main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Is This All There Is To Love? or I Love You But ... ( An Obi and Jemmy Story)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by Glad is June, Feb 21, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jemmiah

Jemmiah Jedi Master star 5

Mar 5, 2000
    You'd better give your reasons, Obi-Wan! Something tells me that Tai is an understanding person...maybe she won't kick your rear to Corellia and back! :D And as for Jemmy meeting Tai, something tells me that might not go as pleasantly as all might hope for! :)

Nice to see this story up top again June! :)

2. Glad is June

Glad is June Jedi Master star 4

Mar 10, 2000
    Thanks Jem. Since I posted at an unusual time for me I'm uping this.

3. Glad is June

Mar 10, 2000
    "What about it being bad luck to see each other before the wedding?"

Tia'hal shrugged her shoulders. "I don't believed in it. I just wanted to observe a custom from home. Besides we've already broken it by speaking to each other."

A sigh of relief came from the cocoon looking lump under the covers on the bed. "Well, this is why we can't get married today." There was movement and an arm emerged from the cocoon. A very green arm with red speckles on it.

Tai stared for a moment. Then Obi-Wan heard a strange sound. Sort of like choking and spitting together. Obi-Wan pealed his cocoon away from his eyes. Tai'hal still sat in the chair. One hand held on to an arm to keep her form falling off. The other was over her mouth. Her face was bright red. She was trying desperately to stifle laughter. A feat she was NOT succeeding at.

Obi-Wan stuck his head out completely and frowned. "It's not that funny."

Tai'hal stopped trying to control her laughter. "Yes it is." She laughed now holding her sides. "You look like Master Yoda with at case of the measles."

"I do not."

"You do too."

"Well, you see now. We can't get married today. Unless you want to spend our entire honeymoon here in the infirmary. An-Paj said I will need to get allergen shots for a week."

"Just why would we have to do that. After all I am being trained to be a healer. I know how to give shots. From the way you are scratching I can tell the rash is itchy. I can also put ointment on all the places you can't reach." Tai'hal got a very suggestive smile on her face and came closer to Obi-Wan. "And some you can."

Obi-Wan's eyes got very big as he picked up Tai'hal's meaning. He sat us quickly to pull her into his arms. Unfortunately for Obi-Wan all of the effects of his drinking hadn't worn off yet. So he wound up grabbing his head and moaning.

"Oh! My poor Ben." Tai'hal sat on the bed and wrapped her arms around Obi-Wan. "I didn't think about you having a headache like Dimallie."

"It's all right. I did it to myself."

"Hum, with a little help from your friends, I believe."

"It doesn't hurt so much with you holding me." Obi-Wan removed his hands from his head and put them on Tai'hal's shoulders. "I bet a kiss would make it hurt even less."

As the two leaned into kiss all the screens that had been showing Obi-Wan's room went blank or to what they had been showing. First there was a communal sigh of disappointment. Then all over the Temple discussions began about Tia'hal and Obi-Wan. All who knew Obi-Wan agreed Tai'hal was just the person he needed in his life.

"Uhggg." Tai'hal pulled back. "Sorry, no kiss until you brush your teeth. Wait a minute. Lay back down."

"Why?"

"Didn't I heal your leg and back on Pira'a? I think I can help your head feel better too."

"Hey, while your at it can you work on the rash too. I'd really rather not have to take those shots."

"Don't you trust me with a needle?"

"You I trust. Needles I don't."

Tai'hal laughed. "I suppose you want me to get rid of the becoming green color too?"

"If you can."

"Don't want much do you? Now be quiet so I can focus."

4. Jane Jinn

Jane Jinn Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 12, 2000
    I agree. Tai'hal is just the person that Obi-Wan needs in his life.

5. Glad is June

Mar 10, 2000
    Qui-Gon and An-Pag came in while Tai'hal was healing Obi-Wan. She was so focused she didn't hear them. An-Pag noticed the girl had a slight glow to her. He watched in fascination.

There was only one Jedi Healer here at the Temple who manifested such a power. He would glow with a bright white light when using the Force to heal. He was about the same height as Master Yoda and much older. The master healer had actually fought in the Sith wars. Afterward he had put his lightsaber down.

"I have seen too much death. I wish never to pick any kind of sword again."

He then a 1000 years ago had dedicated himself to the Healing Arts. As a boy An-Pag had heard he was Master Yoda's father. Though no one spoke of such a connection officially. An-Pag doubted the connection anyway. But little was known about Jedi Master Frodo Baggins of the Gray Havens. No one knew his age.

