main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Is there precedence for a scene being removed/altered before a DVD release...?

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by Avnar, Feb 21, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Avnar

Avnar Force Ghost star 4

Sep 20, 2007
    I don't want this to turn into another negative thread (we have a sanctuary for that) however - Is there precedence for a scene being removed/altered BEFORE a dvd release that fans were hugely divided over...?

I am specifically referring to the "Leia space float scene" It...just...doesn't...work (imo) [face_thinking] I am wondering whether this has happened before in any of the other films?? I wonder if the powers that be could (if they wanted to) cut the scene right as her hand twitches - Then we could just connect the dots of how she got rescued/ended up back inside the ship...?

Thoughts?

Just to clarify *I love 90% of what they did with this film* :cool:

Last edited: Feb 21, 2018
  2. Gamma626

Gamma626 Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 6, 2014
    Not gonna happen. When you get your copy you could try to edit it yourself I suppose, but there won't be a single frame adjusted to this film.

jaqen likes this.
  3. zackm

zackm Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 22, 2015
    :rolleyes:

jaqen likes this.
  4. Talos of Atmora

Talos of Atmora Force Ghost star 5

Jul 3, 2016
    It would be kind of pointless considering that this is the whole reason why post-production exists in movies.

5. DarthPhilosopher

DarthPhilosopher Chosen One star 6

Jan 23, 2011
    So small edits have been made previously, but nothing that significant. That probably had more to do with the fact it was George.

6. Pro Scoundrel

Pro Scoundrel New Films Expert At Modding Casual star 6 Staff Member Manager

Nov 20, 2012
    Yeah, we don't need a thread for this. People are having no trouble complaining about this scene in several other places. Locking.

Avnar, TCF-1138 and jaqen like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.