main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Is This All There Is To Love? or I Love You But ... ( An Obi and Jemmy Story)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by Glad is June, Feb 21, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Glad is June

Glad is June Jedi Master star 4

Mar 10, 2000
    Let's do an upsy to see if we go to the next page. I've got a post ready but I don't want to loose it.

2. Glad is June

Mar 10, 2000
    It was good for Obi-Wan to spend time with his in-laws to be. There were many places on Coruscant Tai'hal hadn't seen yet. She had been making a list of all she wanted to visit. Her parents presence gave her reason to bring out her list. Still it didn't escape Tai'hal's or Obi-Wan's notice that El'leat tired quickly. So with a little private discussion with Bodar the 3 worked it so El'leat could get rest in between sites. No one said anything but it worried them all that she fell asleep the minute she would sit down on a transport. El'leats head always ended up on Bodar's broad shoulder. He would gently touch her face or hand and speak her name softly to wake her.

Obi-Wan found it was going to take some time for him to forgive all of Tai's mistreatment. More than anything watching Bordar with El'leat helped that healing. He saw a very different Bodar on Coruscant than he had on Pira'a. The day before the wedding Obi-Wan and Bodar found themselves alone while both women went to the refresher.

They were eating lunch at the oldest indoor botanical garden on Coruscant. There was an awkward silence at first.

Bodar finally broke the silence. "It's seems unnatural to me that most of the plant life here is grown inside of domed buildings."

"Having seen your planet I understand how you must feel." Obi-Wan responded. "It was the opposite for me. Since my childhood was spent here on Coruscant it felt unnatural to me to see plant life growing with no boundaries. I was brought to the Temple when I was only 6 months old. I had my first visit to my home planet when I was 3. I'll never forget how frightened and fascinated I was by my family's farm."

"You come from a farming family?"

"Yes."

"On what planet?"

"A moon of Treamore. You seem astonished."

"I'm sorry I didn't mean to be rude. I some how always thought that Jedi came from ?. Well that is a Jedi's parents would also be Jedi."

"That's understandable. Someone with a high midi-clorian count can be from any where and any walk of life." Obi-Wan informed Bodar.

"It was foolish of me. I should know better. Especially with what I've learned about my wife's family the last month or so. Some preconceptions are hard to forget." Bodar shook his head. "Just when I think I have broken a mind set something comes up to show me I haven't. I look forward to meeting your parents tomorrow."

Obi-Wan shifted uncomfortably in his seat. "They wont be coming." He didn't want to talk about his family. But there was no avoiding it. Actually he was surprised the subject hadn't come up sooner. "The family I'm speaking of is my foster family. I was never told much about my biological parents. Recently I got Master Yoda to tell me both my parents were Jedi. My bio mother died not long after I was born. My father still lives, I think. Master Yoda doesn't want to tell me much. He seems to know about them.

The Jedi are truly my family. They have fed and clothed me all my life. Even for the first 6 months. Master Yoda told me my mother had provided a layette and toys for her baby. Milk from the farm livestock was all my foster parents had to provide. Some of that livestock and land had been a wedding present to my foster parents from my mother. After my mother's death my foster mother contacted Master Yoda. Letting the Jedi know she had a Force sensitive child on her hands."

"Why wont he tell you?" Not knowing your parents was sad to Bodar. Not even knowing about them was sadder.

Obi-Wan shrugged his shoulders. "All I know is my mother wanted me to be judged for my own merits. Not because I was her child. Her father was a well know knight and she found it difficult everyone knowing who's child she was."

"So she wanted to spare you that?" Bodar nodded his head in understanding.

"Yes. Only it has caused other issues for me."

"What kind of issues?" Bodar was becoming more and more curious about the man his daughter was about to marry.

"Mostly questions that are hard to express. But one major one

3. Jemmiah

Jemmiah Jedi Master star 5

Mar 5, 2000
    Nice post June! :) The background information on Obi-Wan and his family was most thought provoking, as was the way he compared his life to that of the farmers.

