main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Kylo Ren's Lightsaber

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by ScorpionJedi, Nov 28, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. starocean90

starocean90 Chosen One star 8

Feb 19, 2014
    well it was rumored that Kylo saber is an ancient blade back when we heard those Sith Collector rumors and that is mask might also be ancient and add to Uber also being possibly ancient, that's a lot of ancient/old going around the villain side.:)

maybe the saber Rey and co find is also ancient, which is why Kylo wants it to add to his collection.:p

DarthLightlyBruise likes this.
  2. DarthLightlyBruise

DarthLightlyBruise Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 11, 2015
    I remember those rumors/ speculation, but this seems to be pretty close to confirmation.

Though the guy doesn't seem to be working on the ST, I imagine he may have been consulted. And that statement he made sounded pretty unequivocal. He said "I know," not "I suspect" or "I guess."

Though of course, his statement may have been quoted out of context.

starocean90 likes this.
  3. CrazyOldJedi

CrazyOldJedi Chosen One star 6

Oct 29, 2000
    Nah, he's lost his marbles. Jedi blades aren't red.

DarthLightlyBruise likes this.
  4. DarthLightlyBruise

Feb 11, 2015
    Right - the other possibility. His statements are completely unreliable. :)

5. OGGUNGAN

OGGUNGAN Jedi Master

Dec 8, 2014
    It's a key to the tomb.

Dak Oolron likes this.
  6. DarthLightlyBruise

Feb 11, 2015
    That's no tomb.

7. Shakez

Shakez Jedi Master star 3

Aug 22, 2014
    http://imgur.com/a/YLeIZ

Scrolling down, Kylo Ren looks to be terrible at making a lightsaber. It looks like some thing he found at a scrapyard. It adds up to the rumour that it needs exhaust pipes because of it's terrible design.
    Are lightsaber designs that hard to come by? Maybe that's the reason he needs the Bespin saber, so he can make a proper lightsaber for himself.

8. Wildcatbarry

Wildcatbarry Jedi Master star 4

Jan 23, 2015
    Kylo didn't have a master to advise him on proper techniques of building one.

Dak Oolron and Darth_Pevra like this.
  9. kyl-o-ren

kyl-o-ren Jedi Youngling

Oct 24, 2015
    it would cut his own hand

KenW likes this.
  10. KenW

KenW Jedi Knight star 4

Jan 25, 2015
    He hacked through it diagonally to hook that bottom wire up to the top, then left a gaping hole. Looks like a good weak point if you wanted to beat him. The exhaust port of Kylo's saber?

11. PymParticles

PymParticles Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 1, 2014
    Only if he didn't know what he was doing with it.

Sarge likes this.
  12. Darth_Corvus

Darth_Corvus Jedi Master star 4

Jun 17, 2010

This. He had very little to work with and did an admirable job. Not many star wars fans can build a working lightsaber.

Dak Oolron and Wildcatbarry like this.
  13. Django Fett

Django Fett Force Ghost star 5

Nov 7, 2012
    May be the KoR use weaponry that is made from scrap or salvaged, one of them seems to have a vibro-axe, and Kylo is continuing that tradition.

DaddlerTheDalek likes this.
  14. nightangel

nightangel Force Ghost star 6

Oct 31, 2014
    As I asked in the rumors thread, what happened to the other lightsabers? I mean if the KoR attacked Luke's academy, why did they not take the sabers from the dead students? [face_dunno]

Dak Oolron likes this.
  15. TurboPGT

TurboPGT Jedi Knight star 3

Jul 15, 2015
    In the one small shot we have the KoR standing around the dead students, Kylo does appear to have picked up one of their Lightsabers.
    And if their motive was indeed to wipe out the Jedi, collecting the lightsabers and other useful Jedi artifacts would be important to that mission. So I think it goes without saying.

As for why the other Knights of Ren appear to be just armored mercenaries..that is where I have to [face_dunno]

Dak Oolron and nightangel like this.
  16. DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR

DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR Force Ghost star 5

Jun 8, 2002
    As far as the original posted question is concerned, it really depends on Kylo's fighting style, really. If he uses it like the broad swords of our history - where it's used for overhead power swings, then yeah, it makes sense to have one. Especially for defense and not having much skill in using a lightsbaber. But I can't imagine using it while spinning and twirling it, though. It seems like it would be too dangerous - what with the cross-guard and all. But then again, I think it's ridiculous that anyone would even attempt to do that with even a regular lightsaber, anyway.

17. RadarAP

RadarAP Jedi Youngling

Nov 18, 2015
    I don't think Kylo Ren has a true lightsaber. I think he has constructed a vibroblade saber. Vibroblades creating the hilt. That might explain why his saber burns the way it does, not crisp like a true lightsaber. He doesn't have the force ability to create a lightsaber accurately. That is why he need Luke's lightsaber.

18. Zev.Love.X

Zev.Love.X Jedi Knight star 2

Jan 13, 2015
  19. FirstOrder

FirstOrder Jedi Knight star 2

Oct 26, 2015
    Kylo's lightsaber is a beast. I can't wait to see it chop some Resistance scum down.

Wildcatbarry likes this.
  20. Zev.Love.X

Zev.Love.X Jedi Knight star 2

Jan 13, 2015
    I think it's pretty awesome. Junky nasty saber. I do think it's supposed to be a true lightsaber just a primitive one.

21. LUH-3417

LUH-3417 Jedi Master star 4

May 11, 2001
    love the imperfection of it.

22. Parparamia

Parparamia Jedi Master star 3

Sep 17, 2004
    I think Kylo's saber has been shown as a common sword and hilt....A hilt for whatever reason...but what i think we may see in the movie is the hilt and then much like Maul with his unleashing of the dual bladed saber....we will see Kylo extend the hilt into additional blades entirely....to make it a three bladed saber for the awesome reveal. _|_

23. Cleo Jinn

Cleo Jinn Jedi Master star 4

Jun 7, 2015
    Ok, so sorry if someone has already put this out, but I looked at the first 4 pages of the 99, and I couldnt find it.

Come on people! I know Im not the only out of a million SW fans that notticed the diference between regular lightsabers and Kylo's.
    The movie was just screaming "Kylos lightsaber isnt a lightsaber!"
    Ecspecialy the part where Rey ignites the Skywalker saber, then Kylo ignites his.

Can someone please inform me of what kind of lightsaber that is?
    Discus?

24. Trooper100471

Trooper100471 Jedi Master star 3

Oct 20, 2015
    Kylo's saber is different? Never...in other news...the Beatles have split up...

Boski and MeBeJedi like this.
  25. Cleo Jinn

Cleo Jinn Jedi Master star 4

Jun 7, 2015
    But it is.
    It makes a diferent sound when it ignites, and it looks like it is made of energy beams rather then crystals.
    It crakles and like I said, looks like it is made of something diferent.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.