main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga Is this Home? - Luke crashes and wakes up in a strange place - Complete

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Lady_Misty, Jun 2, 2011.

1. Lady_Misty

Lady_Misty Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 21, 2007
    Do I look like I own Star Wars?

Luke crashes and finds himself in a strange place. Takes place shortly after The Empire Strikes Back.

xxxx

Luke nimbly climbed into the X-Wing that had been assigned to him.

He had a lot of things on his mind and needed a break.

SO he had asked if he could do some scouting and permission was granted.

R2 whistled cheerfully as he plugged himself into the X-Wing.

?Ready to go buddy?? he asked as he closed the canopy.

R2 whistled a yes and Luke took off with Wedge not far behind him.

xxxxx

Luke cursed Bounty Hunter from one side of the galaxy to the other as he fought to control his X-Wing.

?Eject R2, there's nothing you can do!? Luke said. ?I am going to eject too.?

Luke felt R2 leave the X-Wing then he pulled the lever that would eject him. Nothing happened.

Luke kept on pulling hoping that he would eject.

Growling in frustration Luke gave up and reached for the controls.

The ground was rushing up and there was nothing he could do to stop it.

The X-Wing hit the ground and Luke's world went black.

xxxx

Luke slowly opened his eyes.

He was in some sort of medical room on a medical couch.

A bright, familiar presence was nearby.

Luke turned his head to see a man sitting in a chair, asleep.

Luke studied the man. He had sandy blond hair that was starting to gray. A thin vertical scar ran beside his right eye. He was dressed in dark robes and a black cloak.

Suddenly the man opened his eyes; they were the same shade of blue as his eyes, and smiled.

?You're awake!? he cried. ?Master Che, he's awake!? The man called.

An ancient Twi-lek entered the room. She too was dressed in Jedi Robes.

?How are you feeling young Skywalker?? she asked.. ?A little dizzy, what happened? I remember crashing but that's it.? Luke said.

?You crashed an old X-Wing fighter.? The man said. ?You hit your head so hard that your flight helmet cracked.?

Luke reached up and discovered that his head was wrapped in bacta patches.

?You might suffer from some memory loss but that should clear up in several days.? Master Che said.

Luke nodded.

?Do you know where you are?? Master Che asked.

Luke shook his head.

?You are in the Jedi Temple on Coruscant.? The man informed him.

2. Hazel

Hazel Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2010
    o_O Oh, very interesting!

There will be more, right? :D

It's great that you decided to give us all these great presents on your birthday, so thank you and happy birthday again, Misty. :*

3. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    A fascinating :* start =D=

This will definitely have all kinds of ramifications LOL

4. Lady_Misty

Mar 21, 2007

Yes, just what is going on.

There is more!

Well I wanted reviews for my birthday and the only way to get reviews on your birthday to to post a fic on your brithday.

Ramifications galore!

xxx

Luke stared at the man.

?But . . . but . . . it's been empty since just before the end of the Clone Wars.? Luke stuttered.

The man tilted his head to one side and looked at Luke.

?It's not uncommon for people with head injuries to be confused after waking up.? The ancient Twi'lek commented.

?I am going to test your reflexes then you can go home.? The Twi'lek, Master Che, said.

In a short time she checked all of his responses.

?You can take him home, Master Skywalker.? Master Che finally commented as she finished.

The man stood.

?Come on Luke, Everyone is waiting for you back home.? The man, Master Skywalker, said.

Luke slid off the bed and followed the man out of the room and through corridors. Luke couldn't help but stare.

?It will all come back to you in a few days.? His companion commented.

Luke nodded.

Have I been captured by the Empire? And if so why the elaborate set up? Luke wondered.

Finally Luke and 'Master Skywalker' arrived at a hanger. 'Master Skywalker' got into what appeared to be a custom made speeder and gestured for Luke to get in. Luke hesitated but got in.

Luke's mouth opened at the sight of the city before him: a sprawling metropolis as far as the eye could see.

They waited for the signal to say that they could join the sky traffic and then they shot off.

Luke kept turning his head. He had seen holos of Coruscant but they didn't compare to seeing it in person.

'Master Skywalker' chuckled. ?You look like you have never seen Coruscant before.? He commented to Luke.

The speeder pulled up to a veranda and they climbed out. The veranda belonged to a well appointed apartment. There were couches in a semi circle in the center of the room and stairs leading up and a corridor in another direction.

Luke followed 'Master Skywalker up the stairs into a bedchamber. A woman lay sleeping on the bed.

Luke watched as ?Master Skywalker' bent down and planted a kiss on the woman's cheek. The woman stirred and opened her eyes.

?Did Master Che kick you out too?? she asked sleepily.

?Actually I have a surprise for you Angel.? Ani said and pulled Luke closer. ?Look who finally woke up.?

The woman bolted from the bed and embraced Luke.

?We were so afraid that you wouldn't wake up again!? The woman sobbed. Luke stared at the wall.

The door to the bedchamber door opened and Leia followed by several younger girls raced in. ?Don't you ever do that to me again Luke Anakin Skywalker!? Leia said. ?I told you not to take that piece of junk for a spin but no you had to prove to Mara Kenobi that it was safe to fly!?