4. Glad is June

Mar 10, 2000
    I need to let everyone know I'm still here and there is a lot more to write on all my stories. Between Darth Real Life and other obligations I haven't had time to write.

5. Jane Jinn

Jane Jinn Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 12, 2000
    I know what you mean, Glad. Life often prevents me from reading as much as I want to as well, and I missed this last post. Interesting look at Obi-Wan's background! Personally, I'd hate it on Coruscant, too. Too many buildings -- too much city!

6. Glad is June

Mar 10, 2000
    Hi I finally have a post ready to go up. It's nice to be back.

Bodar sat intently listening to Obi-Wan's story. The race's Obi-Wan spoke of Arconan, Whiphid, Hutt and Trogoran he had never seen before coming to Coruscant. Bodar thought of himself when he was 13. He had always known his future position. Until he was in his 30's he had been under his father's tutelage. Until the last 2 or 3 years his father had been a physically strong man. But age was catching up to the older man. Unless he thought of it Bodar never thought of his father's age. But with his failing health Bodar had to face the fact that his father was 90. It didn't seem possible.

"You know I think we had better go collect my wife and your fiancée."

"Yes," Obi-Wan agreed. "If we don't they may buy out all the venders."

The garden was a couple of hours from the Temple. The 4 had taken their time enjoying the fauna and learning about each other. As usual El'leat fell asleep the moment she sat down on the transport. When they got back to the Temple, Jay and Simeon were waiting for Obi-Wan.

"Well, it's about time you got here." Simeon stated.

"Hello to you too." Obi-Wan responded.

Simeon and Jay stood up and went to the door.

"Come on, Obi lets go." Jay motioned with his hand for Obi-Wan to hurry. "The others are waiting for us."

"What others?"

"You know your friends. They're waiting at Rela's place for us to bring you to the party."

"Party?"

"Bachelor Party." Simeon clarified.

"Look I told you I didn't want a party."

"Obi your the first one of us to get married. We need to make your last night as a free man memorable." Jay coaxed. "We've been planing this for a month."

"Simeon you should understand I don't want to do anything without Tai'hal."

"Ben, you can go with your friends. I wont mind. Besides once the sun goes down we can't see each other anyway."

"Tai, what do you mean, we can't see each other?"

"It's a tradition on Pira'a. It's said to be bad luck for a couple to see each other after sundown. We aren't suppose to see each other until the wedding." Tai'hal sighed and looked down. "Though I suppose I'm not really bound by that tradition anymore."

Obi-Wan saw tears glistening in Tai'hal's eyes. He placed a hand under her chin and raised her head to look at him.

"But you want to follow it, don't you?"

"Yes." Tai'hal blinked back tears. "It's a silly tradition but, I would."

"If it will make you happy then I'll follow it too. It will seem like years before I see you tomorrow." Obi-Wan pulled Tai'hal into his arms. "I'll miss you." He said just before he kissed her.

They stood a few moments arms wrapped around each other. Tai'hal's head rested comfortably on Obi-Wan's shoulder.

"Are you two finished saying good-bye, yet?" Jay interrupted their thoughts.

"Jay," Simeon chided his friend. "Give them a little more time sundown is only a few minuets away. We have the whole night ahead of us."

"You, two go on to the party you've planed. I'm sure you don't really need me there."

"No, Ben you go with them." Tai'hal gave Obi-Wan a reassuring smile "Have fun with your friends. It will make the time go faster for you."

"It doesn't seem right for me to go out and you stay home. Or wont you miss me?" Obi-Wan teased Tai'hal.

"I've a zillion things to do before tomorrow. The time will fly by for me. I'll be too busy to miss you." Tai'hal said with a straight face. Obi-Wan thought she was serious. At the hurt look on his face Tai'hal took his face in her hands. "I was just teasing. This will be a long night for me too. It will be an eternity before I see you again."

Obi-Wan smiled back at her. I guess I'm still having trouble believing you want to be with me as much as I want to be with you. What will you do to make the time go faster?"

"She's going to be having fun with her friends." They all turned to see Rela standing in the doorway.

