DFW, TX Is the Xbox worth it??

Discussion in 'MidSouth Regional Discussion' started by jedikevn, Aug 8, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jedikevn Jedi Knight

Hey guys/gals, by now most of you know where I stand on the GameCube ;) but what I haven't looked at is the Xbox. I'm considering purchasing it but would like to get your guys'/gals' opinion on it. The two games that have really caught my interest are Halo and Morrowind. Are these games good, would you recommend me staying away from them, are there games you would recommend, why in God's name did Lucas ever have Greedo shoot first, is the Xbox a good purchase if I already own a PS2, PS1, 64, Super Nintendo,and a Nintendo? One thing I have already picked up on is to stay as far away from Obi-Wan as possible. Can't imagine a game sucking that bad but who knows. Thanks in advance for everyone's feedback. :D
  2. krwade3 Jedi Knight

star 2
    I dont own one, but if you saw my thread then you can understand why. I have played it and it is amazing what I have seen. I would get it for the fact that the network playability. But then again PS2 will have that in a month so its heard to say. I have only played one game and that game Kicks ass, but I would like to venture more down the lane and see what it has to offer...
  3. jedikevn Jedi Knight

Sorry man, I missed your thread about that. But thanks for the input. If I might ask, what game was it that you played?? Side note, I completely agree with you on GTA3. Matter of fact, when I got home last night I threw it in and ran over a few people for some enjoyment and then attempted to flee from the cops as long as possible in 5 stars mode. Awe, nothing greater than a game filled with hookers, mafia, corrupt cops, and nice little old ladies that you steal their cars from.
  4. Obi_Bamm_Karaoke Jedi Knight

star 2
    I guess it's time for my two cents on this:

Mmmmmm. X-Box.

I own one and absolutely love it. Granted, I am not that much of a hardcore gamer, but I find the controller much more comfortable to hold than any system I have played, and even though the games are limited right now, I really enjoy them (two words: Outlaw. Golf.).

Nothing against the PS2 or the Gamecube, but me likee me X-Box.

And I LIKED "Obi-Wan". A lot. But not in a biblical way.
  5. Kurgan1 Jedi Knight

star 3
    Obi-Wan is a decent game. I thought it was much better than Super Bombad Racing or Jedi Power Battles. And the duel mode rocks.

XBox has some cool games out for it, and more cool ones coming, like Buffy. I am all over that one. :)
  6. jedikevn Jedi Knight

The game or Buffy??
  7. krwade3 Jedi Knight

star 2
    Buffy on the Game... :p

Halo was the Game I played. It has amazing graphics game play and story line. Once you get in its hard to get out again. Ask Branson he will tell ya. [face_laugh]

Red 5 Out
  8. stone Jedi Knight

star 2
    [in response to topic question:]

YES
  9. jedikevn Jedi Knight

Thanks for all the feedback guys! I took your advice and went out yesterday and bought me a XBox. Oh my god!! That thing is swwwwweeeeeeeeett! I picked up Halo, Elder Scrolls 3, and DOA3 (She kicks high) [face_devil]. Anyways, my wife is out of town for two weekends so you all can bet your sweet arses that I'm really going to check out my investment. Later guys!!
  10. Darth_Chocolate Jedi Master

star 3
    Look, you guys know how i (seriously) hate to peddle my wares on the boards, but...

Do yourself a favor, Kevin. Go down to your local Blockbuster and buy a "Games Freedom Pass" in the next couple of weeks. It allows you to rent games unlimited times (2 at a time) and keep them for up to a month with NO LATE FEES!!! This way you can try out several other games as well and get a feel for your system. The pass costs $19.99 and lasts for a month. It's one of the better promotions we've had lately.
  11. krwade3 Jedi Knight

star 2
  12. Nightcrawler13 Jedi Knight

star 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.