Like this young woman Master Baggins had learned much about healing outside of the Temple. Long before the Sith wars the Gray Havens were renowned for the Healing Arts. Before there was a Jedi Temple on Coruscant it was where the Jedi went to learn. Master Baggins excelled in his training. Just as Tia'hal was excelling now. In only one month of formal training An-Pag knew Tai'hal was at Simeon or Bant's level. Clearly ready for residency.

On the first day of her training An-Pag had asked the girl. "Why do you want to be a healer? It is not an easy profession. Here at the Temple and in Courscant we treat Kings as well as what some call the scum of the Galaxy. I believe you are from a Noble family on your planet. It is hardly the kind of work most of the Galaxy would consider appropriate for a Gentlewoman."

Tai'hal had just arrived. Everything was knew to her. Even though the Jedi had welcomed her most were very reserved toward her. She was just as much a Stranger here as on Pira'a. This important healer with blue skin and white hair frightened and confused her. She wondered if she would ever get used to seeing so many different races in one place. An-Pag had told her to come today. Looking at him, Tai'hal, realized this was a test. How she answered his question would determine her future.

"I don't think I have ever been typical of the Gentlewomen of my planet. I learned all the things girls are expected to know. My father was disappointed at not having any sons. Yet I think he has always been proud of his daughters' minds. We all have a hunger for learning. Something I think we got from him. My mother encouraged us to follow our interest.

I as a child would tend every wounded animal on our property. As I grew older I became more and more interested in people and the injuries and illnesses that beset them. I pummeled the midwives in my father's service with questions. One older woman said something to my father. She thought my questions were inappropriate for a Gentlewoman to be asking. I truly expected my father to order me to stop and leave the midwives alone. That I had no reason to know the things I was asking about. Instead he arranged for me to have access to our family doctor's library.

In private the doctor supervised what I read. Not long ago he told me if I had been male he would have written a letter of recommendation for me to take the entrance exam to a medical college. But because I was a Gentlewoman he couldn't even recommend me to take the Midwife exam. The next thing I knew he was giving me the test. Just so I would know I could pass it. I couldn't believe how easy the Midwife exam was. Then out of curiosity, he said, he had me take the college entrance exams he had taken. I passed them too.

So you see, Sir, I have the head knowledge even if I don't have all the practical experience I need. There is much I need and want to learn about using the Force to heal. As far as my seeing things that are not pleasant. I grew up in a farming community. In such a place medical assistance is not as available as what you have here on Courscant. I have seen animals an

6. Glad is June

Mar 10, 2000
    I've got bad news. I'm having problems with carpal tunnel in both hands. So I can't type much. I've been off work for a month now waiting to get surgery approved through workman's comp. So when I do type it's peck a few words and then I have to stop. I do have some done on another story. That's taken me all this time to do.

7. Glad is June

Mar 10, 2000
    Hi If you haven't seen my other stories my surgeries have been approved. I have the first one in about a week.

8. Glad is June

Mar 10, 2000
    I had my second surgery a little over a week ago. So it's been 4 weeks since my first and I can use my right hand fairly well. Though it is still tender. I finaly have gotten back to this story.

Tia'hal was dreaming. She wandered around the Nursery in her parents house. She felt save and happy here. In some ways she wanted to stay here and not wake up. She saw 2 little girls asleep in her bed. It was a special day. The sky had been light a long time. But both little girls had been up very late the night before. Mother and Father promised there would be a new baby this morning. Tai'hal listened to the gentle breathing of the children.

The room was as she remembered it. A fairy tale room for 2 little princesses. Woodland creatures carried the alphabet around the room. Magical winged beings carried numbers. A play house in the corner. A table by the window set for tea. Toys and books on shelves. A wren perched on the windowsill and sang. "Quiet little bird." Tai'hal whispered. "Wait for Father he will be here soon. We were so excited last night. Father had to threaten us with a spanking if we didn't stay in bed."

"Weren't you tired?" The Wren asked.

Tai'hal accepted the Wren being able to speak as no different than it's singing.

"Oh yes, but Par'wat was coming. I got to name her you know."

"Yes. Do you remember what you said when he woke you?"

"Of course. First I asked if the new baby was here. Then I asked him who the lady was watching Reni and I sleep."

Just then Bodar came into the Nursery. "Tai'hal, Ren'hal time to wake up."