" Hello, Gorgeous." Simeon

7. Glad is June

Mar 10, 2000
  8. Jane Jinn

Jan 12, 2000
    I don't really like Jay or Simeon, so I'm completely agreed with Tai'hal that kissing Jay is what the loser of the competition should get!

Very wise of Qui-Gon to leave the decision to Obi-Wan, but to remind him that you reap what you sow.

9. Healer_Leona

Healer_Leona Squirrel Wrangler of Fun & Games star 9 Staff Member Manager

Jul 7, 2000
    Delurking here....

I should not drink coffee in front of the computer "Sounds like what the loser should get." Tai'hal said. Tai'hal, as Rela told you about Jay's ego you are so very right there!!!

Though I love both Jay and especially Simeon!! [face_love] [face_love]

10. Glad is June

Mar 10, 2000
    Tai'hal's group met Dimallie at the door of her and Leona's apartment.

"I'm sorry I'm so late. Right before I was off duty we had about a dozen younglings come in carrying an unconscious Master Yoda." Dimallie said as they entered the apartment.

"Master Yoda was hurt? The master who always has complete control of the Force and the children he is instructing." Leona questioned. "This we I have to hear."

When those who knew Master Yoda well laughed at Leona's remark Bodar had to ask. "I take it there is a long story behind that remark?"

"Yes and it involves Obi-Wan as a toddler." Leona responded. "Qui-Gon and I can tell you about it over dinner. But these young ladies have to get ready to go out. So, Dimallie, tell us why the children had to bring Master Yoda to the infirmary."

"There's not a lot to tell yet. It's hard to sort out what 12 or so 4 year olds are saying. When I left Master Yoda was still unconscious. But An-Paj assured the children he would be fine. Adults who had seen them on the way to the Infirmary had offered to help but they wouldn't let anyone help them."

" So what happened?" El'leat inquired.

"They were doing the Tower lesson." Dimallie stopped. "I guess I'd better explain that. The Tower lesson involves building a tower out of blocks. It can be any shape or size. The children are encouraged to seek the Force on the shape of their tower. There are 2 kinds of block to use. The dark ones are very light and easy to lift. The light ones have a power source in them and they actually light up. They look very pretty but are very heavy to lift. The children have 3 days to build their towers. At the end of 3 days a master uses the Force to create a wind that blows the dark light weight blocks away. If they haven't used enough of the lit heavier blocks the towers fall completely down. It's an object lesson about how the dark side is easier but not as beautiful or strong as the light side of the Force. Seems the children thought Master Yoda would be hurt by the falling blocks. They rushed into save him. They not only knocked him down but all the lit blocks too. He managed to push the heavy blocks away from them. But he was off balance and fell back and hit his head on a block that was on the floor. I don't know why he didn't sense that block on the floor."

"Could be," Qui-Gon suggested. "He had to make a choice between keeping his balance and protecting the children."

"Yes, I never thought of that in the chaos of panicking children. An-Paj never suggested it. He's using the whole incident to keep Master Yoda in the infirmary for a complete physical."

"I know my former master will love that." Qui-Gon chuckled.

"I wish I could have been there to see it." Rela glanced at her time piece. " Dimallie, Tai, hurry up and get ready. Mus can get pretty grumpy when she has to wait very long."

Dimallie and Tai rushed off to Dimallie's room. Qui-Gon started to lean down to say something to Rela. He pulled back quickly and Rela grabbed her head. "Sith! My hair band broke. Did it get you Quinn?"

"No but almost." Qui-Gon held the hair band dangling between his fingers. "This could put your eye out." He teased Rela.

"Sometimes it's good to have Jedi reflexes." Rela teased back. "I'll go see if Dimallie has something I can use."

"No, wait Dear." El'leat said pulling a small package from her purse. "Leona may we use the mirror in your room?" Leona nodded. "I take it with that mane of hair you carry a brush with you."

"Yes I'd be lost without it." Rela said handing it over to El'leat.

El'leat deftly and gently brushed threw Rela's curls. "You have beautiful hair, my Dear. The color is unique."

