Is There a Point that is Being Missed?

Discussion in 'Episode IV: Spoilers Allowed' started by Rogue1-and-a-half, Mar 31, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rogue1-and-a-half Manager Emeritus who is writing his masterpiece

star 7
    Seriously, I just see us getting so divided! Bashers say this and gushers say that and we're just splitting down factional lines! Don't let that happen.

Let's get back to the one great love that ties us all together.

Love of STAR WARS.

And when I say STAR WARS I don't mean the movies. God, no . . . I'm talking about just those specific two words: STAR WARS! Don't you love them?

That's the reason I'm going to see this "Episode IV." Because of those two words on the front of it. That ten seconds they're on screen; that's why I'm going to the theatre. The movie may suck, in fact it probably will, but hey, I don't even like movies, just those two words.

STAR WARS

And no matter how insipid, stupid, vapid, emotionally hackneyed or banal the movie that comes after those words are, I will still stand up proudly and say I loved it. Why?

STAR WARS

STAR WARS

STARWARSSTARWARSSTARWARSSTARWARS

If you're a real fan, you'll ignore the movie. Focus on those two words.

2. Bacon164 Force Ghost

star 7
    It'LL BE CALLED THE REBELLION RISES ADN YOU KNOW IT! >:eek:
  3. FlareStorm Force Ghost

star 6
    I'm with you. We all registered here for a reason, and that reason is Star Wars (cept for those people who talk about other stuff in the Sci Fi boards (and just spam in the YJCC)

But too me, its always about those first words: Lucasfilm Ltd.
  4. TheBoogieMan Manager Emeritus

star 6
  5. Everton Chosen One

star 10
    To me it's really about Star Trek... but for the purposes of not getting edited by the mods, I will agree and say it's all about STAR TREK!!!

I mean, Star Wars Trek.

Wars.
  6. sith_rising Force Ghost

star 4
    It will suck. It's just not the same as the Star Wars I grew up with back in 1999. Now, George is all about money and marketing. The dialogue and acting will suck, and I heard that he's not even using state-of-the-art CG for this one, but rubber masks and models! Lucas raped everyone's childhood!
  7. Rogue1-and-a-half Manager Emeritus who is writing his masterpiece

star 7
    BASHER! GET LOST! YOU KNOW WHAT SUCKS?!? YOU! THAT'S WHAT! YOU YOU YOU! GET LOST! OUT OF THIS THREAD!

Seriously, I just wish we could all come together as a community again . . . haven't I extended the hand of friendship here and . . .

WHY ARE YOU STILL READING THIS?! BASHER !! OUT!! NNO BASHERS ALLOWED!! STAR WARS FANS ONLY!!

anyway, I just want us to be a family again.
  8. ThrawnRocks Force Ghost

star 6
    What if there's a typo?
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.