main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Spring, MO Is there anything I can do to help everyone use thease boards again?

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by echo-3, Jun 3, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. echo-3

echo-3 Former RSA star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 11, 2002
    Im the new RSA for St.Louis, And I just want to assure everyone the guard has change. The "Tyrants" that everybody is use to around these boards are long gone. I can promise you fair and unbiased leadership. You WONT be band for the silliness like in the past. We want everybody to feel that can post here and feel good about it. LMK If there is anything I can do.

Eric
    Midwest RSA

Edit
    I just want everybody to know that my use of the word "Tyrants" is a term that was used by another FF member on why they dont like using TFN boards. I would delete the term ,but it is referd to in this thread.

2. Vykk-Draygo

Vykk-Draygo Jedi Youngling

Jun 2, 2009
    I'm completely new to these boards, but showing signs of life like this seems to be a good first step.

3. echo-3

Mar 11, 2002
    Alsome !
    Let me know if there is anything I can do to get more activity on here.

4. spideymj

spideymj Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 4, 2005
    Hey, Echo. Former jedi council member here. Not sure who you are refering to as tyrants. All past leaders (and council members) are in good standings with a good jig of us/eachother. Most now use Facebook since its easier to use and we can talk with members of multiple groups, 501, rebel legion, jedi assembly, as well as dragoncon folks, etc. We can also talk off topic and not get flammed and use any language we choose. I see this board going the way of many of the other boards, which is too bad, many great friends were made here, but face it, its over.

5. Dagobah_Diva

Dagobah_Diva Jedi Master star 4

Sep 24, 2002
    Yeah. I still talk to lots of the people that I met here. We're all still around! But it's just too hard to keep things going on here. I still look to see if anything is going on though.

6. echo-3

Mar 11, 2002
    You realize I got you to post,HA HA. When I say Tyrant's ,I am using a term that was described to me from another user.
    Well i am sorry you two feel that way, I have been using our boards for years and still love it. Hope you change your mind.

7. Darth Gangrenous

Darth Gangrenous Chosen One star 10

Jun 1, 2005
    Welcome Vykk. :)

Hi echo(I have a friend in RL named Echo :p ). Former Council Member/CR here. While there have been times that we had differences in opinion and maybe even heated discussions, I don't think that anyone here(past or present) could be described as a tyrant or would ban people on a whim.

8. echo-3

Mar 11, 2002
    Thats good to hear, I am over lots of chapters now , and many users have said the same thing to me when asked why they went to another forum. Im glad you dint have to deal with anything like that.

Eric

9. Vykk-Draygo

Vykk-Draygo Jedi Youngling

Jun 2, 2009
    And where are these facebook groups? I've been through plenty of Facebook Star Wars groups and have never seen one that organizes anything. That's the whole reason I came to this board, to find local Star Wars fans like myself.

10. echo-3

Mar 11, 2002
    Thats my personal reason for loving these boards so much. Its just convenient.
    I am glad your posting Vykk, have fun .

11. spideymj

Feb 4, 2005
    Vykk-Draygo we are not on a formal group page on facebook, we all just friended each other. You are both right, these forums are a great way to meet new people who had/have the same interest. Sadly I think the interest in all that is Star Wars has run its course and new members are/were few and far between for the past year or more. The regulars here moved onto other interests. If you all can get this forum going again more power to you. Personally I would love to come back and start posting again.

12. echo-3

Mar 11, 2002
    And If I can do anything to help, Please PM me. Iv been around awile so maybe I could give advise on FF clubs or anything else. And remember .. Star Wars is forever.....

13. TheBothanJedi

TheBothanJedi Jedi Master star 2

May 16, 2004

The only way your forums are going to get active again is if people like you, people who would love to start posting again actually start posting again.

Right now this forum and this Fan Force chapter pretty much looks dead for all intents and purposes to people comming here looking for the St. Louis Fan Force.

I know you have no reason to listen to an outsider like me, but as the President of one of the more active North East Fan Force chapters, I know from experience that having a decent ammount of activity on your boards will help attract members.

You say you all communicate over Facebook, is there a link to any of your Facebook profiles? If that's how you interact tthen there should be some way for potential new members to get in touch with you.

It doesn't have to be. Fatalistic attitudes are not the answer to keeping this an active club. Make an effort, find things to do, things to talk about, other non-Star Wars interests that you all share. It's only over if you let it be over.

14. echo-3

Mar 11, 2002

Well Said.

15. spideymj

Feb 4, 2005
    MJlooks at both of you with apathy.:rolleyes:

16. echo-3

Mar 11, 2002
    I am sorry you look at it this way friend.

17. SteelLepp

SteelLepp Jedi Grand Master star 3

Sep 1, 1998
    I'm just more of a lurking sort, even at the meetings I made it too

18. shcook1138

shcook1138 Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 16, 2003
    I had given up checking the boards because there was no activity for so long... Now that people are posting again, I'll check more often and maybe post (no promises - I, too, am more of a lurker). Amy will have to yell at me if I'm not being social enough again. :)

19. Dagobah_Diva

Dagobah_Diva Jedi Master star 4

Sep 24, 2002
    Don't worry. If I go to a meeting I'm dragging you with me. ;)

20. chiss_man

chiss_man Jedi Master star 6

Jul 1, 2002
    She's serious, she used to do that to me back in the day.

21. echo-3

Mar 11, 2002
    I am so happy you guys are posting again. Keep it up and LMK if I can be of help.

Eric

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.