main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Is Waru the Vong "God"?

Discussion in 'Literature' started by DarthTorgo, Mar 9, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarthTorgo

DarthTorgo Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 17, 2002
    Think about it. I wonder if he isn't the one masterminding the whole invasion of the galaxy. He's probably pissed at the people from the GFFA for trying to send him back to another dimension. Plus, ever since I heard Vonda Mcintyre is going to write the last hardcover, I wouldn't rule out the possibility of him showing up then. It's just like how the Emperor wasn't fully revealed until ROTJ. BTW, Mrs. Mcintyre is also writing the screenplay for Episode III.

2. Valiento

Valiento Jedi Knight star 7

Mar 19, 2000
    Lol, while I don't believe that vonda is returning, I wouldn't mind waru being worked into the the vong's culture somehow. I mean they did it with the sliveleth, why not waru.

3. Nitro29

Nitro29 Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 3, 2001
    What the hell was Waru anyway?

4. Valiento

Mar 19, 2000
    Cross-dimensional gelatinous mass of slime and ichor.

5. GrandAdmPellaeon

GrandAdmPellaeon Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 18, 2002
    How dare you?!

That entire book was the single biggest piece of trash to disgrace the face of the GFFA. My god, Waru??? A Vong god? Gag me with another KJA novel and at least then I could die with a shred of dignity.

6. Valiento

Mar 19, 2000
    Watch your mouth, dude, I liked the book and your post was getting rather flammatory in the first line. State your oppinion but don't insult those who enjoyed the story.

7. GrandAdmPellaeon

Feb 18, 2002
    Valentio: That was hardly what I would call a direct insult.

I stated my opinion bluntly; the book was crap. I did not inslut anybody. Hmmm, a flammatory remark you say? This is America, love it or leave it. I can stand here all day and tell you how I'd rather have a root canal than read that book again, but I think by now you get the idea. Point is I didn't make a comment to DarthTongo or to you. I think the book sucked and that's that.

But as long as we're on the subject, what could you possibly like about tCS? I'd really like to know. Luke's still with Callista *shudder* and the entire book is based on what is described to be something resembling a large gold slot machine trying to take over the galaxy with it's "AntiForce"???

Next thing you know we're going to have people in here defending CotJ. (roll of the eyes)

8. Valiento

Mar 19, 2000
    "Valentio"

Who is valentio ?[face_plain]

"How dare you?!"

Is an insult.

"Point is I didn't make a comment to DarthTongo or to you. I think the book sucked and that's that."

AS I have point out above you have.

"But as long as we're on the subject, what could you possibly like about tCS? I'd really like to know. Luke's still with Callista *shudder*"

Callista is not even in the book. Perhaps you speak of POT?

"and the entire book is based on what is described to be something resembling a large gold slot machine trying to take over the galaxy with it's "AntiForce"???"

Having read so much scifi in my life, things like that do not bother me. I found her book to be rather interesting. Do you have a problem with that?

"Next thing you know we're going to have people in here defending CotJ. (roll of the eyes)"

Alot of people like COTJ, I know many of them, do you have a problem with that?

"This is America, love it or leave it."

That my friend is what we call a false dichotomy a fallacy of english.

"FALLACIES
    False dichotomy - to see only the extremes of a spectrum; to see only black and white with no shades of grey.
    Common example: "If you think that welfare is beneficial to society, then you must be some kind of communist!" It is possible to be a political moderate and believe that welfare is good under certain circumstances."

9. Jedi Bib

Jedi Bib Jedi Grand Master star 6

Apr 16, 2000
    Val, calm down. It's a book.

10. Devimon

Devimon Jedi Youngling

Aug 18, 2001
    "This is America, love it or leave it. "

This is america?!!

All this time I thought I was living in Romania. [face_plain] Go figure.

*roll eyes*

You Americans... sheesh

11. GrandAdmPellaeon

Feb 18, 2002
    Thank you Jedi Bib :D

Valentio, I see my whole world in extremes. You can call it a false dichotomy if you want to, but that's just because you're too afraid to attribute things in the world to black or white. You've got a make everything grey so that you don't go to an extreme. I mean, heaven forbid you have an honest and set opinion on something.

You were right about the Callista thing, so sorry about that. I think he was thinking about her though, can't really be sure.

Yes I have a problem with CotJ. What possible purpose did the book serve? I'd love to hear an opinion on that.

