main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Is This Show Any Good

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by darthpeechadool, Sep 28, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. darthpeechadool

darthpeechadool Jedi Youngling

Jun 13, 2011
    I watched the first few episodes and thought it was just ok. Bu then to me it was unwatchable. Has this series picked up and is it really worth watching? I know its the only new star wars stuff were getting but if it really doesn't add anything to the saga please let me know so I don't waste my time. Ill be more than happy with the cartoon networks 2 DVDs which quite frankly were terrific. Thanks guys

2. ImNotAStarWarsFanboy

ImNotAStarWarsFanboy Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 25, 2011
    My opinion is no. But you shouldn't really let other people's (especially all the people here with their widely differing stances) opinions affect your decisions. Just watch a good handful and then based on whether you enjoyed them overall or not, decide whether you want to continue following it.

By the way, if others respond here with lists of "good" episodes to watch, I suggest you don't follow their advice. More often than not they will be handpicked lists of the "best" episodes and do not represent the overall majority of the episodes. They're not good samples. To really get a feel of what TCW is like, when you're doing a viewing sample you need a mix of both good and bad episodes (or better yet, totally random ones), otherwise you'll just end up with an inaccurate impression.

So, for instance, I recommend you watch the following episodes if you have access to them:

-Rookies
    -Corruption
    -Innocents of Ryloth
    -Weapons Factory
    -Senate Murders
    -Monster
    -Shadow of Malevolence
    -Lightsaber Lost
    -Clone Cadets

There is a healthy mix of good, bad and inbetween in that group.

3. darthpeechadool

darthpeechadool Jedi Youngling

Jun 13, 2011
    Very cool of you to take the time to write all of this and give your honest opinion. Thanks! I just feel they could be doing so much more story wise and not just put something on tv for the sake of it.

4. Artoo-Dion

Artoo-Dion Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 9, 2009
    I was a complete sceptic before I started watching, but the first five episodes generated such goodwill with me that I'm willing to simply enjoy the less-great episodes (none are "bad", IMHO) for what they offer (e.g. interesting environments), with the great episodes more than making up for everything else. I also think seasons 1 and 2 are incredibly solid, and the Season 3 "Mortis" arc is the best thing they've done and illuminates the saga in new ways.

BUT!

If you're already finding it unwatchable, you may as well give up. You're obviously looking for something very different to what TCW is offering.

5. ImNotAStarWarsFanboy

ImNotAStarWarsFanboy Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 25, 2011
    Yeah I feel that way too. Unfortunately like many things the show started out great, then as it gained acclaim it lost its passion and became just another EZ-money generator for LFL.

6. Gry Sarth

Gry Sarth Ex 2x Banhammer Wielding Besalisk Mod star 5

Jun 24, 1999
    I'm sorry guys, but I can't really allow another thread that's basically dedicated to "TCW isn't very good". You can use the "jump the shark" or general thread for that.

Thanks.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.