main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Is This the Fanfilm Forum?

Discussion in 'Fan Films, Fan Audio & SciFi 3D' started by predinator, Aug 22, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ptx

Ptx Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 19, 2000
    *screams and runs*

Pete

2. predinator

predinator Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 25, 2001
    Thanks for your replies. (most of them)

I am glad that most of you can see what im getting at, but now I also see your point of view aswell.

I guess whatever anybody says, its not going to change the way things are.

But I suppose that there is no harm in trying.

All the best,
    Pred

3. PixelMagic

PixelMagic Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 8, 2001
    If it makes you feel any better, I consider myself a veteran, and I really like Reese's Peanut Butter Cups. (pointless fact for the day)

4. Calabus

Calabus Jedi Youngling

Aug 19, 2002
    I like meat... and yes this forum is way to uptight. Always has been.... always will be.

5. Nathan PTH

Nathan PTH Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 11, 2000
    "Always has been.... always will be."

I sincerely hope that's either a joke or that that's a new name that an old poster is posting under.

Calabus . . . Registered Aug. 02. Total Posts: 3.

Isn't that like Bush on the day after his Innauguration claiming that the stress of being president has eaten away at him for "ages?"

6. Sage_Halcyon

Sage_Halcyon Jedi Master star 4

Mar 3, 2002
    Must be the stress of hitting "Post Reply". It can get to you sometimes... :D Sage.

7. Gardulo

Gardulo Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 21, 2002
    Maybe Some People are harsh (remembers the old days when he got banned for flaming everyone at the same time )
    But let those people be banned by the Admin's
    without turning into a Vigilante.

8. Ptx

Ptx Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 19, 2000
    Huh?

Pete

9. Neszis

Neszis Jedi Padawan star 4

May 23, 2001
    "No almost about it"

Hey now, things like that are bound to make me cry.

"WHO'S YO DADDY?

Umm...DaftMaul? ;)

~Neszis~

10. WhisperingDeath

WhisperingDeath Jedi Padawan star 4

May 25, 2002
    I agree that the board has been rough and I have been fighting to push the vets who cynically post away from the newbie posts that don't warrent the attacks. But I do have to say that it has been getting better. My last fight was with Dorkmanscott and Lord_Homer... but that was a while ago and all has been tranquil since then. I believe that all of us posters have become more aware that what we say in the virtual world does hurt people in the real one.

In Short, I feel that this thread is a bit late for its use (no offence perdinator, I applaud anyone who has the balls to step up and say such things). If we slowly get better with our posts everything will be fine, no one expects a major change in attitude overnight, but for it to graduly get better... and i belive it is

Peace out all :)

11. Animaster

Animaster Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 12, 2001
    "Getting razzed as a newbie is a kind of 'right of passage' on most Forums."

Did I miss something? I was never razzed as a newbie here, back in good ol' mid 2001.

Things have changed since I first got here. I wasn't being ignorant and not reading the FAQ's (the one linked in the corner didn't exist at the time though), I found things out for myself for a bit like so many expect for newbs to do now. I did the right thing, but at that time, no one would have cared if I did or not. It's just now that people are tired of it so they lose their cool and start flaming people.

The problem is that some members are fed up with so many people posting the same things over and over again. If it happened less often, no one would care that much. Only because people are bcoming impatient with all this. The new peopel posting don't know that this occurs 50 times per day, so there's no use in flaming them for something they never did and didn't know about. Some people need to chill out, and others need to be more helpful.

If we could all just get along, that would be just dandy. Before you log in, you know you'll see 10 topics about something similar, don't go into every one telling the poor bugger what an idiot he is for not reading the FAQ or tuturials or a certain fat book. If you're gonna be mean, ignore the thread and go about your other business. Your other option would be to go in, refer the poster to a similar thread which already has a question answered, or provide him kindly with constructive criticism/info/a link/a spanking, or whatever is requested in the thread.

And so endeth the rant. If you think none of this applies to you, read it again just to be sure.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.