main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

TV Discussion Is there a chance Ashoka will survive Order 66 and the Jedi Purge?

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Pat Darksider, Oct 19, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LukeTano

LukeTano Jedi Master star 3

Jul 10, 2009
    Like Anakin didn't question Obi-wan at every other turn? And, besides, she doesn't go all Sithy and go wipe out a bunch of Jedi...or does she? She isn't as bad a Padawan as Anakin. Also, Anakin still seems to think he's Obi-wans Padawan because he still called him Master in ROTS. Also, Maybe, as that dude on Naboo said when he said that Anakin wasn't a Jedi, maybe he figures that since Ahsoka isn't a Jedi, he can let her go without disobeying his Master. Also, when has Anakin ever been entirely faithful to either of his Masters? Also, maybe Ahsoka does go Dark Side, sorta. Though I doubt it, no Togruta ever has. She probably wouldn't be a record-breaker...but with her ego...you never know. Personally, I hope she becomes as arragonant as Anakin. He survived the longest, ; so being more like him can't be bad for her health, unless she falls in lava like he did. However, maybe it could result in someone dying when she throws a temper tantrum. Maybe she kills Ventress in a fit of rage, thinking Ventress killed Anakin, then the not-so-dead Anakin spots her and reports her and she gets expelled from the Jedi Order, but, survives Order 66 and is allowed into the New Jedi Order.

2. LukeTano

Jul 10, 2009
    She'll eventually learn and actually listen to Anakin. Also, he said he knows what she's thinking when she goes off on missions like the one she did to rescue Plo Kloon. Also, concerning him, maybe Ahsoka survives, but finds out Plo Kloon, Luminara, Aayla, Shaak Ti, Kit Mundi, and all the others, minus Obi-wan and Yoda, are dead and she knows Anakin has become Vader is loses her Force connection and isn't caught by the Empire because of it. Or she just finds a good place to hide, like Yoda did. Maybe she hides on Byss or something. Maybe she finds the lost Sith Temple and figures the Sith will never look for her there.

3. LukeTano

Jul 10, 2009

4. LukeTano

Jul 10, 2009
    Did you ban AhsokaSkywalker? I haven't seen any more posts?

5. LukeTano

Jul 10, 2009
    This thread does need to be slip into parts. It's getting kinda long. Also, how do you create threads? Maybe we could create them and talk about other stuff besides your topic and we could post the stuff that doesn't pertain to this topic there. Also, we don't always mean to. Also, I don't always intentionally respond to my own threads. First I did it because I didn't see the edit key and later it was usually by accident, thinking it was another poster. Anyway, I have Microsoft Programs to rewrite Star Wars and do all that fancy stuff with Ahsoka. Maybe I can discuss her survivng, though sometimes I say, well this character did this and this and he/she still made it, why can't she?, and I think sometimes it ends up getting off topic. It wasn't meant to be that way. Sorry.

6. AhsokaSkywalker

AhsokaSkywalker Jedi Master

Jun 23, 2009
    I'm back! [/quote]

7. AhsokaSkywalker

AhsokaSkywalker Jedi Master

Jun 23, 2009

8. AhsokaTheTogruta

AhsokaTheTogruta Jedi Youngling

Jul 15, 2009

9. AhsokaTheTogruta

AhsokaTheTogruta Jedi Youngling

Jul 15, 2009
    May the Force be with you.

10. GGrievous

GGrievous Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 6, 2005
    Sorry G_M that I'm taking your job but AhsokaSkywalker and AhsokaTheTogruta, please don't go off topic. :)

11. Gry Sarth

Gry Sarth Ex 2x Banhammer Wielding Besalisk Mod star 5

Jun 24, 1999
    Wow, isn't it an amazing coincidence that in the past week we've had an influx of two "new" members who have an Ahsoka-iteration username and seem to fully agree with the AhsokaSkywalker point-of-view (something completely unprecedented) and even share some of her annoying habits like long quotes.

8-}

12. koonfan

koonfan Jedi Knight star 4

Oct 15, 2008
    Hail Hydra! Immortal Hydra! Cut off a limb and two more shall take its place![face_skull]

Yes, it's from Marvel, but it fits. XD

13. Drewton

Drewton Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 8, 2009
    There's a Rule of Two.

It's not what I would call a "plot hole". Vader and Sidious are still Sith and there's nothing that says otherwise.

How is this a plot hole?

Uh, no.

He wasn't disrespectful to either Obi-Wan or Yoda.

Vader was simply toying with him in TESB and he lost his hand.

And I could go on and on...

He did lose his arm and would have died if Yoda hadn't come in, actually.

He never fought Grievous.

