main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Isn't Anakin stronger than Yoda??

Discussion in 'Archive: Attack of the Clones' started by NodNarbOen, Mar 23, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MobartZmuda

MobartZmuda Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 3, 2002
    In my opinion, Luke's willpower is not really as great as some people make it out to be. In ROTJ, at the mere mention by Vader of going after Leia, Luke flips out and nearly kills Vader before coming to his senses. But what would happen if Leia was killed by Vader? I think perhaps we would have a new sith apprentice.

I know that someone might bring up the point that Luke didn't flip out after Uncle Owen and Aunt Beru were killed, but he didn't really have any other options. He had basically no force powers at the time or at least no control over them, so he literally couldn't go darkside. I think if he were already being trained as a jedi and then Owen and Beru died he might have taken the same path as his father.

2. PMT99

PMT99 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 23, 2000
    DarthSkywalker3-

I watched the movies and when Luke asked if the Dark Side was strong, Yoda said no but its quicker, easier, and more seductive, that seem to indicate that the lightside was stronger but I agree that the Jedi only took out 1 Sith while said Sith and 3 others took out all 9,999 jedi.

When I say Anakin didn't give Dooku a better fight, I mean that he did nothing that could have given him the upper hand and the fight itself was short just like the Obi-wan duel. If there was any additional footage to the fight scene, it should have been left in the final print but as it is, it's not in the film so it isn't canon.

Obi-wan doesn't have any bonding connection to Jango like Anakin has with his mother because Obi-wan knows nothing about Jango which would give him a bead on where to sense him even when he's on the same planet as Jango.

If you believe Obi-wan won't win against Anakin, then why is it that Anakin is the one who is a crippled cyborg and not Obi-wan?
    I don't believe there's gonna be any freak accidents and the way we saw them fight in ANH, they were evenly matched up until the end when Obi-wan let Vader kill him.

I concede that when Vader fought Luke the first time that he was toying with him but the only reason he beat Luke is because he was using his strength and brutality to gain control.

He doesn't have the flexibility, speed, or the agility to keep up with Luke since he is crippled and most of his body is metallic. I still don't believe that Vader went easy on Luke the second time they fought because Luke was the one who keeps turning off his saber and refusing to fight but what does Vader do? He forces Luke to continue to fight by trying to strike him down.

I know that Vader kills Sidious in the end but before the rematch started, Luke tried to kill Sidious but Vader stopped him.

Melancholy-

I'm not replying to you anymore since you won't listen to a word I'm saying and that you want to resort to petty insults as a way to prove your right.

3. haakun

haakun Jedi Master star 4

Jan 13, 2002
    I'm glad that the most of people in here agreed with Melancholy and me.

EDIT: And it must be a lightening for Melancholy. :D

4. Melancholy

Melancholy Jedi Master star 4

Feb 19, 2002
    That is a pretty good Episode III story, but this is the AOTC Forum. - One-With-The-Force

I think we just found PMT99?s long lost twin.

---------------------------------------

Luke is in every single way inferior to the father. - Melancholy

I do not feel that Luke is inferior to his father in every possible way. It is obvious that Anakin, being the Chosen One, is far more powerful than his son in the ways of the Force. However, Luke does seem to have more willpower and perseverance than his father. After all, Luke succeeded in staying true to the Light Side of the Force while his father failed and was seduced by the temptations of the Dark Side.

As I said before, just one of my thoughts - YodaJediMaster12

You are absolutely right. 100%. I definitely overstepped it there. ?Every single way? was too much. In that aspect, Luke does succeed where his father failed. Luke is a hero. There is no doubting that.

-----------------------------------------

Wow Melancholy!!! Great post! - rhonderoo

Thanks.

(Don't see how it has anything to do with Ep III ?!? I thought it was clearly about Yoda, Anakin and Luke...)

Hmm?I know. But then again, it takes all kinds. Thanks for the back-up.