The older little girl stretched but didn't quite wake up.

"Tai'hal, Tai'hal time to wake up." Bodar took her hand.

Tai'hal stretched with her eyes closed. She looked around the Nursery once more. "Good morning Father. Is the new baby here?"

"New baby? There had best be no new babies here for at least 9 months. Besides that it is after noon."

Tai'hal rubbed her eyes. "Father, I was dreaming about Par'wat being born. I think that was about the happiest day of my life."

Bodar laughed a little. "What about the Ren'hal was born?"

"That was a happy day too. I was only 2. I'm not sure how much of it I remember and how much I was told about it." Tai'hal smiled at her father. "With you and Mother here this is the happiest day of my life." For the first time Tai'hal realized she was lying on Leona's bed. She sat up. "What am I doing here? Where's Ben? Mother? Is she all right?"

"Yes. Yes. Everything is fine. Ben is back at his apartment with Master Jinn. Your mother is with Leona. They went to see that everything is ready for the wedding. I don't know how it is you can use this Force to heal people but it seems to leave you very week. Healer An-Paj told us you collapsed in a chair when you had finished? What did he call it?"

"Directing the Force."

"Yes that's it. He said we should let you sleep to regain your strength. So we brought you back here. I have been waiting for you to wake up."

"This whole time you've been watching me sleep?"

"Yes."

"Why? I mean if Master An-Paj said all I needed was sleep, why did you stay"

"Even with a healers assurance I have to admit I was worried about you. I wanted to stay. Do you mind?"

"No, Father. It was nice to wake up with you near. My dream reminded me of how you always woke me up in the mornings." Tai'hal hesitated. "Father can I ask you something?"

"Before you were banished you never asked to ask. Now you feel you need too. I'm sorry you feel that way. What is your question child?"

"Until we were old enough to wake ourselves you always woke us. Not Mother. When I was older and sometimes stayed with friends a servant would wake us. Why did you do that? Come yourself to wake us. I mean I can't see Nurno taking the time to wake his children."

"I suppose it is because my own father used to take the time for Danny and I. When your sisters were very small your m

9. Glad is June

Mar 10, 2000
    Dozens of lavender scented candles gave the bath a relaxing glow. Expensive towels were draped over a heated towel rack that looked more like a sculpture than a practical amenity. Soft music played. On the edge of the tub sat Champagne in a cooler sleeve that kept it the perfect temperature for drinking. Whirlpool jets engaged at the wave of a hand. Stirring to life the bubble bath already in the steaming water. Bubbles rose to the very edge of the tub. Everything was perfect. A plush robe dropped to the floor. A woman stepped into the bubble filled tub. She leaned back into the massaging jets. She poured herself some champagne. She took a large "sip" of the wonderful liquid. It was good to be home. In her own home. In her own bath. She intended to soak for a couple of hours.

"Mummm....I should have got out 2 bottles." Jemmy said aloud to herself. "Maybe I?ll give Rela a call." She thought a moment. "No I?ll just go by the cantina after I get out. It?s early still I have lots of time. No one knows I?m home yet. I think I?ll keep it that way for awhile." Jemmy "sipped" on a couple of more glasses of the bubbly liquid. "Activate diary recording device. Well Diary I?m home 2 days early. Racing on the Circuit, press conferences and endorsement promotions have left me with no time to write in you. Ben E. Factor likes to get his money?s worth from the Racers he sponsors. I found this recording device with my held mail when I got home. It?s from Hmiol. He dropped it off the day after I left for the Circuit. The message he left said he was leaving on a mission. I wonder if he?s back yet. This looks like it?s working fine. That shouldn?t surprise me. Hmiol and recording devices are a match made in Heaven. Now to bring you up to date.

I?m having a great year on the track. I?ve won every race this season so far. Broke lots of track records. I?ve got the stats somewhere. Remind me to add them later. I don?t know why but it seems important to me. It just is. Jonas has been rooting me on all season. Until a week ago that is. He had to go home. Some business he had to take care of. He didn?t tell me what. But that?s OK. He does his thing. I do mine. No strings. Except he, Jonas, in a round about way is the reason I?m home early. Not at some press conference, on some planet, that I can?t remember the name of.

I hadn?t realized how much I missed Coruscant and my friends here. Not until Jonas was gone. 4 days ago I walked into the garage to prep my swoop. There was a little girl standing near it. She wasn?t doing anything just looking at it with big copper eyes, twirling her hair around a finger.

