main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Is there going to be a new df and if so which number is it going to because I forgot

Discussion in 'Archive: Games' started by Darth_mack12345, Jun 14, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth_mack12345

Darth_mack12345 Jedi Youngling

Jan 17, 2005
    halo 2 rocks and i want to know the anwser to my question please and no fake names or #

2. SoloCommand

SoloCommand Manager Emeritus & GTA Coruscant Developer star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 15, 2001
    Dark Forces 6: Electic Boogaloo

3. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    They stopped numbering the Dark Forces series after the first two. If another one was to be announced (and, thus far, none has), it could be considered the "fifth" in the series, after DF, DF2: Jedi Knight, Jedi Outcast & Jedi Academy.

4. SoloCommand

SoloCommand Manager Emeritus & GTA Coruscant Developer star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 15, 2001
    Six if you count the wonderful Mysteries of the Sith.

5. The_Chim

The_Chim Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 16, 2001
    Isn't the next one going to be like GTA was?

6. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    Though that's technically an expansion pack and can't be played by itself, as I understand it.

7. Jaden-Skywalker

Jaden-Skywalker Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 13, 2004
    Black out spoilers please!!

8. FlareStorm

FlareStorm Jedi Grand Master star 6

Nov 13, 2000
    Playboy: The Mansion should be multiplayer

9. Indiana_Fett

Indiana_Fett Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 12, 2004
    ...What the hell?

10. Darth-Lando

Darth-Lando Jedi Grand Master star 6

Aug 12, 2002
    I lik KOTOR II!!!1!!1!

11. farraday

farraday Jedi Knight star 7

Jan 27, 2000
    I have all the star wards game evar, even the very first ones like Shadow of the Empire!!!

12. The_Chim

The_Chim Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 16, 2001
    That game's a myth and you know it farraday!

13. Handmaiden Yané

Handmaiden Yané Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 15, 2002
    i liek han he is sexy can i play him in a game plz say lucas will let me play han zomg

14. SoloCommand

Jun 15, 2001
    Mysteries of the Sith is more than just an expansion pack :p Hell, it adds more content to Jedi Knight than Jedi Acadamy added to Jedi Outcast, AND THATS CONSIDERED A GAME ON ITS OWN. It's long enough and hard enough to be considered a game in its own right, only, a game that requires the second disk of DF2 to authenticate it on the first load.

15. phantasm66

phantasm66 Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 31, 2000
    i still have the old atari 'empire strikes back' that NEVER ENDS. what a frustrating game. you have to kill all the walkers by shooting a specific spot on their neck (yes, just like how the rogues took out that tripped up walker in the movie)

shadows of the empire may have been the first console style game with a 3-d feel to it, but even the death star wireframe game predates that.

go find those games somewhere and play them for weeks on end - it'll make you appreciate the smooth rendering technologies we have now

16. phantasm66

Aug 31, 2000

i looked at it like a new game.. i remember having the toughest time trying to figure out how to 'wear' the tusken garb.. the rancor was a little tough too, but not impossible.

by the way, i dont consider it a spoiler if the game is 5 years old. if you can buy it used for $2 and you still haven't played it, it's your fault.

17. Darth_mack12345

Darth_mack12345 Jedi Youngling

Jan 17, 2005
    thanks you guys. but electric boogalo come on be more creative than that!

18. jp-30

jp-30 Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2000
    They're remaking DF1 for XBOX360, PS3 and Wii.

[image=http://darkforces.jediknight.net/screenshots/levels/08/12.jpg]

[image=http://darkforces.jediknight.net/screenshots/cutscenes/t5.jpg]

[image=http://darkforces.jediknight.net/screenshots/levels/01/05.jpg]

19. SithMan1138

SithMan1138 Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 1, 2005
    Those screens look better(Or my eyes are shot). Even though it's a good game....Maybe they'll add a ton of stuff to make it better. I wouldn't buy it though considering the game is older then me(Right phantasam66?). I'd rather just get a mod for the pc version that makes stuff better looking.

20. darth_Boba

darth_Boba Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 28, 2002
    It'd probably be hard to get an up to date mod for DF1 considering it's a DOS game.

21. SephyCloneNo15

SephyCloneNo15 Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 9, 2005
    The DF TCM team is gonna be out of a job. That looks amazingly better than their Screenshots.

Tell me when they get around to a console version of DF2: JK1. My friend and I have been salivating over that prospect since the N64 (even going so far as to map it out on an N64 controller in something similar to GoldenEye)

22. MarcusP2

MarcusP2 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 10, 2004
    [face_laugh] at jp's post.

23. SoloCommand

Jun 15, 2001
    Yet again, JP has made people look silly without even trying, GOOD JOB SIR!

24. phantasm66

Aug 31, 2000
    similar to the re-release of the boondock saints, game designers and publishers want a way to sell an older title for $50 all over again.

since its starwars, and im a fanboy, ill pay it. besides the dark forces game was really cool. and i played that game so much, id probably be able to fly right through the levels again - i hope they add a bunch of new things so i dont though. considering those screenshots, i might just wander around a lot anyway drooling at the scenery.

i dont think there will be a mod for the old game. there's an 8 year gap between the original and this one (at least). the 3-d engine will have been completely rewritten - sound tracks brought up to date

and if they put it on the 360, that means online deathmatch! [face_dancing]

25. Med_21B

Med_21B Jedi Master star 4

Apr 21, 2004
    I can't tell who's joking and who's being serious.

_Max

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.