main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

'is there a difference between you & your pen name' personality wise?

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by AERYN_SUN, Dec 7, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Princess1

Princess1 Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 3, 2001
    I'm not really that differnt from my screen name, not really.

As Princess1, my main fan fic writing name, I'm pretty much myself, although of course I'll go deeper into fan fic and ideas about star wars then in real life, becuase in real life most people wouldn't know what I was talking about.

But my personality is pretty much the same.
    Although I'm a bit more of a flirt on line then I am with most real life people. :D

Then my other screen name, Falcons Girl (its a older one of mine) I've written a little bit of fan fic under that screen name, but not much, I guess its my sillyer side, who knows, I have so many screen names its crazy!

Princess1, Falcons Girl, Gem, IamaSkywalker, loveableblonde......lots. :D

2. Knight-Ander

Knight-Ander Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 19, 2002
    The difference maybe subtle for me, but I'm more concerned about what people think of me here than in real life.

People's opinions of Kevin are formed through my physical actions, facial expression, body language, speaking voice, etc..

Knight-Ander's only form of expression is through words, his fingers as they move across the keyboard, and unless I'm writing a story, my creativity stalls (to Kevin's disappointment) when just having a "conversation" on the boards like this.

::Wow! I've never talked about myself in the third person before:: :p

3. AERYN_SUN

AERYN_SUN Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 1, 2001
    I've never talked about myself in the third person before

kinda weird, isn't it? i conside aeryn_sun and obi's girl two different people because they have their own personalities.

4. Crazy_Vasey

Crazy_Vasey Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 8, 2001
    No. I even used my real life nickname. What you see is what you get with me, I don't generally bother to hold back.

5. rogue11lovesjag

rogue11lovesjag Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 13, 2002
    I think there's a great difference between the real me and my online personality. In real life, I tend to ramble all the time. Online, I'm not nearly as conversational. More often than not, I post whatever my post for the night is, and go to bed or whatever.

I'm also a lot more goofy in real life, I think. Goofiness doesn't come across as easily on the boards.

~Rogue

6. AERYN_SUN

AERYN_SUN Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 1, 2001
    i know what you mean rogue. people tend to be more conservative on boards. sometimes my sarcasm can be interpreted as something else.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.