main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

TV Discussion Is there a chance Ashoka will survive Order 66 and the Jedi Purge?

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Pat Darksider, Oct 19, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LukeTano

LukeTano Jedi Master star 3

Jul 10, 2009
    I am in League with the Brotherhood of Darkness, and they'd better not do anything to Ahsoka, except let her live, and hopefully keep all her limbs and not end up on an iron lung, otherwise we're bringing in the Yuzzhan Vong and the Dark Jedi to take over the Jedi Order and see how the Galaxy likes it now that their guardians of Peace and Justice have become tyrants.
    DON'T KILL AHOKSA! She didn't do anything wrong. Also, I like her to win. It makes me feel cool knowing that somebody is better than Sidious planned on. I think Sidious even underestimates Anakin. It'd be funny if he underestimated Ahsoka and she bests him and/or Anakin and gets away and it shows that his Dark Side planning and skills got him "Civil War without end!".

2. LukeTano

LukeTano Jedi Master star 3

Jul 10, 2009
    Well, there's always my battle droids VentressRulz, DarthPlagius, and Bastila, droids even G_M doesn't know that they are mine. And also, just out of curiosity, do you think Ahsoka would marry me if I asked her? I've tried so hard to defend her. I've said that it would make sense for her to survive and have yet to have any proof that her surviving would ruin continuity. Noone has yet come up with an argument that Ahsoka can't be off on missions of her own or having a beef with Anakin and them not taking about or to each other at the time of ROTS yet. I still don't see what is so baseless. There is no reason why she can't survive. In fact, the fact that she seems to be such a "Mary Sue" would, if things continue as they are, make it seem extremely likely for her to survive Order 66 and the Purge. It would kinda fit with how her character has been presented so far, Ms. Perfect, or so many claim, and this is a kid's show after all, and we also don't know for sure that her death might have lead Anakin to turn sooner than he did in ROTS. Also, a lot of people would like to see her develop as an adult character, or marry her in my case. Not everyone wants her to end with the Clone Wars series. You must realize that some would like to see her return after the OT, and not just me and my clones and battle droids either.

3. Ahsoka can survive. Yes there is most certainly a chance she will survive Order 66 and the Great Jedi Purge!
  5. TheMacUnleashed

TheMacUnleashed Jedi Knight star 4

Feb 2, 2009
    I'm in full agreement with you on this. Looking at it realistically, there's no way she could have beat Grievous singlehanded. I think that can definitely be used in the argument stating that Ahsoka is a Mary-Sue.

LukeTano, you do realize that being a Mary-Sue is a bad thing, right? It means that a character has shown very little development, and is by far too powerful. I think that if there is any way to remedy her perfection, it would be to show some flaws. While I acknowledge -however unenthusiastically- that there is a chance she'll survive the purges, I don't think that saying she is a Sue is the best defense for you.

It would kinda fit with how her character has been presented so far, Ms. Perfect, or so many claim, and this is a kid's show after all, and we also don't know for sure that her death might have lead Anakin to turn sooner than he did in ROTS.

I can only speak for myself, but when I mention her death could have an effect on Anakin, I don't mean that I think it will rewrite canon. There's no way that LucasFilm will change exactly when Anakin went to the Dark Side. However, like the death of his mother, Ahsoka's demise could fuel his anger, making him channel his anger in order to avenge her.

...Not everyone wants her to end with the Clone Wars series. You must realize that some would like to see her return after the OT, and not just me and my clones and battle droids either.

Again, while there's no way I can speak for everybody here, from reading responses to this topic it seems as though most of the frequent posters realize this. However, I think you might also need to admit that there's chance -and it seems as thought it's a greater chance, since it has most of the already established canon on its side- that she might not survive. I understand that you can get attached, to some degree, to characters sometimes, but you need to be open to the possibilities. I can empathize for you, as one of my favorite characters in a different fandom recently got axed, but you have to deal with it. I mean, at least they're all fictional, right?

Concerning the Dark-Side debate: I think taking Ahsoka down that road would make for a very interesting turn. What if... she turned, and Anakin was forced to 'take care of her'? Even with the Dark Side, I doubt she could beat him. It's a bit far-fetched, but I bet it would make a great duel.

6. Garth Maul

Garth Maul Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 18, 2002
    Guys, I'm going to lock this thread for now. We've clearly established a number of different scenarios where Ahsoka could either live or die after the TCW series, and the original thread question has been answered.

Until we have more info and some idea where the TCW series is going with her, I'm going to lock this thread. Thanks, G_M.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.