main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Island of Chaos Resurrected

Discussion in 'Fan Films, Fan Audio & SciFi 3D' started by PaJedi, Jan 26, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PaJedi

PaJedi Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 9, 2005
    So to speak. You see, I was part of a fan film called Island of Chaos: Jurassic Park. A member not too long ago PMed me saying that he remembered it. Well I thought I'd go ahead and post a test edit of the film. Very little effects, and the film was never truly completed as the ending was never filmed. But here it is. 'Subtitles' tell you where the effects would have gone.

Hope you like it.

2. Vigilante74

Vigilante74 Jedi Padawan star 4

May 13, 2004
    A link would be, you know, great. 8-}

3. Sith-Man

Sith-Man Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 19, 2004
    I agree. T'would be rather spiffy.

4. S-Slash

S-Slash Jedi Youngling

Mar 28, 2007
  5. PaJedi

Feb 9, 2005
  6. PaJedi

Feb 9, 2005
    bump. And I hope you all like what was filmed.

7. Dr-Carnivora

Dr-Carnivora Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 4, 2005
    Wow. That was awesome! You guys should definitely shoot the ending to this.

8. jackdelamare4

jackdelamare4 Jedi Youngling

Dec 16, 2007
    Hello all, I'm that guy who asked about the film :). I talked to Paul O Brian (the film director) and he did upload some test edits, they are great so far.
    Thanks for bringing up Prime Survival - it's my movie :D. Still filming, about 70% completed and then we get down to editing. The CGI is having some major work done, we are having loads of problems which sucks. If anybody is interested in animating, using Bruno's CGI pack of dinosaurs (I have them) I would love to be in contact.
    Wow, it's nice to see someone bring up my fan film thanks guys!

9. S-Slash

S-Slash Jedi Youngling

Mar 28, 2007
    It's Dinoslayer.

I've offered to try some animating for Jack's models but most of the animation will be made by another artist. It remains to be seen whether it all gets made in time as Jack's been having some trouble contacting her. That's the problem in internet co-operating, sadly. But the film will be finished.

10. jackdelamare4

jackdelamare4 Jedi Youngling

Dec 16, 2007
    Hey dinoslayer! You're on every forum :).

I must mention that this guy wrote the script and when I read it I was shocked, it was excellent! What dinoslayer has done with the CGI rocks so far but it's too much work for one guy and he is having troubles with parts of it.
    Anybody interested?

Thanks.

11. S-Slash

S-Slash Jedi Youngling

Mar 28, 2007
    Yes, some of the models have so high polygon count that rigging alone becomes a nightmare. I'm certain that I'll get to work with Jack's Raptor model more, though.

12. Littlekeith

Littlekeith Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 30, 2008
    Oh my god

I remember seeing this YEARS ago. I was the biggest Jurassic Park fan when I was little... I actually still have the poster for this somewhere in my stack of jurassic park related printings (I used to hang out in a library that didn't charge for printing) Nice to see it brought back.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.