Uh, what? As long as Obi-Wan cuts off his arms and legs and leaves him to burn, but doesn't kill him, that makes Anakin a Mary Sue?

Clone troopers were supporting him.

You don't know that.

Not true. And he wasn't on the Death Star, so it wouldn't make sense if he wasn't a survivor...

You're completely stretching this. Vader was more powerful than Luke in TESB. Much more powerful. You already said Luke was a Mary Sue. And "finishing him on the Death Star"...so because Luke defeated him but resisted the dark side by not killing him, that makes Vader a Mary Sue?

The ways in which Anakin disobeyed Obi-Wan or the Jedi's orders in AOTC were never Mary Sue-ish.

He has a vision of his mother dying and goes to Tatooine against his orders. He's too late and his mother is dead already.
    He goes to Geonosis against his orders. He gets captured.

Whenever Ahsoka disobeys orders, she's usually right and knows better than anyone. That's part of what makes her a Mary Sue.

And Anakin was never a brat.

The only character you seem to care about in Star Wars is Ahsoka. Anyone else can be a Mary Sue if that justifies her being one. If all continuity, even of the films, is ruined just so she can be important, that's fine with you.

14. LukeTano

Jul 10, 2009

The only character you seem to care about in Star Wars is Ahsoka. Anyone else can be a Mary Sue if that justifies her being one. If all continuity, even of the films, is ruined just so she can be important, that's fine with you.
    Well, if they make more series with her in it and have her being on missions of her own during ROTS and during another series, perhaps the live action series, she manages to escape and goes into hiding, and perhaps help fight the Empire, but doesn't get caught because she isn't as noticable as people like Bail Organa and she strikes at a time when a lot of people where openly ticked with the Empire, and the Imperial Senate caused more trouble than her, so they never bothered to send a large enough force to actually capture her, nor were they certain it was just one person/Togruta/whatever doing it. And maybe she does amp up the attacks on the Empire, but at the same time Luke blows up the Death Star and the Empire focuses all of its attention on Luke and she manages to not get caught. Then she resurfaces after ROTJ. That could work, and it wouldn't really hurt the films at all. And she could be a Mary Sue and still not ruin the movies. Also, another point to consider, yeah she's a bit obnoxious to her Master, but Anakin isn't so condescending to HIS superiors either, and nearly get thrown out of the Order for almost going after Padme against Obi-wans orders, and risking a lot of stuff Obi-wan didn't think wise to rescue Ahsoka, and more important to Anakin, Padme, from the Blue Shadow Virus. Anakin has gone on blabbing on how the Jedi Council treats him so poorly to Padme in ROTS and possibly in AOTC too. Also, he couldn't hide that the Council asked him to spy on Palpatien from Palpatine, so it's not beyond the realm of possibility that he can't hide that he has become Darth Vader from Ahsoka, giving her the chance most didn't have to get away, also, maybe she's the reason Shaak Ti escaped. If the two work together, and especially if Rex helps their side, they could all get away. Also, maybe Ahsoka runs off to Felucia with Shaak Ti but causes a big disturbance against the Empire that gets Vader's attention, and Shaak Ti tells Ahsoka she has to leave, and Ahsoka does, and then Vader finds that Shaak Ti is there, thanks to Ahsoka being a show off, and sends Galen Marek to kill Shaak Ti. Also, why don't they mention what the name of their galaxy is in the Clone War Series, as we've all been wondering that forever? Also, if you claim she's such a Mary Sue, why don't you think she'll survive. You said a Mary Sue is a character that can get away with Anakin and fight bad guys twice or several times his/her ability and come out on top, like Walker Texas Ranger for instance. If so, why wouldn't it be probable, based on how she is doing so far, that she won't end up being the 1% that survives Order 66 and the Purge. Also, just out of curiosity, when exactly did the Purge end? Was Obi-wan technically considered killed in the Purge as well? Did the Purge end with Shaak Ti's death? Did it end with the destruction of Death Star II and the unshown but obvious that it happened restored Jedi Order, a.k.a the New Jedi Order? That is on topic, as, it might be hard to say if she survives, if we don't even know when exactly the Purge ended.

15. Drewton

Drewton Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 8, 2009
    And there is evidence for this therefore making this not a completely random unsupported theory...where?

You do understand that being a Mary Sue is a bad thing, right?

Despite Obi-Wan's words, I highly doubt Anakin, the supposed Chosen One, would have been expelled from the Jedi Order just from going back to rescue Padme. And again, you're missing the point. When Ahsoka disobeys orders, it's because she's right. When Anakin disobeys (or wants to disobey) orders, it's because he's a flawed character.

How are these two things related? And Anakin was justified in revealing that he was spying on Palpatine to him, because the act really was treason.

