Is there anything going on in Las Vegas?

Discussion in 'Las Vegas, NV' started by SwordChick, Jan 27, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SwordChick Jedi Knight

star 2
    Hey everybody. I'm a Star Wars nut from Michigan but I'm taking a trip out to Vegas Feb 22-28 & I was wondering if there were any star wars events planned for that time.
  2. MoronDude Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    Well if you read the "Something's Rotten in the state of Nevada" thread, you'll see there isn't much. However, if I were a Star Wars fan from Michigan coming to Vegas for a week, I would definatly check out these two things:

1. FAO Schwartz at the Forum Shops @ Caesar's Palace. On the second floor of FAO Schwartz, there is a make shift Mos Eisley Cantina that actually serves drinks. There's also a talking Darth Vader.

2. Star Trek (Yes, I said Star Trek): The Experiance at the Las Vegas Hilton. While it is Star Trek, it's actually pretty cool. The "ride", if you would call it a ride, is so awsome. Plus there's a bar there that's a replica of Quark's Bar on DS9.
  3. SwordChick Jedi Knight

star 2
    Great. Thanks alot for the advice MoronDude! I'll definately check out the FAO Cantina & maybe the trek thing if I have some extra time. I'm really looking forward to being in the desert after all the snow we just got here. :)
  4. MoronDude Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    Well that's kinda funny, cuz It snowed here a few days ago. It didn't stick and the following day was clear and sunny, but you get used to crazy weather here in Southern Nevada.
  5. DarthRaith Jedi Master

star 2
    No events SwordChick, our first meeting is planned for April 6th, but if you want to get together with my family and watch Star Wars or just waste time talking about how cool SW is then let me know?
  6. Protoss72000 Force Ghost

star 3
    actually it says she is from michigan and she was visting is feb. so she already left :)
  7. DarthRaith Jedi Master

star 2
  8. BroodMcEto Jedi Master

star 4
    Hey fellow FanForce(ers?) peeps,
    I'm in the Waco FF and will be starting an Abilene FF when I move there after the marriage thing.

What I'm posting about is similar to the Original Post (OP). My now-fiancée, then-wife are honeymooning in Vegas. It will be the last week in May. We land at 4p on the 27th and leave early on the 31st. I've been to Vegas twice, and loved it both times. I know about FAO's deal (I bet it will be extra cool right after EpII!!!) and know my way around Vegas a little (won $750 on Let It Ride! at Sam's Town).

What I want to know is, Is there anything going on that week, not just Star Wars related. I know it's a bit early, but you guys might have a heads up on things. The websites don't show anything past late-April/early-May.

Also, I think it would be cool to 'run into' some fellow FF members. I know that my 'wife' probably wouldn't mind it, she probably would not like to have Star Wars stuff on the honeymoon. Don't get me wrong, she enjoys my SW enthusiasm, but I doubt it would go far on the honeymoon.

Maybe we could schedule a renzdevous at FAO one afternoon or something? Make it look 'accidental' or something? We really don't have any plans, so there's no schedule. It may be tough, but we might be able to pull it off.

Thanks guys, and MTFBWY!!
  9. BroodMcEto Jedi Master

star 4
    Oh, and good luck on your first Meeting! We're having our 1st anniversary meeting on the 24th. Granted, I've only been in the group since Feb, I still feel really welcomed here.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.