------------------------------------------

In my opinion, Luke's willpower is not really as great as some people make it out to be. In ROTJ, at the mere mention by Vader of going after Leia, Luke flips out ? MobartZmuda

He is tempted but never goes. He is violent but does not kill. You can?t ask for any more than that.

Leia is Luke?s "Achilles? heel" in the way that I think Padme is Anakin?s.

Melancholy-

I'm not replying to you anymore since you won't listen to a word I'm saying and that you want to resort to petty insults as a way to prove your right. ? PMT99

I listen to everything you say. That is the problem. You just flipped out some more ?doozies? in your response to DarthSkywalker3?s post.

As an example?

I concede that when Vader fought Luke the first time that he was toying with him but the only reason he beat Luke is because he was using his strength and brutality to gain control. ? PMT99

Does this sentence even make the slightest amount of sense???

and that you want to resort to petty insults as a way to prove your right. ? PMT99

Petty insults?

I think it was you first, don?t you?

Please don't make me have to read twenty-one pages of posts. To be honest, my heart wouldn't be in it.

5. Melancholy

Feb 19, 2002
    I'm glad that the most of people in here agreed with Melancholy and me.

EDIT: And it must be a lightening for Melancholy. -haakun

:D But honestly, I always thought that this stuff was pretty cut and dried. I don't think that Lucas was hoping for a hundred different interpretations. I really don't.

6. DarthSkywalker3

DarthSkywalker3 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 30, 2002
    To PMT99
    I am sorry if I made any insult to you.

You make some good points but i think you are forgetting that both Yoda is somewhat crippled yet he moves pretty well.

Also do you really believe that Sidious didn't know Vader would stop Luke's blade. The whole plan was to get Luke angry. And besides Sidious probaly could have blocked it somehow.

To Melancholy
    you are right on most points but even if PMT99 started (which i don't know) with you just try to chill.

7. Jedi_master_Plo_koon

Jedi_master_Plo_koon Jedi Youngling

Aug 12, 2002
    Master yoda have train jedis in 800 years
    so hes stronger.

8. LordRaceR

LordRaceR Jedi Youngling

Aug 26, 2002
    No, he isn?t. I think that Anakin isn?t that powerful that all think. On the light side he is pretty weak compared to Yoda or Obi Wan. Only with the power of the Dark side, Anakin become powerful. To put it simply, on the TPM space ship take a heavy damage so the medichlorian count of Anakin is wrongly detected.

9. The_Abstract

The_Abstract Jedi Master star 4

Jul 16, 2002
    "To put it simply, on the TPM space ship take a heavy damage so the medichlorian count of Anakin is wrongly detected."

Oh yeah, I remember George Lucas saying this on the TPM DVD commentary. ;)

Nice theory, but let's see some proof.

10. PMT99

Nov 23, 2000
    Melancholy-

"I concede that when Vader fought Luke the first time that he was toying with him but the only reason he beat Luke is because he was using his strength and brutality to gain control.-PMT99

Does this sentence even make the slightest amount of sense???"

What are you talking about?
    If you don't understand what the sentence is saying, then I feel sorry for you.

"Petty insults?

I believe it was you first, don't you?"

I didn't start this bitchfest, you did by making the kind of statements like the one I quoted above. I try to respond to this thread and you pull this "I don't know a word your saying" crap and that just angers me that you do that everytime you reply back to me.

I feel like not replying to you because of this.

DarthSkywalker3-

Besides having Vader to watch his back, what else does Sidious have that he can use to block Luke's blade?

Sidious doesn't have any weapons on him, which he said so himself when he told Luke, "I am unarmed" and "I am defenseless".

11. haakun

Jan 13, 2002
    Melancholy, it is time for you to ignore PMT99. If this guy don't even care about Lucas' words, there is nothing you can do to make him understand what it is pretty evident. He only sees what he wants to see.
    Since Lucas has said Vader is more powerfull than his son there's no need to continue with this issue.

