main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Is there anyway I can design my own bots on Jedi Knight 2 for the computer?

Discussion in 'Archive: Games' started by Yodas_Walking_Stick, Mar 4, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Yodas_Walking_Stick

Yodas_Walking_Stick Jedi Youngling

Sep 20, 2003
    Not Jedi Academy but the first Jedi Knight 2 game on the computer, is there a way to custom design the bots in my game? Instead of picking Tavion and others can I custom design an opponent and their force abilities?

2. jp-30

jp-30 Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2000
  3. Yodas_Walking_Stick

Sep 20, 2003
    Thanks for the link jp-30 but is there a way to make a quick bot without reskinning? Maybe just take a typical jedi bot and alter their force powers?

4. jp-30

Dec 14, 2000
    Yep.

Unpack the existing skin, open the bot file, muck around withe the numbers, save, repak, and you're done. :)

5. Yodas_Walking_Stick

Sep 20, 2003
    I appreciate all your help jp-30 and now for the stumper (or I hope it isn't a stumper) --- Is there a way to start a multiplayer game and only allow one death? I didn't see any death limit options on the multiplayer settings but I could have missed it. Is there a way to make Jedi Knight like Medal of Honor and other one kill limit games in MP? Thanks for any help. :)

6. jp-30

Dec 14, 2000
    I think so. In th box where you set the time limit, can that be flipped to a kill (or points) limit instead?

7. Jeff 42

Jeff 42 Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 14, 1998
    When you can create a server you can set a kill limit. Or if you want 1v1 duels you can just set it to duel mode.

8. Yodas_Walking_Stick

Sep 20, 2003
    Thanks for all your help. I've already got the hang of it down and working on a bot but I'm stumped with the Botmaker utility because it doesn't come with any documentation and that website doesn't have a FAQ on the attributes. I know what the force powers at different levels do but I'm little confused about the attributes on the left and the weapon values on the right. It says higher is better for weapons but I wonder what is the max value which will make a bot use that weapon 24/7.

9. bliv

bliv Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 23, 2002
    I've not had Academy on machine in a long time. (Too much Battlefield 1942) But I never found much need to make my own bots. Nearly every model I downloaded had it's own bots, which were pretty realistic.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.