"I hated for years but I think I have come to accept now. Simeon likes it."

"As you grow older you will be thankful for the fullness and the curls." El'leat opened the small box. Inside was a silver colored barrette with clear and green stones. "Do you like it?"

"Yes, it's wonderful." Rela looked up at El'leat. "Y

11. Jane Jinn

Jan 12, 2000
    Aww, how sweet. Loved the way El'leat explained everything. And you don't have to write every detail. Showing the consequences and just hinting will be enough.

12. Glad is June

Mar 10, 2000
    I just wanted to let people know I'm still around and want to post more regularly. But I've been very busy with Real Life. Hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving.

13. Glad is June

Mar 10, 2000
    Finaly another post sorry it's been so long and now I'm rushing so I can leave for work.

___________________________________________QuQui-Gon knew when Obi-Wan came in. There was a bump and a "Sith!" Followed by a few more of Jemmy's favorite words slurred. Finally Qui-Gon heard the door to Obi-Wan's room open and close. He knew the young man was asleep before he hit the bed. Qui-Gon also didn't have to even open his eyes to know the sun was just starting to rise. Qui-Gon did a mental shake of his head and rolled over to get a little more truly restful sleep. Qui-Gon knew in his head Obi-Wan was an adult and quite capable of taking care of himself. But he still worried when the young man was out late. Even though he wasn't on a mission Qui-Gon tended to sleep on alert mode until Obi-Wan came in the door.

Qui-Gon was up. He had meditated a few minutes and did a morning katra. Then he had a light breakfast and showered. He knocked on Obi-Wan's door before he went to dress.

"Obi-Wan. I'm done in the refresher. It's all yours."

Nothing.

"Obi-Wan?"

Nothing.

"Obi-Wan."

Nothing. Qui-Gon opened the door. A lump that reminded Qui-Gon of a cocoon lay diagonally in Obi-Wan's bed. The only way Qui-Gon had any idea of which end was the top and which was the bottom was it moved a little and a booted foot stuck out of the coverlet. Evidently the young man hadn't bothered to undress. Qui-Gon hit the control panel by the door. Pressing the blind button, even he had to blink as the bright sunlight filled the room. The people who controlled the weather had scheduled a sunny day for this part of the planet today.

"Obi-Wan." Qui-Gon said more loudly and firmly. "It's time to get up."

Finally a response. A very muffled moan.

"Obi-Wan! It's time to get up!"

A little louder moan.

"Very well, I will contact Tai'hal and tell her you are too hung over to get married today."

A few seconds passed. The cocoon opened a little to let the light in, it quickly closed. Instead of a moan, "Married?" came from the cocoon. "Married!" The head of the cocoon rose quickly and just as quickly dropped back down again with a moan. What else.

"I believe that was on the agenda for today." Qui-Gon teased his padawan. "Of course, if you are too ill we could postpone it for a month or 2 I suppose."

The still wrapped cocoon managed to sit up. "NO!" Another moan and it appeared to grab it's head inside it's wrapping. "No Master." Came a whisper. "I want to get married today."

"Then I suggest you take a shower. Given a choice I think Tai would prefer the smell of a nerf herder at the end of a drive to you."

A sniff. "I think you are right, Master."

"After your shower you'd better throw all this bedding in the laundry."

"Yes, Master." The cocoon still sat on the bed.

"Obi-Wan, can you get to the refresher on your own? Or do I need to carry you there and throw YOU in the shower? A very cold shower."

The threat caused the cocoon to rise slowly and get on it's still booted feet. It swayed a little but managed to head in Qui-Gon's direction. Qui-Gon directed the cocoon through the door and headed in the direction of the refresher. The cocoon made it to the refresher bouncing from hall wall to hall wall.

"It's a good thing the hall is short and narrow. If it wasn't you would have bruised shoulders to go with your hangover, Padawan."

"That's what the comforter is for." Mumbled the cocoon. "Padding."

Well the bridegroom was up. Qui-Gon wondered how Tai'hal was fairing this morning.