12. PMT99

Nov 23, 2000
    If Vader was more powerful than Luke, he wouldn't have lost in ROTJ and I don't wanna hear that "but he couldn't bring himself to kill Luke" crap because if that were the case, then he shouldn't have thought about going into lightsaber combat with Luke.

13. DarthSkywalker3

Jan 30, 2002
    PMT99
    Vader was forced into combat with Luke by the Emperor. What do you think Vader wouldn't be introuble for not blocking the saber.

Also Sidious could have used Force Lighting, Telekensis, could have had a force field on his chair, or used the same thing Vader and Yoda used to block the the pistol shots and the force lighting.

14. Gash9112

Gash9112 Jedi Youngling

Sep 7, 2002
    Palpatine is the strongest, yoda cant even defeat dooku yet dooku is still apprentice to papltine, yoda would have been destroyed if he fought with palpatine. We finally saw some of yodas true power in AOTC ,my hope is we see palpatines true power in episode 3 , perhaps by destroying the jedi temple using the force ( my uncles theory) and i completely agree with him. palapine is the strongest. how else do you think he transforms the republic into the empire and kills all the jedi and why would the great yoda have to hide on dagoba from palpatine

15. haakun

Jan 13, 2002
    DarthSkywalker3: I suggest you the same I suggested to Melancholy in my earlier post. Don't waste your time.

16. Melancholy

Feb 19, 2002
    Haakun,

I think I am really starting to agree with this assessment.

But I am going to give it one more try. Wish me luck...

------------------------------------

"I concede that when Vader fought Luke the first time that he was toying with him but the only reason he beat Luke is because he was using his strength and brutality to gain control.-PMT99

Does this sentence even make the slightest amount of sense???" -Melancholy

What are you talking about?
    If you don't understand what the sentence is saying, then I feel sorry for you.-PMT99

Don?t feel sorry for me, nobody here knows what this sentence means.

The only reason he beat Luke is by strength and brutality?

Now there is a system by which one has to win?

Dooku fights a lot different than Maul and yet they both seem to get the job done. Maul killed Jinn and he had Kenobi. He let Kenobi off the hook by not finishing him when he had the chance. Don't get me wrong, I like Obi-Wan. But, a simple Force-push down the pit would have been the end of him.

Dooku beat Obi-Wan and Anakin and held his own with Yoda. Yet, he fought a completely different style than Maul did. See the point? Nothing you say makes the slightest amount of sense.

First, you say Vader is weak, crippled and slow. Now, he?s strong and brutish??? Can you not see that you are ?all over the map? in your attempt to paint Luke as something he is not? For God sake, even the creator (Lucas) doesn?t agree with you.

Sidious doesn't have any weapons on him, which he said so himself when he told Luke, "I am unarmed" and "I am defenseless".-PMT99

You have to be kidding me. He wants Luke to try. He needs Luke to fight. He needs Luke to become violent in order to be tempted by the Dark Side.

"Anger, fear...agression(Luke attacking Palpatine)the Dark Side are they." "Easily they flow, quick to join you in a fight." "But for once you start down the dark path, forever will it dominate your destiny...consume you, it will." "As it did Obi-Wan's apprentice." - Yoda to Luke in ESB.

I can't make it any plainer.

He knows Vader will protect him. Even if he didn?t, Palpatine still has ample ability to counter the blow.

DarthSkywalker3 gave terrific replies to what Palpatine could do so I won?t bother rehashing.

don't wanna hear that "but he couldn't bring himself to kill Luke" crap because if that were the case, then he shouldn't have thought about going into lightsaber combat with Luke.-PMT99

They are both conflicted about fighting. Luke doesn?t want it to come to that. Luke just wants his father to??listen to his heart?. Give Luke some credit. He can ?feel? what the father is feeling. Vader cannot hide it from him. That?s the whole point! I can?t make it any clearer or easier than that. I don?t know what you want to hear? His anger over Palpatine?s brilliant trap for the rebels is what sets him (Luke) off.

Wake up and smell the coffee.