You're getting into completely unsupported ideas again. You really should start a fanfic.

For over thirty years the galaxy has just been known as "the galaxy". There's no need to change that.

I never said I didn't think she'd survive. Although I hope she doesn't.

That's not all a Mary Sue is.

A basic summary from Wikipedia: "A Mary Sue (sometimes just Sue), in literary criticism and particularly in fanfiction, is a fictional character with overly idealized and hackneyed mannerisms, lacking noteworthy flaws, and primarily functioning as wish-fulfillment fantasies for their authors or readers. Perhaps the single underlying feature of all characters described as "Mary Sues" is that they are too ostentatious for the audience's taste, or that the author seems to favor the character too highly. The author may seem to push how exceptional and wonderful the "Mary Sue" character is on his or her audience, sometimes leading the audience to dislike or even resent the character fairly quickly; such a character could be described as an "author's pet"."

The Purge ended in 1 BBY with the Duel on Cophrigin V.

16. BandofClones

BandofClones Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 3, 2009
    I honestly do not see Ahsoka surviving beyond the end of the series. While the powers-that-be behind TCW have expressed interest in showing what Anakin would be like with his own Padawan, I think Ahsoka serves only two purposes: to attract young female viewers and to provide yet another reason for Anakin to descend to the dark side. I view Ahsoka and Rex in much the same way: their primary value lies in their relationship to Anakin and how their loss would impact him. I think Ahsoka will meet her demise at the hands of Ventress or Dooku. I am actually fond of her character. She's grown on me. I am curious to see how they handle her in the second season, since things are supposed to get darker. Maybe Lucas and Co. will throw us all a curve by having her succumb to the dark side before Anakin. Now, that would be interesting.

17. Gry Sarth

Jun 24, 1999
    I was reading the latest post on the "Ventress death" thread and a thought came to me. When talking about the demise of a major character, everybody always talk only about other major characters. Everyone wants to see Ahsoka killed by either Ventress, Dooku or Grievous. In the most extreme case it's Cad Bane. But I personally think it would be great if she was killed by some lesser known enemy. Battle Droids DO kill people, from time to time. It would be strangely poignant to see Ahsoka die by the blaster of some faceless battle droid (or droideka or whatever). If you need a character of a little more importance, it could be some coward attack by that week's Tactical Droid. It would just go a long way towards showing how deadly and merciless warfare is. You don't always go out in a blaze of glory battling a titan, sometimes you just... die.

18. Garth Maul

Garth Maul Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 18, 2002
    By "strangely poignant", you mean "fitting", right Gry? [face_laugh]

19. Gry Sarth

Jun 24, 1999
    Dunno. I just think poignant is a cool word that makes me look smart. :D

20. koonfan

koonfan Jedi Knight star 4

Oct 15, 2008
    Poignant is used to mean (usually) bittersweet, tragic, touching, moving, etc., usually in an understated and silent way, brought by things such as irony, realisations, or awareness. In a sense, Order 66 becomes even more poignant the closer we get to the Clones in the show. XD

But yes. It is a smart-man's word too. Like malevolent. :D

21. Ludo_Kressh

Ludo_Kressh Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 30, 2005
    I like this better(although I would like to see Cad Bane or Grievous take her out, I would totally geek out over that...:p )

Her and Anakin could be in the midst of a huge battle droid fight, deflecting blaster bolts and whatnot and then they slow the action down and a stray shot takes her out, then they show Anakin with his eyes wide and mouth open as if yelling her name...like you said, poignant.

22. OBIGONKEN

OBIGONKEN Jedi Youngling

Jul 22, 2009
    Ahsoka has a good chance to survive "Order 66" if she gona know whatb Anakin know from Obi Wan. She is a "just" a kid in "Star Wars The Clone Wars", so if she is 9 or 10 years old, I think she is 12 or 13 maybe 14 years old then "Order 66" comes.

23. GGrievous

Nov 6, 2005
    She's 14 currently. That would damage continuity badly if she does survive. I see that if she was made for TCW, then she needs to end in TCW. But frankly, with all this new Season Two content coming out, my opinion can change :)

24. Game3525

Game3525 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 25, 2008
    I could see Ashoka leaving the order, I don't know she and Anakin get stuck on some war torn planet, and she decides to stay and help them out. It is a cheap way to end it, but I could see them going in that direction.

But, I hope they just kill her off.:p

25. GGrievous

Nov 6, 2005
    If Ahsoka leaves or she will be taken away from Anakin are terrible ideas. You build a character from her introduction then phase her off by taking her away? I like the whole Dark Side or death for Ahsoka, which one of the two could happen.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.