main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Isard's successor?

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Behold_Galvatron, Jun 7, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Behold_Galvatron

Behold_Galvatron Jedi Youngling

May 7, 2005
    I've been reading the Rise of Isard X Wing Tradepaperbacks, (great stuff, really love Fel and Isard particularly) but I was wondering, did Imperial Intelligence ever recover from the leadership loss of Isard after her real death in Isard's Revenge (I assume she was still in nominal control of the organization or at least kept tabs on them during the Thrawn's return although I haven't read all the novels) and if so who was her sucessor? (seems like she'd be a hard act to follow)

2. Charlemagne19

Charlemagne19 Chosen One star 8

Jul 30, 2000
    No they didn't.

After Isard's death, the Intelligence Bureau was decapitated. There was no centralized head to it from near as we can tell.

3. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    The Ubiqtorate as an organization withers and never returns to its earlier efficiency. However, Imperial Intelligence still exists at least as far into Thrawn's campaigns in some form or another. It's likely that the body still exists, but the main head and infrastructure was lost with Isard's death, the loss of Imperial Center, and the disappearance of all of Isard's myriad agents and resources.

Zsinj also subsumed a fair bit of Imperial Intelligence in his little illegal fiefdom.

The Ubiqtorate as a group survived as far into the recapture of Imperial Center by Loyalist forces after Thrawn's death, since they were one of the parties that played kingmaker in the Imperial Mutiny. They likely suffered their final death with Byss, like pretty much everything else in the Empire.

4. Charlemagne19

Charlemagne19 Chosen One star 8

Jul 30, 2000
    I argue the Mutiny started after Palpatine's death and lasted until his return. Though civil war existed from the retaking of Coruscant, it was all throughout the Empire even during the height of the war with the New Republic.

5. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    I'm referring to events immediately after the recapture of Imperial Center. The time known as the Imperial Munity by those on the side of the Imperial Advisors, but also known as The Time of Destruction, the War of Purification, or the Imperial Civil War depending on which sort of partisan you were.

The warlordization of the Empire is distinctly different from these events. It was a mutiny so to speak, but it's not referred to as a specific event. :)

6. Knight1192

Knight1192 Jedi Knight star 6

Feb 5, 2000
    Isard did not die in Isard's Revenge despite what you think you see. Remember that she's told she'll be made a prisoner in the very ship she loved so dear with no one knowing she's there. Isard believes she's dieing, but then how often have we seen Corran believe the same thing only to see other wise. It's made pretty clear at the end of the book that she actually survived her "death" and is in the area of the ship where only droids are allowed to go.

7. Gladiuus

Gladiuus Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 20, 2003
    It's suggested-- hasn't been confirmed yet. Although Wessiri is very shifty about the whole thing.

8. Excellence

Excellence Jedi Knight star 7

Jul 28, 2002
    I must reread that last chapter and check NEGTC, Knight. I'm sure it says she's dead.

9. Kreuzader

Kreuzader Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 23, 2002
    Well, remember the Lusankya was sent on a suicide run into a Yuuzhan Vong worldship in the NJO, so either way she's dead now.

10. Pelranius

Pelranius Jedi Master star 5

Apr 25, 2003
    The Ubiqtorate was still running around as of HoT (they had their HQ at Yaga Minor). Though I don't know who was leading them or what happened to their efficiency at that point in the war.

11. Excellence

Excellence Jedi Knight star 7

Jul 28, 2002
    Having checked IR's last chapter . . . I believe you, Knight. Michael wrote two sentences too carefully, to keep her possibility alive.

12. GrandAdmiralJello

Nov 28, 2000
    There's no such thing as the Galactic Empire in HoT. Whatever organs the Remnant decides to make up for itself don't pertain to this discussion.

Remember, this is the same group that said moffs could appoint Grand Admirals. :)

13. jSarek

jSarek VIP star 4 VIP

Feb 18, 2005
    GrandAdmiralJello:

There's no such thing as the Galactic Empire in HoT. Whatever organs the Remnant decides to make up for itself don't pertain to this discussion.

I'd gotten the impression that they'd "inherited" many surving parts of the Empire, even if you don't consider them to *be* the Empire; among these were a number of Ubiqtorate bases that had been holed up on fortress worlds between the fall of Carivus and the reformation of the Remnant.

Remember, this is the same group that said moffs could appoint Grand Admirals.

And this is the country where President and Vice President are elected on the same ticket, so it can't be the United States. ;-)

14. Pelranius

Pelranius Jedi Master star 5

Apr 25, 2003
    Presumably the Ubiqtorate was still based at Yaga Minor during NJO (otherwise why would the Imps store bafforr pollen there?)

15. Darth_Kevin

Darth_Kevin Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 30, 2001
    Well, remember the Lusankya was sent on a suicide run into a Yuuzhan Vong worldship in the NJO, so either way she's dead now.

That depends on whether she was still imprisoned on the Lusankya at that time, or whether or not the suicide run gave her an opportunity to escape.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.