14. Jane Jinn

Jan 12, 2000
    I should think Tai'hal's feeling much better than Obi-Wan this morning!

Loved the idea of using a comforter for padding.

15. R U Sidious

R U Sidious Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 17, 1999
    Author, Author!

16. Glad is June

Mar 10, 2000
    Thank you Jane and Snookums. Now more of the morning after.

Tai"hal was feeling fine. It was Dimallie who lay moaning in her bed.

"Can't you do anything to help her, Leona?"

"Don't worry, Tai, I am not An-Paj. I will not let her suffer the consequences of her actions without helping her. First I want to get her blood work back from the Lab. That way I will know what will work best."

"Would Master An-Paj do that?" Tai'hal asked with a look of shock on her face. "Not help someone who is hurting?"

"If the matter were life threatening or cause permanent injury, no. He would hurry to aid the person. But I'm afraid my colleague is of the school that experience is the best teacher. If this is what I think it is even without help Dimallie will be fine in a day or 2. Though no matter what I do there will be at least one side effect. That I can do nothing about. She will have to live with it for the next few months."

Dimallie moaned.

"But she was only helping me." Tai'hal pleaded for her friend. "Drinking some of my drinks so I wouldn't look like I was being rude. Oh, Dimallie I'm so sorry."

"Well perhaps this will teach my padawan not to drink drinks intended for someone else."

"Never again, Master, never again. I don't think I will ever drink alcohol again." Came Dimallie's whispered promise from under her covers.

Leona shook her head. "Dimallie, I wish that were true. But I will only hold you to the first part. Of not drinking drinks intended for someone else. But if you keep the latter as well you will save me a great many wrinkles, gray hairs and sleepless nights. There's the console. I hope it's the lab." Leona left the 2 younger women alone.

"Really, Dimallie, I'm so sorry to put you through this." Tai told her friend as she laid another cool cloth on her forehead.

"I told you it's all right. I don't hold how sick I feel against you. A lot of it was my own stupidity. I should have known they would try something."

But if I had just drank the ?? Well I've never been a big drinker. I like a good wine with a meal. Those drinks they were pushing at me tasted like manure."

Dimallie couldn't help but chuckle a little. It was a couple of minutes before the pain in her head subsided so she could speak. "That's a polite way to express it. Most people I know, including myself, would have used much stronger words. The drinks tasted great to me. I wish they had tasted bad maybe I wouldn't have drank so many of them. Let's face it I was only thinking of getting some cheep drinks since we were all dividing the cost of your drinks between us. I'm sorry I'm going to look so awful at your wedding. Are you sure you still want me to stand up with you? Maybe you should ask someone else? Like Rela."

"No I want you if your well enough. I know the others really didn't mean any harm. Most of the night was fun even if it was a little embarrassing for me at times. The only thing that has made me feel more at home has been you and Leona taking me in. Rela sure came through, didn't she? Wasn't she great?"

"Tai?" Dimallie inquired quietly. "Did I do anything really stupid last night?"

Tai's eyebrows almost hit the ceiling. "You don't remember any of it?"

"After the first couple of hours or so it's pretty blurry. So did I do anything really stupid?"

"Well that depends?"

"On what?"

"On what you would call really stupid."

Dimallie opened her eyes a little to look a Tai'hal. "Tell me what I did."

"Do you remember an old fashioned lighting fixture? A suspended one made from an old sailing ship's wheel?"

"Yes."

"None of us realized how much you had to drink until you jumped up on the table pointed at the ceiling and yelled "There be mynocks here." Then you leaped up on he lighting fixture, hung upside down, ignited your lightsaber and yelled, "To Arms! To Arms! The mynocks are coming! The mynocks are coming!"

Dimallie moaned.

"The rest of us looked at each other and said to

17. Jane Jinn

Jan 12, 2000
    One side effect for the next two months? What's that?

I really hate the thought of people getting so drunk that they're no longer in control of their actions, and can't even remember it the next day. Oh, well, at least that part is over now. Maybe after they're married, Tai'hal can help Obi-Wan deal with his ghosts.