I yelled. "Get away from my bike!"

The child froze terrified of me. Me of all people. I mean I?m know I?m not good with kids. Except for signing autographs I?d rather not know they exist. But I don?t think I have ever froze a child in terror before. Her mother came over.

"Come along Emma. You be recolecting what you was told. You have to huddle up next to me. Don?t be wanderen off none." The mother looked at me. "I?m powerful sorry Miss. She didn?t mean no harm. I reckon neither of us have ever seen anything so purdy as that swoop bike of yourn. I promise she wont be troublen you no more."

Just then the garage manager came over. "What?s the trouble here?" He looked over at the mother and daughter. "I should have known. I told you Vee one complaint and you and your kid would be out of here. Your fired. Pack up your things. You can leave your bike. Maybe I can sell it for what you owe me. You wont be racing today or any day."

The child stood clinging to her mother?s leg. The mother pleaded. "I did considerable clearing out around here. If I race I can be paying you all what you fettered out to me. Then I can get Emma and me a place with a bed. That government lady said I had to have a place with a bed by tonight."

The garage manager got a look on his face I didn?t like. A look that said he had complete control of this woma

10. Glad is June

Mar 10, 2000
    Jemmy laughed. "For some reason Ben E. Factor is terrified of Lilith." Jemmy laughed again. "Thing is Diary," Jemmy grew serious. "All this with Vee?s, Emma has made me think about my own little Emma. My and Ben?s little Emma. I still don?t want a child of my own. But I do find I?m willing to have someone to belong to. That really doesn?t say what I want. I certainly don?t want to be owned. I definitely want my freedom. I don?t want to be tied down. Ben has said he want?s to marry me. He doesn?t care if we have children. He would like a child I know.

I have been thinking about this all the way home. What I want is in 10 years to be sponsoring my own fleet of Swoop Racers. To do what Ben E. Factor does. I think it will take about 5 years get my reputation as a Sponsor established and secured. Then I might be ready to give Ben a child. Before I do that I want to be free of any dependence on my aunt and uncle. I wont let them have any say in how my child is raised. Meeting Vee has made me think a lot about this. So I?m going to find out if Ben is on the planet tonight. If he?s not. Then the first day he is back I?m going to tell him we can get married. As long as he agrees to my life plan. I think he will. He has been trying for a long time to get me to make a commitment.

I know more than anyone else you can?t make long term plan?s and expect them to go smoothly. I can say I want to own a fleet of swoop racers. Making that happen wont be easy. There is always the fear of someone from my past showing up. But I figure I have 2 choises. I can hide. Never venturing out into the world. Finding me might be hard. If found making me disappear would be easy. Or I can gain enough fame anyone trying to hurt me will have a hell of a time getting to me. Making me disappear will be even harder. I choose fame. I?d rather be the center of attention than just another number to add to the death rate of the Galaxy. In short Diary I?ve decided to tell Ben I'll marry him. But only after he becomes a knight. I ' on a very long engagement plan'."

Tai and Obi-Wan?s wedding was in the room of 1000 fountains. Near the place Obi-Wan liked to hide as child. To ease the concern of the Master Gardeners a large platform had been set up. It stretched between and around several fountains. The platform protected the fauna so it wouldn't be trampled. It also served as reception "hall" for eating and dancing.

After dinner Bodar handed Obi-Wan the key to his and E'leat's room at the Galactic Star.

"It's yours for the next 2 weeks."

"But, Sir, we couldn't possibly put you out of your room."

"Why not? Listen Ben you are not putting us out. Master Yoda has arranged for us to stay in guest quarters here at the Temple. We brought our luggage with us this morning. Master Jinn and I discussed the situation. I know you were planning on just going back to your room tonight. Am I correct in thinking your friends know this too?"

"Yes they probably do."

"They caused a lot of mischief last night. Do you really want them to know where you are on your wedding night?" Bodar raised a meaningful eyebrow.

Obi-Wan smiled back. "Not really, Sir."

"We didn't think so. In fact your Master said he wasn't about to stay in his own apartment tonight. Take the key and the suite. I know you will want to spend time alone. I've left a deposit for you to use Room Service. The Connoisseur has assured me that all your needs and wants will be taken care of. I asked him to arrange tickets for the play Tai'hal said she wanted to see. I thought since you know Coruscant you would like a speeder to use this week. Take advantage of the spas at the Resort. In other words splurge, enjoy, relax. Don't worry about the cost. I've taken care of everything."