Btw: If you think that was an insult you must not get out much. Have you heard the mouths on kids these days? Sheesh... ;)

12. Valiento

Mar 19, 2000
    Yes it's only a book and I enjoy it, I also respect pellaeon's discust of the book, he just had no point to tell some one "how dare you".

"Valentio,"

Who is this Valentio you speak of ?[face_plain]

"I see my whole world in extremes. You can call it a false dichotomy if you want to, but that's just because you're too afraid to attribute things in the world to black or white. You've got a make everything grey so that you don't go to an extreme. I mean, heaven forbid you have an honest and set opinion on something."

The world is never black and white it comes in all shades or colors, thus the fallacy of false dichotomy on your part. There are going to be many oppinions all over the spectrum that aren't necessarily going to agree with your oppinion. But this doesn't mean your oppinion is invalid for you to have personally.

"You were right about the Callista thing, so sorry about that. I think he was thinking about her though, can't really be sure."

The book was written before callista was even thought of. So callista really can't be in the book.

"Yes I have a problem with CotJ. What possible purpose did the book serve? I'd love to hear an opinion on that"

I respect that you have a problem with it, and I respect your oppinions. Overall I thought it was bland though I did find some stuff in it interesting. But over all so so.

13. Errant_Venture

Errant_Venture Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 21, 2002
    I have to side with Chiss here on this one.

I thought that book was the most boring SW book that i've read and i've read em all.

It is a book, and well...it's a book, so calm down.

I thought COTJ was pretty boring as well.

14. Valiento

Mar 19, 2000
    I'm actually pretty calm about it, I enjoyed the book, and I respect that there are those who don't.

I just wanted to defend the newbie from being told, "How dare you", that was really quite uncalled for, for the most part I think newbies diserve respect and welcome and shown the ropes, not be intimidated.

15. Matthew Trias

Matthew Trias Force Ghost star 6

Sep 8, 1999
    How can you not like CotJ? Luke humped the deck of the Eye of Palptine in that book like a horny teenager! Remember? Him and callista made love in his dreams! Funny! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!'

Oh wait. that's one of the reasons I dislike the book.

16. Valiento

Mar 19, 2000
    yes, that scene was pretty ludicrous.

17. GrandAdmPellaeon

Feb 18, 2002
    Anyone ever get the feeling someone's not listening very well?

Listen, I don't care if he's the first person to post on this board or the last to join, my opinion stands. Both books are pig swill and should be erased from being cannon IMO. I can't help the fact that you don't like my opinion, and frankly I don't care.

My comment of "How dare you" was heartfelt and intended to take them aback. However, I highly doubt that Mr. DarthTongo is going to committ suicide tomorrow because I told him I rather hated his opinion.

This is not a political debate forum, it's a SW forum and I can like and hate every opinion I see fit. I was NOT trying to dis the guy, just his opinion.

18. Matthew Trias

Sep 8, 1999
    Erased from cannon? Just fire the cannon. That should get rid of it. :p

19. Valiento

Mar 19, 2000
    "Anyone ever get the feeling someone's not listening very well?

Listen, I don't care if he's the first person to post on this board or the last to join, my opinion stands. Both books are pig swill and should be erased from being cannon IMO. I can't help the fact that you don't like my opinion, and frankly I don't care.

My comment of "How dare you" was heartfelt and intended to take them aback. However, I highly doubt that Mr. DarthTongo is going to committ suicide tomorrow because I told him I rather hated his opinion.

This is not a political debate forum, it's a SW forum and I can like and hate every opinion I see fit. I was NOT trying to dis the guy, just his opinion."

Well I guess some people can't help being anything but grumpy.

20. GrandAdmPellaeon

Feb 18, 2002
    Oh Trias, if only we could :D

21. Valiento

Mar 19, 2000
    I'd probably have certain chapters of vision of the future shot out of that "cannon".

22. GrandAdmPellaeon

Feb 18, 2002
    Strangely enough Valentio, you and I are in agreement on that.

23. Valiento

Mar 19, 2000
    "Valentio"

Who is this valentio you speak of?

Think Valient(Has Alien in it, it is why it is sci-fi related), or just call me "Val".

24. GrandAdmPellaeon

Feb 18, 2002
    Oops, sorry.

"Valiento"

25. Matthew Trias

Sep 8, 1999
    Is that so Val? That's why you picked the name. Uh huh

AHAHAHAH\
    AHAHAHAHA
    HAHAHAHA