18. Glad is June

Mar 10, 2000
    Has it really been so long since I posted on this I know it's been even longer since I posted on my other stories. It's taken me at month to get this written because of lack of time. Hope you enjoy.

Leona was just about to go back to Dimallie. She sensed several people at the door.

"Good morning ladies." She said coldly. "That is what you are suppose to be isn't it Ladies, loyal friends, women of great compassion for an outsider? Honorable women trained in diplomacy so as not to offend any being from the smallest of planets?"

All looked down. The one who had obviously been elected to be spokesperson was nudged by the others. "We are truly sorry Master P'lila . We have come to apologize and seek forgiveness for our actions from you, Dimallie and Tai'hal."

"And what about Rela?"

"We've already spoken to her. She said if you forgive us she would too."

"Very well I will follow Rela's lead. If Tai'hal and Dimallie forgive and forget your actions I will too. You must speak to them first."

The spokesperson was nudged again. "Ask her." Was whispered.

Before anything more could be said Tai'hal came out of the bedroom and saw the contrite guests. The guests also had a somewhat surprised look on their faces at Tai'hal's clear eyed appearance.

The spokes person cleared her throat. "Tai'hal, may we please speak with you?"

"Yes, you may." Tai'hal answered very formally. "But let's go out into the hall and give Dimallie some quiet."

"Wait a minute." Leona stopped them. "I think you should know. That what you spiked Tai'hal's drinks with had no effect on her."

At that revelation there was a joint "Oh." from the group of young women.

"Her body doesn't absorb it." Leona explained. "It just passes right through. At least I think that's what happened. Tai was your urine on the green side this morning?"

Tai'hal nodded her head. "Yes. But just a little. I knew you were concerned with Dimallie and didn't want to say ask you about it. Then with Dimallie sick I forgot about it. I have been eating so many new foods I thought it was something I ate."

"It was something you drank not something you ate." Leona explained. "Go on outside. I've got to go see to Dimallie. You "Ladies" may speak with Dimallie in a few hours at the wedding."

"So she is going to be OK for today?"

"Yes she wont feel great but she will be able to stand up with Tai'hal and Obi-Wan." Leona assured them. A sigh of relief came from the group. "I want all of you to promise you wont let her drink anything but fruit juice."

"Yes, Master P'lila!" Came the joint response from the group.

"No! Additives!"

"Yes, Master P'lila!

Before Leona could go back to Dimallie the console signaled again. "Now what? An-Paj better not be trying to call me in. He promised me the whole day off."

"Good morning beautiful." Qui-Gon greeted Leona.

"Oh such flattery in the morning." On closer look Leona saw Qui-Gon was calling from the infirmary. "What's wrong? Does Obi-Wan need me."

"No. An-Paj is seeing to his favorite patient. Is Tai'hal ill?"

"No. Tai'hal is fine. It's Dimallie who's sick. What's An-Paj doing to Obi-Wan?"

"At the moment pumping his stomach."

"Oh no, why? Wait a minute. Sandolamide ?"

"Yes. How'd you know?"

"I got a call around 2 this morning to come get Dimallie. She was flying like the mynocks she was seeing. I'll explain that later. I took her to the infirmary right away. She looked a little green. I had no idea what she had been drinking. It was easy to tell it had been a lot. As a precaution I did a stomach pump. She slept a few hours and now has quite a hangover. I just got her blood work that confirmed it was Sandolamide."

"It's 9:00 now. Rather slow letting you know, weren't they? "

"Yes I'm going to file a complaint about it. Poor Obi-Wan how is he?"

"To say the least he is green. Not only that they also slipped him some Alderannian Ale so he has a red rash

19. Jane Jinn

Jan 12, 2000
    Tell me about being busy! But I have the feeling my life is not as busy as yours. Keep plugging away, though, that's all we can do.

Oh, dear, Sandolamide. What else can go wrong?

I really liked this rebuke from Healer Leona! "That is what you are suppose to be isn't it Ladies, loyal friends, women of great compassion for an outsider? Honorable women trained in diplomacy so as not to offend any being from the smallest of planets?" Cold, disapproving, and calculated to bring the maximum amount of guilt to the fore.

