1. Welcome, Guest

Upcoming events: Supanova: Melbourne (10th-12th April), Gold Coast (17th-19th April)

Oz Comic Con: Perth (11th-12 April), Adelaide (18th-19th April)

FF:NSW Is there any one with a Digital Projector

Discussion in 'Oceania Discussion Boards' started by Darth_Punk, May 1, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth_Punk Jedi Master

star 4
    Just wondering if anyone knows if there is a cinema in Sydney with a Digital Projector, as this would be the best way to see AOTC
  2. oblio_fett Jedi Knight

star 2
    unfortunately, not. there are only about 30 theatres showing it in digital around the world. it is expected that a few more will have them installed by the time aotc debuts, but far less than the 2000 that lucas predicted
  3. Darth_Punk Jedi Master

star 4
    Bummer.
    Lets hope for EP III
  4. Teknobabel Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    However if you want to see it in thx surround sound, you've got to go down to victoria or south australia, there aren't any thx certified cinemas in nsw

5. slaveone_2 Force Ghost

star 5
    I'm pretty sure Tek has one in his bag somewhere ;)
  6. Teknobabel Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    No, and i even can't sell you one :D
  7. Darth_Punk Jedi Master

star 4
    why not, they must be pretty cheap now, look at xbox, its only been out 5 mins and has almost halved in price
  8. Syrix_Kahl Jedi Master

star 4
    Yeah, but THX surround sound and digital projectors are actually good quality :p
  9. Nelson-Muntz Jedi Knight

10. Teknobabel Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Well obviously it depends on how good a quality amp you want

i can sell you a pioneer for 2300 that is thx certified, I wouldn't touch it with a ten foot bagre pole, but if you want cheap thx, why not go for it?

You can walk around the corner to the hifi store and get a marantz for 4995, that'll blow your brain out if'n you've got the right speakers, so will the pioneer, but the pioneer's distortion will also burst your eyeballs and liquefy your brain.

I hope you can see the difference here. The fact that the pioneer weighs 13kg and the marantx weighs 25kg might have something to do with it as well

In any case, I prefer music speakers to movie speakers, if you don't the difference you shouldn't be talking about thx speakers and amps in the first place
  11. Cockatiel Jedi Knight

star 2
    *This little bird called Cockatiel starts stomping around and flapping his wings in a huff and puff*

Argh that sucks that there is no Digital Cinema in Sydney!

I just read a thread (that ryhmes!) that Digital Cinemas get an EXTRA SCENE!

Check it out here: Not Happy Jan!
  12. legacyAccount Jedi Youngling

watch out... ^ link is in the spoilers forum
  13. Cockatiel Jedi Knight

star 2
    True, I think that thread is ok though.
  14. Syrix_Kahl Jedi Master

star 4
    Um... nice sig Cockatiel.

Well, I can't say that I've read it, but would you mind ever so much as to chance it to something else for the next 11 days or so.

I haven't actually seen AOTC yet, and I'd appreciate not knowing excerpts from the script just yet.

:)
  15. Cockatiel Jedi Knight

star 2
    It wasn't a spoiler but Done. ;)
  16. Syrix_Kahl Jedi Master

star 4
    Thanks so much. I realise that it's probably from one of the trailers, or something, right?

17. Ki-Bara-Mundi Force Ghost

star 6
    That's funny, I sent Tiel a PM about his sig before I realised Syrix had asked about it.
  18. Cockatiel Jedi Knight

star 2
    Great minds as they say.

BTW - DON'T GO TO NEWSGOUPS IF YOU DON'T WANT THE FILM SPOILED.

Unfortunately idiotic trolls are posting MAJOR spoilers in the subject headings. :(

Oh and don't read anything about Ep III either as it tells you who returns (thus a spoiler about who doesn't die). :( :( :(
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.