"Thank you, Sir." Obi-Wan took the key but the look on his face was one of hesitation.

"Something is still making you uncomfortable?"

"Yes, Sir. How do I explain us taking your suite to Tai? She alread

11. Glad is June

Mar 10, 2000
    Jemmy entered the Dawn Till Dusk. It was crowded as usual. At first Jemmy thought it a bad investment. But Rela and Mus had done wonders with the place. Amazing what a good cleaning, fresh paint and some repairs could do. Yet somehow it still had the same atmosphere that they all had always liked. Jemmy took a deep breath. Ahh... the only smell she liked more was a speeding swoop bike. As Jemmy made her way to the bar she noticed something missing. No Jedi. Strange. Rela?s bar was a favorite among the Jedi.

There was a new girl at the bar. She was swamped. In fact the place seemed short of help. A busy night like this usually meant both Rela and Mus attending bar.

The new girl finally got to Jemmy. "What?ll you have?"

"Fire Rum. Rela in the back?"

The girl handed her the bottle. "Here you go-" Suddenly she realized who she was serving. The girl became a little flustered. "Miss Gleshan! I?m so sorry to have made you wait. The Boss said you probably wouldn?t be in tonight." The girl ordered an inebriated customer away from the bar. He started to object. The bouncer, someone else Jemmy had never seen before, came over and removed him. More orders needed to be filled. "I?ll be back to you as soon as I can. Here?s 3 more for now. I?m coming. I?m coming."

Jemmy didn?t mind. She had plenty of Fire Rum to drink. A place to sit and watch the crowd. If she wanted she could talk with other "Regulars". After a few minutes Jemmy decided to go back to the office. The office was locked. No one answered her knock. Another strange thing. Maybe Rela and Mus were off planet. Jemmy went back to her place at the bar. A few people came over to tell her she was their favorite Swoop Racer. Some asked for her autograph. All said she was more beautiful in person than on the Holo Nets. All wished her luck in the up coming races. It was a satisfying way to kill time. But after an half an hour Jemmy grew tired of it. She flagged down the girl.

She came over with 4 more Fire Rums in her hands. "Here you go?"

"Stop!"

"I?m sorry. Would you like something different than Fire Rum?"

"No." Jemmy shook her head. "The Rum is fine. Where are Rela and Mus? I haven?t seen either one since I came in."

"The Boss and Mus are both at a wedding."

"Wedding?"

The girl handed 2 glasses and a bottle of Alderann Rum to a waitress. "Yes. At the Jedi Temple. She told us if there was any problem we could contact her there."

Jemmy had a bad feeling about this. "Sith! I can?t believe she?s marrying Simeon with out inviting me. Well that?s friendship for you."

The girl stared at Jemmy. "What are you talking about? Sal table 10, 4 Saturn Rings? Coming right up. Hands up on the bar." A Flaming Volcano sailed down the bar. People leaned back so the wouldn't get singed.

"You said Rela was getting married I can?t imagine her marrying any one other than Simeon."

"No. I said she was at a wedding. The Boss isn?t getting married. Not that I know of anyway."

"Mus?" Jemmy said in surprise.

"No. Not that she doesn?t have her eyes set on that tall dark Jedi."

Jemmy found herself talking through clenched teeth. "Tell me who is getting married at the Jedi Temple tonight."

"Someone the Boss has known for a long time." The girl informed Jemmy as she pulled a few beers for a waitress. "I don?t think Mus has known him as long. But hey, there?s free food. Where else would a Wookie be?"

"Just who is getting married?" Jemmy wished the girl would stop filling orders and talk to her. "What?s his name?"

"Who?"

"The person getting married."

The girl frowned. "He had a strange name. Here you go, Tess, for table 15, a Tatooine Freeze, a Bandomeer Explosion and a bottle of Sparkling Wine. Well I guess not strange for a Jedi. But for some reason the Boss calls him Ben."

Jemmy jumped up. "BEN! BEN KENOBI!"

That made the girl stop mixing drinks. "Yes that?s his name."

"Who is he marrying?"

"I don?t know. I mean I never met her. I thin

12. Sara_Kenobi

Sara_Kenobi Jedi Grand Master star 7

Sep 21, 2000
    Great post, June. I'm really enjoying how everything is folding together. :)

13. Jemmiah

Jemmiah Jedi Master star 5

Mar 5, 2000
    I'm so glad to see this and your other stories back at the top where they belong! We've missed you! :) :) :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.