17. Melancholy

Feb 19, 2002
    To put it simply, on the TPM space ship take a heavy damage so the midichlorian count of Anakin is wrongly detected.-LordRaceR

I sincerely hope you are kidding with this one.

-------------------------------------------

Palpatine is the strongest, Yoda can?t even defeat Dooku yet Dooku is still apprentice to Palpatine. - Gash9112

Although I agree that Palpatine is stronger than Dooku (Remember, he taught Dooku all he knows about the Dark Side in terms of new skills), this doesn?t have to be the case.

Anakin is already superior to Obi-Wan in strength and skill. That is why I believe that it will be Anakin?s arrogance and overconfidence (like Maul in TPM) that will cost him dearly. My point is that one can be the apprentice and succeed the Master.

Yoda would have been destroyed if he fought with Palpatine.

?Do not underestimate the powers of the Emperor or suffer your father?s fate (meaning Anakin being turned to the Dark Side) you will? ?Yoda to Luke in ROTJ.

I am probably one of the few who would agree with this. I do think he is stronger than Yoda.

My hope is we see Palpatine?s true power in episode 3.

If you mean lightsaber, I would say no?but you never know. It might be cool to see him and Yoda go at it a little bit.

His power is behind the scenes. He is a master manipulator. He gets people to want to give him power. He makes them believe. He manipulates organizations and people like the Trade Federation and Padme. I laugh when idiots say that TPM had no story or that they hate the title. First, the story is finding Anakin. Simple enough. But, the other big part is Palpatine pulling strings till he becomes Supreme Chancellor. Up the ladder, he climbs?

That is why it is called the ?Phantom Menace?. He (Palpatine) is the phantom, the ?unseen? menace behind the scenes pulling strings, causing trouble. By the time the Jedi see it, it is too late. Once he has Anakin, he is unstoppable.

He tricks the Trade Federation into blockading Naboo. They do it for money, plain and simple. They are upset that trade routes (supplies from Republic planets exchanged/bought/sold between members) are going to be taxed. They blockade hoping to get the Republic to change its mind.

But why Naboo? See, Qui-Gon was starting to figure it out.

?There is no logic to the Federation?s move here.? ?Qui-Gon to Queen in TPM.

See, that is what Lucas tries to show. If Jinn had lived, maybe this wouldn?t have happened?maybe it still would. The point is that we never know. Jinn was actually one of the great, great Jedi Masters. His head was not in the sand like a lot of the others. The longer this goes?the greater he will seem.

Why Naboo? Because he is from there and is her (Padme?s) planet representative! (Senator)

By using the Trade Federation to blockade, he can get her to either sign the treaty (I will explain this if anyone wants to know, just reply and let me know) or better yet, get her to come to Coruscant. Then, he can get her to help him get rid of Chancellor Valorum. By convincing her (a planet's ruler) to call for a ?No confidence? vote, he knows Valorum will be gone.

For many months, and maybe years, he has been ?pressing palms?, ?kissing bootie? and ?drumming up? support so that when the moment came, he knew he had enough support to win the emergency election.

Mission:ACCOMPLISHED. Trade Federation: For now, useless. They served their purpose. He has to cut ties with them. They are beaten (battle of Naboo) and thus "left hanging". Deal with them down the road through new apprentice (Dooku). They (Trade Federation) never have to know that the two (Dooku/Palpatine) are in cahoots. Make sure Gunray stays Viceroy. Pull strings?secretly.(courts)

Palpatine is the strongest. How else do you think he transforms the Republic into the Empire and kills all the Jedi and why would the great Yoda have to hide on Degobah from Palpatine -Gash9112

You are right about him transforming the Republic.

Jedi die in the Clone Wars and Anakin finishes them of

18. DarthSkywalker3

Jan 30, 2002
    Thanks Melancholy.

19. yerykenobi

yerykenobi Jedi Master star 4

Jun 13, 2002
    If Vader was more powerful than Luke, he wouldn't have lost in ROTJ and I don't wanna hear that "but he couldn't bring himself to kill Luke" crap because if that were the case, then he shouldn't have thought about going into lightsaber combat with Luke.

