main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Is there anyone at the end of ROTJ...

Discussion in 'Star Wars Saga In-Depth' started by tun_dot_com, Apr 14, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarthBane77

DarthBane77 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 26, 2003
    What about the character THX-1138? It IS a character all its own! (laughs) I'm kidding folks!

2. padawanskywalker

padawanskywalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 16, 2003
    The debate is settled.NOBODY is left at the end
    of ROTJ who can tell the tale of the saga.

3. PMT99

PMT99 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 23, 2000
    Well, after hearing that Chewbacca will be in Episode 3 and that he was 200 years old in ANH tells me that he was around during TPM and he managed to make it pass ROTJ.

4. Eon-Wan-Mome_NT

Eon-Wan-Mome_NT Jedi Youngling star 3

May 1, 2003
    Maybe, just maybe the droids (R2D2 C3PO) did
    not have their memories erased but their data
    taken away temporarily. So when it's all over... Luke can upload it make into then and they can all sit around the campfire in Endor and watch the PT just like we do with RD acting as the projector and C3PO the narrator

(Oh, in case someone says "Well why didn't Luke upload this much earlier, that would have saved him alot of grief".

Then I say "Because Yoda had it hidden in Dagobah and just revealed the data chips'location to Luke after the 'Star Wars'
    were over. It's hidden in the dark cave , where all the secrets of the Dark history
    are revealed. Had Luke been able to pass the test he could have had this info sooner. But he was impatient, reckless. Not ready for the truth.)

5. DARTH_VADER_AND_C3P0

DARTH_VADER_AND_C3P0 Jedi Youngling star 3

May 8, 2003
  6. Obi-Wan__Kenobi

Obi-Wan__Kenobi Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 1, 2003
    Well, What about clone/stormtroopers? They can tell the story from Episode 2

7. padawanskywalker

Apr 16, 2003
    The WHOLE saga man!

8. Obi-Wan__Kenobi

Obi-Wan__Kenobi Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 1, 2003
    well thats as close as I could get.

9. SithLord-Will

SithLord-Will Jedi Master star 3

Mar 2, 2002
    Okay, blah blah everyone dead...

But could you Imagin how many arguments would occure when Ani Yoda and Obi when trying to tell Luke?

"No no no Old man, I was right, you shouldn't have treated me like a kid!"

"You were not ready!"

"Wrong the both of you are..."

Oh, On an off topic note... When the EU comes out, and the Senate scene does show up...How awsome would it be to see an old haggard Jar Jar, bow his head in depression....

10. ObidioJuan

ObidioJuan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 1, 2002
    Well the most likely candidate to have a good recollection of all the details is our very own blue astromech droid.

There are clues that he knows more than he says in ANH. He knew that they were close to Tatooine and how to find ObiWan there.

Another possibility is Old Ben. He's been a constant in all the movies, and I don't consider him to be technicaly dead. He became one with the Force, so he continued to live as part of the Force. And of course Anakin came back as a Force Ghost (I hate this term), so he could fill in the blanks.

11. padawanskywalker

Apr 16, 2003
    Tarkin.In a book it said he was alive in TPM,AOTC,ANH,ESB,ROTJ

12. Spike_Spiegel

Spike_Spiegel Former FF Administrator Former Saga Mod star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 12, 2002
    I'm pretty sure that Tarkin is space dust right before the ending of ANH...

13. GRANDADMIRALAXLROSE

GRANDADMIRALAXLROSE Jedi Knight star 7

May 8, 2002
    No. There is no one person who could tell the entire saga.

Yes Tarkin was alive in the prequels but he definately died on the death star. He was too arrogant to survive.

14. quara

quara Jedi Master star 1

Jun 28, 2003
    I dont think anyone could tell the saga from firsthand knowledge..

BUT
    Chewie lives through the entire saga, altho he might not have experienced much of it firsthand until the OT.

The only other living person is Mon Mothma (she's about the same age as Padme). She wasn't in every episode, but arguably she might know the whole story.

15. jedi_master_ousley

jedi_master_ousley Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 14, 2002
    (EU) Mon Mothma might be able to tell part of the story, but I doubt if she could tell the Anakin story. She was a senator (from Chandrilla, IIRC. It's near Coruscant), and the Rebellion itself didn't become "official" until a couple years before ANH, when her, Bail Organa, and Garm Bel Iblis signed the Corellian Treaty.

Her involvement with the Senate and whether or not she was friends with Padme is unknown, though. She could know about Anakin's turn, though I still doubt she'd know about his early years, or the whole story of Anakin's involvement in the beginning of the Clone Wars.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.