main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Is there a good film within the Clone Wars feature?

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Darth Eisner, Jan 13, 2018.

1. Jedi_Sith_Smuggler_Droid

Jedi_Sith_Smuggler_Droid Force Ghost star 6

Mar 13, 2014
    Is there a good film in the Clone Wars feature? No.

Are there four good to decent episodes of a TV show roughly woven together in the Clone Wars feature? Yes.

Did the feature film help or hurt The Clone Wars TV show?

The movie probably made enough money to pay for setting up the facilities to make the weekly TV show and foot the bill for the first two seasons of the series. That's a huge help. Having a feature film also brought extra attention to the TV series it might not have gotten if it just premiered on TV. But the reviews were largely negative for the film.

My feeling is had the movie premiered on TV would get extremely positive reviews saying it looked more like a feature animated film on par with Pixar and not something on regular TV. And premiering on TV might have drawn more people into watching the first season. Then again if the show started off better maybe ti wouldn't have changed so much over it's 6 seasons.

KamenSentaiMetalHero likes this.
  2. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    The animation difference alone is stunning between season 6 and 1.

3. cwustudent

cwustudent Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 25, 2011
    IIRC, this film once had a substantially different structure, bcs it would've incorporated flashbacks during the main story. But, back then, Star Wars didn't have flashbacks. That film might've been good. Maybe.

4. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    Do we know what the flashbacks would have been about?

5. cwustudent

Apr 25, 2011
    IIRC, the flashbacks were Anakin's first interactions with Ahsoka.

6. Alexrd

Alexrd Chosen One star 6

Jul 7, 2009
    The first two seasons were virtually done by the time the movie was released and the facilities already existed. It made money that they otherwise wouldn't have and it probably did help the development of future episodes, but it didn't go for those things you pointed out.

theraphos likes this.
  7. Jedi_Sith_Smuggler_Droid

Jedi_Sith_Smuggler_Droid Force Ghost star 6

Mar 13, 2014
    Yes, that's what I meant. It put Lucasfilm in this great position that all the money they sunk into making the first two seasons had already been made back before the first episode aired.

Last edited: Jan 19, 2018
  8. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    I thought his first interactions were when she landed.

9. cwustudent

Apr 25, 2011
    I'm watching the Blu-ray commentary rn. I probably made an incorrect assumption about the flashbacks. My bad. 8-} Commentary says, originally the film opened on Teth with Anakin and a mysterious young girl (Ahsoka), and that was the first footage GL saw. He said it should be on the big screen. According to production numbers, The New Padawan was the 18th episode. So, if The New Padawan wasn't originally in the film, I wonder when it was added.

10. Alexrd

Alexrd Chosen One star 6

Jul 7, 2009
    The decision to release it as a film was made late in the game, not the first time George saw footage of the first few episodes. George said it was worth seeing that animation on the big screen, but that's different from actually planning a theatrical release and doing it.

11. KamenSentaiMetalHero

KamenSentaiMetalHero Jedi Padawan star 1

Dec 19, 2017
    I think the movie is pretty decent. While the plot isn't very interesting, the action scenes and the interaction between Anakin and Ahsoka are fun.

Yeah, that's what I thought. They should of used that for the movie either that or a TV movie, something Rebels did right.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 24, 2018
    cwustudent likes this.
  12. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
  13. KamenSentaiMetalHero

KamenSentaiMetalHero Jedi Padawan star 1

Dec 19, 2017
    Oh, I'M sorry, I was posting on my phone and I'm not that good at it. Thanks for the heads up

Last edited: Mar 24, 2018
  14. revan772

revan772 Jedi Master star 4

Aug 5, 2014
    I enjoyed this movie, I did not think it was considered bad. Me and dad saw it, and we both really liked it.

Ahsoka's Tano likes this.
  15. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    I love hearing Christopher Lee do Count Dooku in this movie, not slam against the series actor, but if you put together AOTC and ROTS, oddly the most Christopher Lee Dooku you get is actually in the Clone Wars movie.