Is there a good selection of Star Wars AOTC Saga Figures in places like SM?

Discussion in 'Philippines' started by scoobydoobykenoby, Jul 31, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. scoobydoobykenoby Jedi Padawan

Hi, I'm from California, about to go visit the philippines for 2 weeks. Do you guys have a good selection of figures? Thanks.
  2. jedi_ginny Jedi Master

star 3
    Zoiks! Nooo! Not at SM! You probably won't find anything there! You can try the little toy shops. Better check the other threads for directions to those places....
  3. scoobydoobykenoby Jedi Padawan

What about Vira Mall/Greenhills? I remember going there before and there was the one hobby shop that sold toys when I collected Gundam Models.
  4. jedi_ginny Jedi Master

star 3
    Greenhills, yes. That's where you'll find most of the toys. There were several stores mentioned in the past threads (check Philippines Merchandising Alerts, What Are Your Star Wats Collections).

okay.... here are some quotes from our resident Toy Guru, jedinov from past posts:

"One of the best places to start looking is Jun Tolentino's stall in 3rd level Virra Mall Greenhills. I don't know what it's called pero you can't miss it kasi it's lined wall to wall with SW Toys and other action figures. I'll source around for a Snowspeeder. Also check out Rams Hobby Shop in Festival Mall Alabang.

The store I'm referring to is on the 3rd level Virra Mall on the wing opposite the one that burned down last year. Jebbs is in Shoppesville. It's two floors above Best toy shop. Go up the stairs on the side of Virra entrance facing Annapolis st. Enter the first lane (I think it's Camia). First left. It's near Comic Sale Central. The owners are Jun Tolentino and Edmund Yanga. "

*** There you go. Hope that helps. :) Good luck!

5. jedinov Jedi Padawan

The store's name ( the one in Virramall 3rd level ) is J.A.E. Collectibles. Also check out Best Toy store and Victoria's Collectibles both on the first level of Virramall Greenhills.

Then in the new Shoppesville Mall in Greenhills, behind the newly renovated Greenhills Theatre, check out Hobby World for finer (more expensive!) collectible finds.

Happy hunting, and do let us know if you're in town so we can show you around!

6. jedi_ginny Jedi Master

star 3
    Hmmmm... good idea, jedinov. heheh....
  7. count-cuckoo Jedi Padawan

aotc figs in good 'ol US of A costs between $5 - $7 (at the most) so that's roughly 350 pesos. here, they cost twice to thrice as much ranging from 750 to 1000+pesos in the hobby stores. the most sensible places to go to would be Toy Kingdom and as you said SM dept stores where they sell at 400 pesos. but of course at this time, all that's left in the shelves are pegwarmers. the aotc vehicles costs just about the same here as in the US.
  8. StompboXX Jedi Knight

star 2
    Now ain't that weird?

I actually found the vehicle prices here considerably cheap, but those friggin toys AREN'T!!!

Ginny, has your Jorg Sacul figure arrived yet?
  9. jedi_ginny Jedi Master

star 3
    Jorg? Nooooo!!! Waaaahhhhh!!! Probably flying in his little cardboard box starship somewhere over some friggin ocean. Waaaahhhh!!! It was sent by regular post so.... I'll get back to you in 2 months. ;)
  10. jedinov Jedi Padawan

FYI. All Star Wars figus and vehicles in SM Toy Kingdom are on half-price (well, what's left of them by now...) What might be worth it is the Slave 1 at P800, the Acklay and Reek at P500 each and good 'ol Palpatine at P200.

Hey, Scooby! You in town yet?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.