Luke blinked.

?HE has some memory loss but he should bounce back in a few days.? Ani said.

xxxxx

Meanwhile . . .

Leia sat by Luke's be; waiting for him to regain consciousness.

Finally Luke's eyes twitched under their lids.

Then ever so slowly Luke's eyes opened.

?What happened?? Luke asked softly. ?Someone sabotaged the X-Wing that you were flying so it wouldn't eject. You are lucky to be alive.? Leia explained. ?Killing a Skywalker is nigh on impossible. We must be surrender to Death for It to take us.? Luke muttered.

Leia laughed softly.

?Where am I?? Luke asked. ?You are on the Medical Frigate.? Leia said.

Luke looked around.

?Is it just you?? Luke asked. Leia nodded. ?Wedge wanted to be here but he was needed for a patrol.? She explained.

?Mara is never going to let me live down the crash.? Luke muttered.

?Who?? Leia asked.

xxxxxxx

5. Hazel

Hazel Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2010
    [face_thinking] Interesting!!!!

This is so much more than meets the eye.

I really liked that first part :D [face_laugh]

6. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Wow!

Hmm. ;)

[face_thinking]

Really looking forward to the next part. :D

7. Book-Geek

Book-Geek Jedi Knight star 3

May 28, 2011
    Oooh, liking how this is going very much.

8. obimom

obimom Jedi Master star 4

Oct 31, 2010
    Interesting.

Wait - alternate universe, right? (I don't mean SW AU either).

Luke has traded places with an alternate Luke in an alternate universe, right?

Interesting...can't wait to see what's next.

9. Briannakin

Briannakin Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 25, 2010
    Oooooo! Interesting. AU Luke has swapped places with the Luke we know. I kinda feel bad for AU Luke. Are you willing to do PMs for this one? If so, send me one when you update.

10. CloneUncleOwen

CloneUncleOwen Jedi Master star 4

Jul 30, 2009
    Come on, George... we all know it's you!

:)

Seriously, this marvelous.

Cheers!

11. dm1

dm1 Jedi Master star 4

Jun 9, 2004
    Oh, my! This looks very intriguing. If you have a PM notification list, please add me on. I can't wait to see how this all works out!

12. Jedi_Liz

Jedi_Liz Jedi Grand Master star 6

Apr 24, 2000
    oh my, this is interesting. I'll keep my eye on it.

13. Ridley Solo

Ridley Solo Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 27, 2010
    Ooooh.....likey! =D=

14. Lady_Misty

Mar 21, 2007
    Thank you for the many reviews and I am flattered that I have so many people interested in my work.

BTW I got mistaken for Ashley Eckstein on Facebook earlier today (my name is now Ahsoka Tano).

Sorry for the shortness but I have decided to torture the Luke from the Movies a bit

xxxxxxx

Luke blinked several times in out right confusion.

How can she not know Mara? We were there when she was born and Master Obi-Wan showed her off so proudly. Then as she grew older we played with her and learned together. I guess I will just have to remind her. Luke thought.

?Mara, our friend. She has red hair and green eyes. Her mother is the Duchess of Mandalore and-?

'Luke you must be confused.? Leia said. ?We are not friends with the Duchess of Mandalore's daughter. In fact the Duchess is a supporter of the Empire; if the rumors can be believed.?

Luke shook his head.

The Duchess is a pacifist that married Master O-?

?It's not uncommon for people with head injuries to be confused when they wake up.? Leia said cutting him off in a reassuring voice.

Leia stood.

?I'll go tell the Alliance Council know that you have woken up. Mon Mothma was especially worried about you since you are the only half trained Jedi we have.? Leia said.

?Chancellor Mothma?? Luke asked as she left.

?Don't forget to comm Mom and Dad!? Luke called after her.

He really must have had hit his head. Leia thought.

xxxxx

Meanwhile . . . .

?I am sorry that I worried you Leia.? Luke said softly. Hoping to comfort the empathic woman.

?You could have died!? Leia commented. ?I felt your distress and pain. Which makes you lucky because Mara thought that you were faking it. In fact you nearly destroyed R2! It took Dad several days to fix him.?

?How did you know I was in pain?? Luke asked Leia.

Leia stared at him clearly in shock.

?She's your twin sister idiot.? One of the little girls commented offhandedly.

xxxx

I am working on a new fic. It should be coming to the 'net sometime soon. And best of all I have a beta for it!

15. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Wow! Much confusion for the Lukes and the ones they're conversing with are also confused LOL -- why don't you know what I'm talking about? :p

16. Hazel

Hazel Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2010
    Those two Lukes must be feeling soooo confused. [face_laugh]

Looking forward to your new fic. :)

17. Book-Geek

Book-Geek Jedi Knight star 3

May 28, 2011
    Wow. Our Luke just got totally freaked out, huh? AU Luke isn't going to like what's going on with the Empire.

18. Briannakin

Briannakin Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 25, 2010
    NOOOOOOOOO! NOT R2! LOL

The Lukes are so confused.

