main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Is the ''TFN FanFilms'' opening logo only available to those who are being hosted?

Discussion in 'Fan Films, Fan Audio & SciFi 3D' started by Indigo_Jade, Dec 7, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Indigo_Jade

Indigo_Jade Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 23, 2002
    I am just working on putting the final touches on the opening sequence to our FanFilm, and I was wondering if we are allowed to put the "TFN FanFilms" opening logo/sequence in our film even if the film might not actually get hosted by TFN?

I have used this board as an invaluable asset in the creation of our movie, and I would like to show our appreciation for TFN and all it has done by putting that opening sequence on our film, but I don't want to step on any toes by putting it there when we are not supposed to/allowed to.

Oh, and if we are allowed, where could I find the file? I know I can just as easily grab it from the beginning of another film, but I would like to have the original version.

Indy

2. DorkmanScott

DorkmanScott Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 26, 2001
    The logo is only for hosted files.

M. Scott

3. AdamBertocci

AdamBertocci Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 3, 2002
    It's a hosted films thing. Just like only flicks that MGM releases get to use that roaring lion. ;)

You can show your appreciation by putting a line in your credits, like, say, in the special thanks section, "EVERYONE AT THE FAN FILMS FORUM AT THEFORCE.NET".
    Or something.

Rick McCallum loves you!

4. Figrin-Dan_Man

Figrin-Dan_Man Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 4, 2002
    Yup. Of course, not everyone gets a FLASH tag, ADAM. ;)

So...do 'they' tack it on, or aftyer you get the thumbs up, do you? Zap, what about you?

5. AdamBertocci

AdamBertocci Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 3, 2002
    I tacked the TFN Fan Films logo on myself for RLR (on the video and DVD copies, the actual logo we know and love shows, not my Flashized version).

The Flash TFN logo version you see on TFN's RLR... I made that myself and showed it to Max, as I recall, as I wanted to have the logo on the front, but putting a movie inside a Flash file would take up more space than I felt was prudent.

Rick McCallum loves you!

6. Figrin-Dan_Man

Figrin-Dan_Man Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 4, 2002
    Haha! 'Prudent.'

:::Does Dana Carvey/Bush impression:::

7. myself_me

myself_me Jedi Master star 4

Feb 16, 2003
    Hey Indy, how's the fanfilm sofar?

8. Crunchy

Crunchy Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 29, 2000
    you can download it here!

9. DeadEyesSmiling

DeadEyesSmiling Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 4, 2003
    I've had better times than clicking on that link......

10. Indigo_Jade

Apr 23, 2002
    Going slowly but surely, MM... :)

11. durbnpoisn

durbnpoisn TFN Staff Cast & Crew Database star 5 VIP

May 20, 2002
    Both of my most recent films were not hosted by TFN. So, I just thanked the forum in the credits.
    I kinda get the impression that the only time you should use that logo is if it's being hosted from their servers. Otherwise, it's not really associated with them.

12. Semaj Ovured

Semaj Ovured Jedi Master star 4

May 8, 2000
    Indigo has a point ... in fact, isn't it okay for us to use the 20th Century Fox Films logo for the same reason?

Come on, Indigo ...

13. Indigo_Jade

Apr 23, 2002
    I wasn't trying to make any kind of "point" I was simply finding out if the opening sequence/logo was an official thing or if it was something people used to show that they are part of the "TFN FanFilm Community" kind of like a bumpersticker or a lapel pin... :) Now I know.

Indy

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.