main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit Is Yoda's backstory the last great mystery of Star Wars?

Discussion in 'Literature' started by sith_rising, Oct 28, 2012.

1. LelalMekha

LelalMekha Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 29, 2012
    It's pretty clear that Heart of Darkness was written with Yoda in mind, but the higher authorities at Lucasfilm probably vetoed the identification of Minch with Yoda himself. Canonically, there are indeed two Dark Jedi who have been killed around that same stange tree. And those two Dark Jedi were both Bpfasshi, and they were both killed by a tridactyl goblin. History/continuity hiccup, anyone? o_O

2. Tim Battershell

Tim Battershell Jedi Master star 5

Sep 3, 2012
    A Force(d) coincidence, surely?

3. Jeff_Ferguson

Jeff_Ferguson Force Ghost star 5

May 15, 2006
    Leland was arguing once at the sw.com forums that the ROTS script saying that Yoda landed in "unfamiliar terrain" meant that he had never been to Dagobah before.

And according to here, he iterated that in Insider 98. Still seems like a salvageable story, though --- maybe Yoda killed him somewhere else and the dude limped his way to Dagobah before dying? Kinda lame, but hey, you work with what you have.

4. Arawn_Fenn

Arawn_Fenn Chosen One star 7

Jul 2, 2004
    It wasn't the script, it was the novel.

( The same novel, incidentally, that said Padme was the youngest Queen ever elected and had Obi-Wan recognizing Dooku's Sith name. )

You go, Leland.

5. Tim Battershell

Tim Battershell Jedi Master star 5

Sep 3, 2012
    Palps employed a few Dark Jedi, and more than one turned on him - either trying to kill him or to get out from under his influence.

I believe that there is a time-window for a second Bpfasshi Dark Jedi to have met his end against Yoda there - don't forget that both Karde and Car'das were both no longer young when they were telling the tale, and precise timings tend to slip a bit when old memories are involved.

6. Jedifirefly5

Jedifirefly5 Jedi Knight star 2

Sep 5, 2012
    I want him to stay a mystery. I am glad Yoda didn't care for droids.