20. Glad is June

Mar 10, 2000
    Leona waited until Tai'hal and the pranksters came back in. "Tai, I need to speak with you. Alone. The pranksters were all curious and used the Force to listen. They heard, "Obi-Wan is in the Infirmary. It's not serious but he wants to postpone the wedding."

The young women collectively held their breath. Obi-Wan wanted to postpone the wedding. They didn't have to be Force sensitive to sense Tai'hal's emotions. First there was concern then a hot flash. The next thing they knew Tai'hal was out the door leaving everyone stunned. She hadn't waited for Leona to explain.

For a few seconds everyone except Tai'hal froze and stared at each other. Someone said, "Come on. This we have to see. Or at least hear." Then they were running down the hall.

As Leona went to take care of Dimallie, she thought, ~ "Good for you Tai. Let him have it with both barrels." She added a quick prayer though. "Please don't let their pride and Young Ben's foolish actions come between them."

"She's got a head start on us." Said one runner.

"Yes, but, we can use Force speed." Another pointed out.

"I know a couple of short cuts." A fourth offered. "Obi-Wan showed me this years ago. There's a vent that goes strait to the main computer room that controls the environmental systems. It's the one he and Qui-Gon used when Xanatos tried to blow up the Temple. From there we can access another vent that will put us right outside the Infirmary." The speaker stopped. She pushed a panel that slid open and revealed the vent. "Get ready for the ride of your life. Or should I say slide. Stay close and follow me down the tubes. Don't veer off."

One after another they all jumped in. The last shut the vent behind them. It was quite a ride. Their arrival in the environmental control room would have brought a stern rebuke from the master in charge. But the one leading the way bowed and hurried to the next vent as another explained. Fortunately the same master Miro Daroon was still in charge.

He frowned. "I should report all of you to your masters. But considering the circumstances I agree with you." The frown was replaced with a smile. "This I have to see."

Much to the young ladies' surprise he left his apprentice in charge of the room and followed. The tube ended at a large intersection of tubes. The vent outside the infirmary was a couple of feet away.

"Wait. This way." The master directed them in a whisper. "I know where we can get a front row seat. Quiet now." He led the way down a vent.

When the technician in the Observation room heard the sound of the vent opening she jumped.

"I wish you wouldn't do that." She scolded jokingly. "One of these days Master Yoda is going to catch you. Or worse yet An-Paj. Besides don't you think you're a little old to be playing vent crawled?"

"Not as long as I can still surprise you, Dinah my love." He replied with a laugh as he jumped lightly to the floor. "Besides I am not alone." At the look amazed look on Dinah's face Miro's smile got bigger if that was possible.

Dinah sat down. "After all these years you still astonish me. Tell how did you acquired a harem of followers since breakfast?"

"Actually they acquired me. Can you look into any room of the infirmary here?"

"Almost. Why?"

"Pull up Obi-Wan Kenobi's room."

"You know this system isn't here for you to spy on someone. It's here to observe padawans studying to be healers."

"My harem says all Sith is about to break loose in Obi-Wan's room any minute."

The harem gave Dinah a quick explanation as to why all Sith was about to break loose.

"Humm?. Well in that case." Dinah pressed a few buttons and Obi-Wan's room came up on several screens.

21. Jane Jinn

Jan 12, 2000
    Hmm, sounds like the Jedi Temple is going down the tubes -- or at least a few apprentices. How convenient that they could find not only a place to eavesdrop, but two willing helpers as well!

Poor Obi-Wan; suffering from both that drug and the rash. All he needs now is a certain kitchen appliance, then it would be like that joke: What's red and green and goes 500 km an hour? Obi-Wan in a blender.

*clears throat* Yes. Well. As I was saying, poor Tai'hal.

22. juwannajedi

juwannajedi Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 23, 2000
    heh! poor obi... he's doooooommmmmmed!

