main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Is there going to be another lightsaber choreography contest?

Discussion in 'Fan Films, Fan Audio & SciFi 3D' started by Kaos_16, Aug 26, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kaos_16

Kaos_16 Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 13, 2006
    Just wondering, cause me and some of my friends are working on a pretty intense lightsaber duel video.

2. FruityTooty

FruityTooty Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 29, 2005
    Yes, there will be.

3. JediPastor

JediPastor Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 15, 2005
    To somewhat elaberate on Kaos_16's narrow question...

When is the next competition coming? Is it already in the works? Who's puting it together? Can anyone just start one?

I think there are a lot of us itching to make one.

4. FruityTooty

FruityTooty Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 29, 2005
    Usually it's JBK, Sage, and a few other folks, and the ones that are considered "official" are started by either them or someone working with them, with the permission of the Fanfilms Main guys to keep bullitens posted and winners announced, etc.. We're about due for a new one to start fairly shortly, so it shouldn't be too long.

5. Kaos_16

Aug 13, 2006
    yeah, I was just wondering if there was even going to be another one. I'd really like to enter one.

6. Petyamester

Petyamester Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 6, 2005
    Then just make your fight scene now, and you can submit it any time the next competition comes.

7. Epopisces

Epopisces Jedi Youngling

Jul 22, 2006
    In the Ryan vs Dorkman thread I read this:
    So you can't make your fight scene right now, correct? You can block it out, choreograph it, etc etc but no filming until the LCC is announced?

I am curious as well because I am planning on entering the contest too.

8. TrowaGP02a

TrowaGP02a Jedi Master star 4

Dec 24, 2004
    Yeah, you need to film the fight within' the time limit of the contest. Last contest there were specific rules given to the filming so that it could be told if they were filmed during the allowed time or previous to it. They will announce the contest when it comes around, and if more people want it sooner, it probably won't matter. Anyway just remember it's a choreography competition and not a make nice lightsaber effects competition.

9. Kaos_16

Aug 13, 2006
    how the heck can they enforce a rule like that? there's no way they could make people film at a certain time.

10. Kaat

Kaat Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 5, 2004
    Imagine they would have sent in Ryan vs. Dorkman at every contest.

11. Petyamester

Petyamester Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 6, 2005
    But how do anyone know when did you film your movie?

12. Kaat

Kaat Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 5, 2004
    Well, as Trowa said, I guess there will be certain conditions given, like: film in the dawn, or something. lol

13. darth_Boba

darth_Boba Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 28, 2002
    See, there's this thing called the "Honor System", where people are trusted to follow the rules. I know it's strange premise, but for a lightsaber choreography contest on a Star Wars message board, I think it's not really worth it to cheat.

14. Kaos_16

Aug 13, 2006
    I'm not saying I'd want to cheat, I was just wondering about that rule.

15. TrowaGP02a

Dec 24, 2004
    There were specific camera angels that must be used, and I think a certain amount of cuts allowed. Use your imagination people.

16. Draconis

Draconis Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 17, 2004
    What is there to wonder about? Do you think that a lightsaber fight that was made in (extreme) advance, that's gone through months of fight training, months of construction for costumes and sets, leaves any chance to a fight, that was filmed, choreographed, edited, in mere weeks? Doesn't sound quite faire to me.

17. Kaos_16

Aug 13, 2006
    depends on who's makin' the vids :D

18. Mircat

Mircat Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 3, 2005
    Someone should invite Colbert to enter.

19. Epopisces

Epopisces Jedi Youngling

Jul 22, 2006
    I should probably put this in a different thread, say when the next competition starts, but this thread is so HERE, and I don't want to choreograph something I will never film.

My plans for my LCC entry involve a very short introduction---not enough to be disqualified for 'too much story', and yes it does contain choreography in it as well. The thing is, if they limit the number of cuts that are allowed. . .I don't know if I could do it. Is the number of cuts like 'x cuts permitted per 60 seconds of film' or is it a flat limit? I know this will likely be addressed when the LCC is announced, but if anyone remembers from previous times or has an inside on the guidelines, it would help in my prepro.

20. TrowaGP02a

Dec 24, 2004
    Just look at the rules for the past contests...

21. darth_Boba

darth_Boba Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 28, 2002
    Well, number of cuts wasn't a problem for the last competition, but only three camera angles were allowed to be used.

22. brook_33

brook_33 Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 30, 2003
    Really? Did that rule apply to LCC3? Cuz my entry was made months beforehand and I stated that several times. If that rule applied then then I'm sorry but I wasn't aware.

23. Khalor

Khalor Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 3, 2004
    LCC V has a myspace page. Keep watching that for updates.
    http://www.myspace.com/sabercomp

24. Kaos_16

Aug 13, 2006
    Can some of you that entered in past years post some links to your vids. I'd like to see 'em!

25. Zurita-Films

Zurita-Films Jedi Knight star 3

Aug 26, 2006
    So we submit a movie with a limited number of angles and shots with no lightsaber effects yet, just the footage?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.