main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Is there a chance Savage will survive?

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by DavidIX, Oct 7, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WilliamBard

WilliamBard Jedi Youngling

Sep 4, 2012
    How are they assumptions? They are facts.

2. darklordoftech

darklordoftech Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    That those are the ONLY causes of Maul's traits. They feared Maul when he was already 15.

3. Mzukiller

Mzukiller Jedi Padawan star 2

Sep 5, 2012
  4. Billy_Dee_Binks

Billy_Dee_Binks Force Ghost star 4

Mar 29, 2002
    I bet Savage will ultimately kill Maul. Either Sidious or Savage will do it. More likely Savage, though. Why? Because Maul is shaping him into his student, the brotherly bond will suffer until he turns against his master. Mark my words.

Speaking of Savage, I really hope he'll slowly turn into a Frankenstein's monster character. With every duel he'll get more battle-worn, until he ends up looking like a patchwork. That would IMO at least give him a personality visually.

5. Dark Lord Tarkas

Dark Lord Tarkas Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 29, 2011
    Who else thinks I'm past due for a "Sith eyes" rant?

:mad:

darklordoftech likes this.
  6. darklordoftech

Sep 30, 2012
    I do. As I said, "transformation" might be helpful to figuring "Sith eyes" out.

7. WilliamBard

Sep 4, 2012
    Other Sith have basically the same traits, and they didn't all grow up on Dathomir/under Mother Talzin's influence. If Maul were transformed by Mother Talzin, there would be no question; he would be bigger, with longer horns, etc. But Maul is the same size as an ordinary Zabrak. This is a fact.

IndianaBones likes this.
  8. WilliamBard

Sep 4, 2012
    Then how will we explain Sidious' Sith eyes? Or Vader's? Say they both went to Dathomir for a dose of Mother Talzin magic, then went back to their normal lives as Sith?

IndianaBones likes this.
  9. darklordoftech

Sep 30, 2012
    I was actually only talking about Maul. Also, size and horn length vary from Zabrak to Zabrak.

10. WilliamBard

Sep 4, 2012
    I realize you were only talking about Maul, but when you say ""transformation" might be helpful to figuring "Sith eyes" out", why would it have anything to do with Maul's Sith eyes, but nothing to do with those of other Sith? There is simply a lack of logic here. The Sith eye phenomenon is shown in more Sith than Maul; thus, if it were caused by Talzin's magic, that would have to mean that Sidious' and Vader's Sith eyes were also caused by Talzin's magic. Size and horn length may vary, but not to the degree of Savage vs. every other Zabrak we've seen on the show. They were all about his height, prior to the transformation. The fact that they made him so much noticeably bigger post-transformation pretty well indicates that they were trying to visually show that he was different from the other Zabraks. You're scraping the barrel for things to support your theory, but it's just not adding up...

IndianaBones likes this.
  11. Dark Lord Tarkas

Apr 29, 2011
    If there's such a thing as "Sith eyes," show me Darth Tyranus with them in the PT.

12. darklordoftech

Sep 30, 2012
    Savage and Vader got "Sith eyes" in completely different ways. I was saying that "transformation" could explain differences between Maul's "Sith eyes" and those of other Sith.

13. Valairy Scot

Valairy Scot Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 16, 2005
    It's been a long day...one could read that as - something fit for the JCC.

14. WilliamBard

Sep 4, 2012
    Even in the PT, Vader has Sith eyes one moment while killing the Separatist Council members, and then the next they're gone as he speaks with Padmé... This indicates that they come and go during certain instances. For instance, I highly doubt the first time Sidious' ever had Sith eyes was in RotS. And the fact that we don't see Tyranus with them doesn't mean he never had them. Regardless, this still does nothing to prove that Mother Talzin had anything to do with anyone's "Sith eyes"...

IndianaBones likes this.
  15. WilliamBard

Sep 4, 2012
    Perhaps. But still; I refer to my earlier post:

"Size and horn length may vary, but not to the degree of Savage vs. every other Zabrak we've seen on the show. They were all about his height, prior to the transformation. The fact that they made him so much noticeably bigger post-transformation pretty well indicates that they were trying to visually show that he was different from the other Zabraks."

Basing off of TCW team's own recipe for what equals a transformed Zabrak, we can say that Maul has not been transformed. And if he wasn't transformed, then his Sith eyes were not a result of Talzin.

16. darklordoftech

Sep 30, 2012
    I don't see the big difference you refer to, but I acknowledge the possibility.

17. WilliamBard

Sep 4, 2012
    From the Wook: "Subjected to the dark magicks[7] of the Fanged God,[26]Opress was granted greater height and size, a full crown of vestigial horns..." Also, compare a picture of pre-transformation Savage with post-transformation Savage. There is a big difference. Post-transformation, he towers over everyone.

18. Dark Lord Tarkas

Apr 29, 2011
    That's true in Monster but less so in successive episodes. I've complained of that before.

19. DavidIX

DavidIX Jedi Knight star 1

Sep 3, 2012
    But the enhancements and transformations done by Mother Talzin and her clan are not understood, and that is a fact. Who's to say someone can be enhanced or transformed without physical differences.

20. WilliamBard

Sep 4, 2012
    That may be so. But I'm also wondering, why do I get the feeling that some of you guys WANT Maul to have been transformed, somehow?

Sudooku likes this.
  21. The Shadow Emperor

The Shadow Emperor Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 29, 2012
    If Lucas/whoever is in charge insists on killing Savage, so be it, but I want his story to at least have some resolution before that happens. So far he's served as Dooku's pawn, then Mother Talzin's pawn, and now his own brother's pawn, but has little real personality and motivations behind his actions. I can sort of understand why Filoni would decide that he's no longer necessary with the rise of Darth Maul, but why on earth he would decide to waste a character like that after going to all that trouble to hype him up as such an important figure in TCW is beyond me. I really like Savage and would truly love to see him grow and develop more as an individual as opposed to a mere lackey, but I guess that's not going to happen now.

Sudooku and DavidIX like this.
  22. darklordoftech

Sep 30, 2012
    You're the one scraping the barrel. I'm arguing that Maul having been transformed is a POSSIBILITY WITH SUPPORTING FACTS.

23. DavidIX

DavidIX Jedi Knight star 1

Sep 3, 2012
    I agree 100%

They would be making a grave mistake by just killing him off as second fiddle.

After they introduced him as the finest warrior of his kind. Mother talzin told him he had a " great destiny", Dooku after the first stages of his training had so much faith in Savage's ability, that he proclaimed Savage to soon rival Mauls power, and together they would be even more powerful than lord Sidious himself. Those are big words by the Count.

The Sky was the limit..Now after some spoilers that I've read and comments around the forum. I worry they will ruin another character.

Sudooku likes this.
  24. darklordoftech

Sep 30, 2012
    I also agree. Remember Celebration V?

25. WilliamBard

Sep 4, 2012
    What are the supporting facts?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.