19. Ridley Solo

Ridley Solo Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 27, 2010
    Oh wow, poor Luke...erm, Lukes? :p This is great!

20. obimom

obimom Jedi Master star 4

Oct 31, 2010
    Wow - what a mess. Poor Luke(s) must be really confused right now, and Leia thinks he's lost it. [face_laugh]

Looking forward to more.

(Should I say anything about Obi-Wan marrying Satine and not Siri?...[face_thinking] ....nah - I'll let it go)..[face_whistling]

21. haleyskywalker2

haleyskywalker2 Jedi Padawan star 1

Sep 25, 2010
    Wow poor Luke(s).

Poor Leia(s) also. everyone is confused and to make matters worth both of the Luke's are confused!!! This is maddness.

22. Lady_Misty

Mar 21, 2007
    Yes,both Lukes are confused and just might stay that way for a while.

If anyone is disappointed about Siri not being Mara's mother she died during the Clone Wars (unless the Team deems her character interesting and decides to use her after Ms Watson said she died.) And I don't really know her character wither, although I am sure that there are several of you that would be more than happy to help me write her.

Okay, on to the next chapter!

xxxx

Luke's mouth opened.

?What? Forget that you had a twin?? Leia asked teasingly.

?Uh, I did hit my head pretty hard.? Luke said.

This has to be an Imperial ruse. Leia isn't my twin! Luke thought.

The younger children gathered around him.

?Don't worry Luke, Dad fixed R2. He's good as new.? The youngest girl said who was about nine.

?Yeah, R2 isn't even mad at you.? Another girl about twelve said.

?Mara hopes that you are alright.? A girl about fifteen said

?Master Kenobi said that only a Skywalker could have survived that crash.? A young woman said.

The woman that Luke suspected to be his mother smiled.

?Alright everyone, off to bed, Luke will be here tomorrow. You all have busy days ahead of you.? She said.

Luke watched as the three older girls and Leia filed out of the room but the younger girl lingered.

?Annika go to bed.? His 'mother' said.

Annika sighed and left the room.

?Are you tired Luke?? his 'mother' asked. ?If you are then your father can take you to your room. If your are not tired then I am sure that 3PO or R2 would love to talk to you.?

?I would like to try to get some sleep.? Luke told her.

She nodded.

?Sleep well, Luke. Most likely you will have visitors in the morning.? She told him.

Luke followed his 'father' out of the room and down a corridor to a line of bedchambers. His 'father' stopped in front of one of the doors and opened it.

?This is your room. Your closet is right there and the refresher is on the right.? He told Luke. ?And don't try to visit anyone tonight.?

Luke watched him leave.

Slowly he walked towards the closet and flipped through the things in it. Mostly Jedi Robes with a few other articles of clothing thrown in.

It took Luke ten minutes before he located his sleep gear.

Once he was dressed he laid on the bed and stared at the ceiling for several hours before drifting off to sleep.

xxxx

Elsewhere . . .

Luke sighed with relief when he was released from Medbay.

Truth be told he was beginning to get nervous. Neither one of his parents called and Leia seemed to be truly confused about Mara Kenobi.

And he had never heard of an Empire that existed in the galaxy in present times.

Closing his eyes he reached out with the Force and tried to locate his father. It took some time but he thought he found it. It wasn't nearby and it was Dark and Cold.

Luke pulled away frowning.

?You alright Luke?? A voice asked him.

Luke turned to see a man that he knew from the Corellian Fleet: Wedge Antilles.

?Hello Wedge.? He said calmly.

?A credit for your thoughts?? Wedge asked. ?Everything seems surreal.? Luke said. ?It's as if something isn't right.?

Wedge nodded.

?It will come back to you Luke.? Wedge said. ?I hope so.? Luke replied.

Luke headed to his quarters and sat down on the cot.

He clenched his hands and felt that something wasn't right with his right hand. He brought it up to his face and found that it was a little cooler to the touch then the left hand.

HE touched it with the Force and nearly screamed. It was cybernetic.

xxxxx

Elsewhere . . .

Luke opened his eyes and found sunlight streaming in gently from blinds on windows.

It wasn't a dream. He thought.

xxxx

Breakfast was an interesting affair.

His 'mother' announced that she would be visiting her friend Bail Organa on Alderaan that afternoon. Luke could tell that no one was surprised by the announcement so it must have been discussed earlier.

After everyone had dressed for the day it was back to the Jedi Temple with everyone in tow.

?Come Luke, I need to see what you remember about using a lightsaber.? His 'father' said. Luke nodded and followed him to

23. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    The Luke that was displaced from the Skywalker family is probably better trained as a Jedi than the "Rebel" Luke ;)

For instance in terms of lightsaber use LOL !!

Yikes, to wake up and find your hand is a prosthetic :p

:eek:

24. Hazel

Hazel Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2010
    I wonder if Rebel Luke has figured out he has his original hand back? [face_thinking] I think he is going to miss this universe when he goes back to his own.

25. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Hmmm. [face_thinking] Now I don't know which Luke is which [face_laugh] !!!!! [face_mischief]

[:D]

!!!!