23. Glad is June

Mar 10, 2000
    Just so no one gets confused The Storm is Tai'hal and The Cocoon is Obi-Wan.

At the sound of a moan from Obi-Wan, Qui-Gon looked over at the bed. Once more the apprentice reminded his master of a cocoon. Qui-Gon shook his head and looked out the window again.

"Just say it." The Cocoon rasped. His throat sore from the stomach pump tube.

"What?"

The Cocoon sighed. He tried to think of the fewest words. "Stupid I was."

"That's true. And vain you are." Qui-Gon replied. "Calling the wedding off-"

"Is my choice."

"Your choice alone is not." Yoda said entering the room. "Saw before I did this mistake by another made. Big mistake it was. Happen again want to see I do not." Yoda hobbled over next to Qui-Gon. "Running away answer was not."

Qui-Gon was puzzled by the remark. Yoda gave Qui-Gon a meaningful look.

The Cocoon peeped out from the blankets a little. Yoda and Qui-Gon were staring at each other. What ever their thoughts they weren't sharing them with him.

It finally hit Qui-Gon, Yoda was speaking of Estarree. Obi-Wan's mother, a lost love to Qui-Gon and Yoda's first Padawan. None of which Obi-Wan knew. "I wasn't the one who ran, Master."

Yoda hopped up on a chair. He closed his eyes and seemed to be lost in thought. Yoda suddenly looked very old to Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan. Obi-Wan had seen them exchange thoughts before. But this was much more intense than he had ever seen.

Yoda broke the silence. "No, run you did not."

They both looked out the window for a couple of minutes. Then back at each other. Then at the Cocoon in the bed. Then at each other again. They burst out laughing.

"Have him, run he can not." Qui-Gon and Yoda said at the same time.

The Cocoon couldn't stand it any longer. "What are you 2 talking a-?"

It was then they felt what every Force sensitive being along the way had been feeling since Tai'hal 'stormed' out of Leona's apartment.

"Humm" Yoda said. "I feel a disturbance in the Force."

"I feel it also Master." Agreed Qui-Gon. "Don't you feel a 'Storm' approaching, Padawan?"

Obi-Wan swallowed the lump in his sore throat. "Yes, Master."

All 3 were looking at the door as 'The Storm' entered. " I would like to speak to my fiancé alone please." Tai'hal stated tersely.

"Agree I do." Yoda said hopping from his perch. "Come along Padawan."

Qui-Gon followed as he passed Tai'hal he whispered to her, "He knows I hate it when he calls me that." To Obi-Wan he said. "You're on your own, Son."

Tai'hal waited until the door closed. But some how all over the Temple public view screens were showing Obi-Wan's infirmary room.

'The Storm' said nothing for a few minutes. The only movement in the room was Obi-Wan scratching in his cocoon. The only sound in the room was the tapping of Tai'hal's foot. Finally 'The Storm' asked. "Well?"

"Well, what?" The Cocoon inquired.

"Ohhh? " The Storm roared, then rumbled on. "You are so infuriating. What do you mean you want to postpone our wedding? My parents may not be the most powerful people in the Galaxy. But they do have responsibilities. They can't just leave Pira'a any time. They made the time to come to my - to our wedding, at your request I believe."

"Well, actually it was at Qui-Gon's request."

"Arrrggg!" Lightning flashed in the eyes of The Storm. "Obi-Wan Kenobi I wont play games." Tai'hal almost said ~ like you've been playing with Jemmy. ~ But she held her tongue. "First it was I don't want to marry you. You're not the girl in my dream. Then I want to marry. You are the girl in my dream. Then I don't want to marry you. I want to marry you. I don't want to marry you. What are you doing picking the peddles off of a dai-wat each morning to decide if you want to marry me that day or not? If you don't marry me today you can forget our getting married at all."

"Tai I do want to marry you. I haven't been changing my mind everyday. I'm not playing games with you."

"Humph! So you do

24. Glad is June

Mar 10, 2000
    up since you didn't show up on the first page

25. Glad is June

Mar 10, 2000
    Ok let's try this one more tme and see if you show up on the first pg.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.