BUT HE COULDN´T BRING HIMSELF TO KILL LUKE

Vader is more powerful then Luke, you must see it.

20. Padawan92

Padawan92 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 22, 2001
    Anakin would be stronger if he trained like a normal one. it would be like being able to become a genius but not working at it.

21. PMT99

Nov 23, 2000
    "Don't feel sorry for me, nobody here knows what this sentence means."

DarthSkywalker3 seems to know what the sentence means so that makes you the only one that doesn't know.

"Dooku beat Obi-wan and Anakin and he held his own with Yoda. Yet, he fought a completely different style than Maul. See the point? Nothing you say makes the slightest amount of sense."

Not to you but to everyone else, it does because if you read the first few pages of this thread, they don't believe that Dooku held his own against Yoda because neither they nor myself considers dropping a huge pillar on 2 wounded jedi as an attempt to escape as holding your own.

It's more like chickening out of a fight because Dooku realises that he's about to lose to a 2 ft. tall green midget.

"First, you say Vader is weak, crippled, and slow. Now, he's strong and brutish??? Can you not see you are "all over the map" in your attempt to paint Luke as something he's not?"

First of all, i'm not making Luke as something he's not so I'd be careful with my assumptions of what others are thinking if I were you.

Second, You should pay attention because I'm only going to say this once.

I said that Vader is weak, crippled, and slow because his cybernetic body parts are limiting his movements making it impossible for him to move any faster, his agility is diminished, and his physical reflexes are frozen by both his breathing apparatus suit and his cybernetic components.

The only things he have that are not limited by his suit are his strength and his brutality and that's what he relies on to gain command of the Empire and on his fight against Luke Skywalker.

"You have got to be kidding me. He wants Luke to try. He needs Luke to fight. He needs Luke to become violent in order to be tempted by the Dark Side."

And he does this by allowing Luke the opportunity to kill him.

"He knows Vader will protect him. Even if he didn't, he still has ample ability to counter the blow."

With what?

He's got nothing and his force lightning won't save him because Luke will use his lightsaber to shield himself from the Emperor's lightning just like Obi-wan did with Dooku's.

"They were both conflicted about fighting."

Again, I see no indication from Vader that he was conflicted until the scene where the Emperor is frying Luke.

DarthSkywalker3-

Yoda only repelled the force lightning back to Dooku and Vader's hand was metallic which makes it easy for him to block Han's pistol shots whereas I don't see any other jedi doing what Vader did when they were being shot at.

I'm not sure if Sidious has a force field in his chair since Lucas never told us such a thing.

"BUT HE COULDN'T BRING HIMSELF TO KILL LUKE!"

Just like he couldn't bring himself to ignite his lightsaber so he can fight Luke?

Yeah, right.

If you watch Highlander: Endgame where Duncan is forced to fight Conner, that movie gave a clear indication that Duncan couldn't bring himself to kill Conner until Conner talked him into it so the same thing should have happened in ROTJ because if Vader didn't want to kill Luke, then he should be doing what Luke did which is shutting off his saber and annouce that he won't fight anymore.

It was made clear in ESB but NOT in ROTJ.

22. yerykenobi

yerykenobi Jedi Master star 4

Jun 13, 2002
    I said that Vader is weak, crippled, and slow because his cybernetic body parts are limiting his movements making it impossible for him to move any faster, his agility is diminished, and his physical reflexes are frozen by both his breathing apparatus suit and his cybernetic components.

The problem is that Vader isn´t weak.

He's got nothing and his force lightning won't save him because Luke will use his lightsaber to shield himself from the Emperor's lightning just like Obi-wan did with Dooku's.

I don´t think that the force lightning of Dooku was as powerful like the force lightning of Palpatine.

Again, I see no indication from Vader that he was conflicted until the scene where the Emperor is frying Luke.

