main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Kylo Ren's Lightsaber

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by ScorpionJedi, Nov 28, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi Merkurian

Jedi Merkurian Future Films Rumor Naysayer star 7 Staff Member Manager

May 25, 2000
    Quoted for irony [face_mischief]

2. Grand Master Galen Marek

Grand Master Galen Marek Jedi Knight star 4

Jun 22, 2014
    Does anyone have any practical ideas for the bad guys lightsaber purpose I've ran out.:mad:

3. nightangel

nightangel Force Ghost star 6

Oct 31, 2014

so why not done the whole hand protection out of this impervious Metal part? Less dangerous for the user without these mini blades. [face_dancing]

4. The Hellhammer

The Hellhammer Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 4, 2012
    You mean except for all the ones that were already listed in the first five pages of the thread?

Or it's time to start going in circles again?

5. Pax Sithus

Pax Sithus Jedi Padawan star 1

Dec 6, 2014
    E- FIGHT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    As stated again and again the cross guards are designed to protect the hands. I know that there is metal between the hilt and the guard but I do not care because I think that sabre is very badass and looks awesome.
    As to him cutting his own hand, the dude's a Sith. He has magical powers, errrr the Force, which aids him in wielding it.

Lando Griffin likes this.
  6. Mark Spada

Mark Spada Jedi Youngling

Dec 14, 2014

“In a world where critical thinking skills are almost wholly absent, repetition effectively leapfrogs the cognitive portion of the brain. It helps something get processed as truth. We used to call it unsubstantiated buy-in. Belief without evidence. It only works in a society where thinking for one's self is discouraged.”

- Laura Bynum

"Post-Adolescent Expert Syndrome: The tendency of young people around the age of eighteen, males especially, to become annoying, self-regarding experts on everything."

- Douglas Coupland

7. Jedi Merkurian

May 25, 2000
    "I just find it ironic that someone who can't go back in time discounts the experiences of someone who can't go back in time."

-Jedi Merkurian

8. Mark Spada

Dec 14, 2014

Ignorance? Check. Arrogance? Check. Quoting yourself? Check.

I never claimed to have any experience murdering other human beings with a sword. Apparently Sarge thinks he has such experience because he puts on a costume and sword fights with his friends.

I just find it ironic that a guy who claims to "study" illegitimate, unproven, and unreliable combative methodology without a direct line of transmission would even consider arguing with someone who studies the real thing. But this is the internet, and a Star Wars forum as well. I guess the nerds truly have inherited the earth. The view from behind your keyboards and the air inside your parent's basements must be especially enticing.

9. City Councilman Binks

City Councilman Binks Jedi Master star 4

May 7, 2014

Ignorance? Check. Arrogance? Check. City Councilman Binks quoting you? Check.

10. Jedi Merkurian

May 25, 2000
    Look, dude...I'm not the one getting all hostile about a nerdfight on teh interwebz about swordfighting. That dubious and LOL-tastic honor belongs to you. Moreover, in addition to being factually incorrect, you've strayed into the realm of personal attacks. I advise you to drop this line of discussion. Your posting future here depends on it [face_peace]

fishtailsam and EHT like this.
  11. spacename_the_name

spacename_the_name Jedi Master star 3

Feb 5, 2005
    The practical purpose of the lightsaber is to confuse your opponents by them asking
    "what's the purpose of those?"

Works everytime

12. DarthBreezy

DarthBreezy Chosen One star 6

Jun 4, 2002
    *reads through the last couple pages and sees Colours VS Dec2014*

*giggles*

*Noobs*

*Giggles again*

13. hippie1kenobi

hippie1kenobi Force Ghost star 4

Apr 28, 2002
    The practical purpose is to start nerdfights and distract people from the truth that SpoilerMan drops. Mystery Box FTW. ;-)

All kidding aside, the debate on the previous page would be fine if we were discussing real world use of such a weapon. We're not. We are talking about pretend weapons in a space fantasy designed by people without decades of combat experience or whatever. Trying to suss the intended purpose, use and symbolism of such a weapon would require thinking in similar terms as the people who created it. In that light, the only "experts" are Lucas, JJ, Kasdan etc., and the people qualified to comment on it would be anybody that enjoys SW.

The ribbing we give each other around here is one thing, but fans should feel free to offer their opinions on a fun make-believe prop without fear of condescending ridicule.

Tossing the recent posts into the "taking things way too seriously" folder and going back to riffing on fun space opera names.

14. Hopeless

Hopeless Jedi Master star 4

Oct 28, 2006
    So is it true that lightsaber is actually a blaster?!

Ezra's influence maybe?!

15. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    "Get a life."

-William Shatner

16. Mark Spada

Dec 14, 2014
    Mod edit: Goodbye.

DarthBreezy likes this.
  17. thejeditraitor

thejeditraitor Chosen One star 6

Aug 19, 2003
    hooray! yub nub song plays...

18. spacename_the_name

spacename_the_name Jedi Master star 3

Feb 5, 2005
    Now we're making up our own rumors

19. Scummy_and_Villainous

Scummy_and_Villainous Jedi Knight star 3

May 13, 2013
    You should be more like the character in your avatar; humble, quiet, non-confrontational. A master swordsmen and "badass" though he was he ultimately was shot and died in a mud puddle.

20. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
    Sorry about all that, everybody. That guy's attitude just rubbed me the wrong way.

We now return you to our regularly scheduled geekery.

21. IG_2000

IG_2000 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 5, 2008
    Okay, I just thought of this.

The idea that the two little sabers are a sort of "exhaust" was already brought up.

Adam Driver is supposedly Kylo Ren, who supposedly has a cybernetic hand and a half burnt face (covered with a metal plate).

What if he attempted to construct his own lightsaber, and it explodes, blowing off his hand and burning half his face? And he creates a new lightsaber with exhaust ports to prevent that from happening again?

22. EviL_eLF

EviL_eLF Force Ghost star 5

Mar 16, 2003
    [​IMG]

rumsmuggler likes this.
  23. rumsmuggler

rumsmuggler Chosen One star 7

Aug 31, 2000
    The last few pages of this thread were quite entertaining.

Jedi Knight Fett and EviL_eLF like this.
  24. The Revanchist

The Revanchist Jedi Padawan star 1

May 27, 2013
    This video debunks the idea that the crossguard is dangerous for the weilder:

25. Krueger

Krueger Chosen One star 5

Aug 9, 2004
    It looks cool.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.