mes520

mes520 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 3, 2012
    Could be...

Depends what we get in the Star Wars Rebel series and Sequel Trilogy: characters, continuation of storylines, mentions, etc from the PT era. Also, if there are any spin off movies that take place during the PT era, for example at the top of my spin off wish list, Darth Plagueis

23. Darth Dominikkus

Darth Dominikkus Jedi Knight star 3

Apr 5, 2013
    It's all just another money maker. Star Wars was and is complete. The Clone Wars cartoon series just filled in gaps that were unnecessary and I feel like Rebels will just do the same thing.

24. darklordoftech

darklordoftech Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    Clone Wars era: 2002-2013

25. Qui-Riv-Brid

Qui-Riv-Brid Force Ghost star 5

Apr 18, 2013
    Not quite sure what that means really.

I mean this Rebels series is set between III and IV no?

So that means it's dealing with all the things that happened as a result of the PT era.

The OT era starts with IV.

So at best this series is a crossover era with transitional elements from one to the other.

It also remains to be seen how the ST will blend elements of the PT and OT together.

So at this time totally direct PT material is just about over.

Unless of course they decide to do a Clone Wars era live action spin-off.

I don't know how likely that is maybe not at all but at this point anything is possible.