main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Is there going to be a 2nd USA Leg of the Star Wars In Concert Tour added?

Discussion in 'Star Wars And Film Music' started by Master_Angela, Feb 2, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Master_Angela

Master_Angela Jedi Knight star 1

Feb 1, 2010
    Right now they are starting up a 2nd European leg, will they add more dates later in the year for the U.S?
    It did not come to my state the first time around, and I was very sad I could not attend. From the videos I've seen on youtube, it looks AMAZING.

Does anybody know any information about this? :)

2. ebamf

ebamf Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 19, 2009
    I can only hope - I missed out on the only showing they had in my state.

3. MattDoc

MattDoc Jedi Knight star 3

Dec 10, 2009
    I think I heard the guys on the Forcecast mention that they plan to bring it back to the US after it's done in Europe.

4. mikadojedi

mikadojedi Jedi Master star 4

Sep 25, 2003
    I was blessed and overjoyed to have seen SW In Concert in New Jersey. So, I would want to go again and again. At least 3 more times, as GOD permits.

A question for those who may know. I had a great view of the sound and light console area. There was a screen showing the Conductor, the images on the large screen, and the same image with vertical lines sweeping across it. Does anyone know the purpose of those lines? The same image was shown on a screen in front of the Conductors podium.

5. StampidHD280pro

StampidHD280pro Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 28, 2005
    whoa, if it does, count me in this time.

6. MattDoc

MattDoc Jedi Knight star 3

Dec 10, 2009
    Not only is it coming back, as we all know by now, I should hopefully get to go as they will make a stop in Raleigh, NC!

http://www.rbccenter.com/default.asp?RBCcenter=87&objId=711

The official site doesn't list this stop yet so if you are still waiting to see if your city is part of the tour for the 2nd half of the summer, check the website for your local arena/venue and they may already know.

7. Jedi_Keiran_Halcyon

Jedi_Keiran_Halcyon Jedi Knight star 6

Dec 17, 2000
    Those lines are called streamers. They're a very commonly-used tool for syncing live music with video.

You'll see it on pretty much any DVD bonus feature that shows the recording of a film's score. The line moves across the screen so that the conductor can time specific moments in the music to match perfectly with specific moments on the screen. The idea is to have the music "hit" just as the streamer reaches the right edge of the screen.

Just like those scoring sessions, the conductor and technicians at the show are trying to precisely time the music and effects to the video on the screen.

8. Master_Angela

Master_Angela Jedi Knight star 1

Feb 1, 2010
    Thanks for the information :)

Im going may 18th, 2010.
    traveling to memphis, TN from arkansas.

nothing ever comes to little rock. :(

im not complaining though, im thankful to be going :)

9. jedivalens

jedivalens Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 2, 2001
    It's coming here to Fresno, CA on June 17th! I'm going!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.