The first time i saw the conflict of Vader was in the scene of the Super Star Destroyer. When Luke says "Vader is in that Ship"

If you watch Highlander: Endgame where Duncan is forced to fight Conner, that movie gave a clear indication that Duncan couldn't bring himself to kill Conner until Conner talked him into it so the same thing should have happened in ROTJ because if Vader didn't want to kill Luke, then he should be doing what Luke did which is shutting off his saber and annouce that he won't fight anymore

Highlander:Endgame? Are you trying to explain the conflict between Vader and Luke with that film?

Sorry, but i think that Luke is a real hero, but he isn´t stronger than Vader. For me it is clear in ANH in ESB and in ROTJ.

23. Obi-Can

Obi-Can Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 29, 2002
    IMO, at this point pretty much everyone is stronger than Anakin. Yoda, Obi-Wan, Dooku, Sidious, Mace etc... However, we'll have to wait and see what Ep III brings.

I think that's why Anakin turns to the dark side to gain the power that he craves.

I don't think DV is as strong as Yoda or Obi-Wan. I think Obi-Wan and he are pretty evenly matched at the end. Obi-Wan seemed stronger in the force, but DV seemed more agile and physically powerful. Luke is not as strong as DV, no where near.

Good argument.

24. DarthSkywalker3

Jan 30, 2002
    PMT99
    Sidious lighting is like a hundred times better then Dooku. So for Dooku can only use one hand and it does not spread like Sidious. Also Sidious is much stronger then Luke. All he would have to do is uses the lighting then telekinesis to throw him across the room.

Also Vader used the force to block the blaster shots. Vader's glover is not really armor. Also it can't be his robotic arm because we have already seen Luke's get pretty badly injuried. Don't forget that Vader has in every movie that he is very good at using Telekinesis.

What Yoda could be have been done to Luke cause all he had to do is repell the saber.

25. Melancholy

Feb 19, 2002
    DarthSkywalker3 seems to know what the sentence means so that makes you the only one that doesn't know.-PMT99

He does?

They don't believe that Dooku held his own against Yoda because neither they nor myself considers dropping a huge pillar on 2 wounded jedi as an attempt to escape as holding your own.

Not only did he hold his own, he gained Yoda's respect.

"Fought well you have, my old padawan." -Yoda

Again, I'll take Yoda's word over yours anyday.

---------------------------------------

"First, you say Vader is weak, crippled, and slow. Now, he's strong and brutish??? Can you not see you are "all over the map" in your attempt to paint Luke as something he's not?" -Melancholy

First of all, i'm not making Luke as something he's not so I'd be careful with my assumptions of what others are thinking if I were you.

Are you supposed to be scaring me? It's not working.

Second, You should pay attention because I'm only going to say this once.

Please stop! You are killing us all.

"You have got to be kidding me. He wants Luke to try. He needs Luke to fight. He needs Luke to become violent in order to be tempted by the Dark Side." -Melancholy

And he does this by allowing Luke the opportunity to kill him?

Not kill him. Fight him. To get Luke to solve his problems using violence (i.e. The Dark Side). Get it???

"He knows Vader will protect him. Even if he didn't, he still has ample ability to counter the blow." -Melancholy

With what?

With everything DarthSkywalker3 said. You should listen to him. He knows way more than you.

How in the hell do you know what Luke will do? My God, you are a nut!

What do the words "slow" and "blindness" mean to you?

If you watch Highlander: Endgame where Duncan is forced to fight Conner, that movie gave a clear indication that Duncan couldn't bring himself to kill Conner until Conner talked him into it so the same thing should have happened in ROTJ because if Vader didn't want to kill Luke, then he should be doing what Luke did which is shutting off his saber and annouce that he won't fight anymore.

That's your argument. A God-awful Highlander movie? Maybe you should stick to those. It is obvious that Star Wars is a little out of your league.

Haakun is right. Your not worth it. Poor DarthSkywalker3. Now, he is having to deal with your nonsense.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.