main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Isn't it about time the Ewok Movies came out on DVD?

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by BobaFrank, Jul 7, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BobaFrank

BobaFrank Jedi Youngling star 5

Jul 17, 2001
    I hope they do soon, because my VHS tapes are old and I heard you can't get them anymore on VHS.

P.S. I'm only referring to The Ewok Adventure(Caravan of Courage) and Ewoks:The Battle for Endor.

2. YodaJeff

YodaJeff Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 18, 2001
    I seem to remember reading a quote from McCallum that said that hopefully the Ewoks movies will be released on DVD. I'd bet on a post-Episode 3 release.

3. BobaFrank

Jul 17, 2001
    That long huh. Well maybe they'll do it before then. :)

4. Myaha

Myaha Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 24, 2002
    oh yes... Ewoks on DVD would be great!
    I grew up with the adventures of the Towani brats and Wicket and my Ewok video tape is like watching a snow storm on Hoth *sigh*

let us all hope that we get them right after the classic release on DVD (and maybe the cartoon show, too...please?) :)

5. BobaFrank

Jul 17, 2001
    If they put the cartoons on dvd I think they should keep it separate from the movies. Put the Droids and Ewoks cartoons together.

The movies are separate entities unto themselves and deserve the distinction.

I just wish they'd come out soon. :(

6. Myaha

Sep 24, 2002
    of course seperated... didn't want to sound like I want them mixed. A nice Caravan of Courage / Battle for Endor box set and the same for the Ewok series and the Droid series (and than the Clone Wars series, of course ;))

7. Blur

Blur Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 11, 1999

This would be great to see. DVD is a much superior format to VHS, in every way - I also liked the Ewok movies, especially the second one, which was much darker than the first.

8. WormieSaber

WormieSaber Jedi Master star 5

Oct 22, 2000
    I love these movies. Not the greatest plot-lines in themselves, but you know, it's still SW. yes, bring them out on DVD. The Ewoks are soooo cute. I've always wanted one. :)

9. Blackout

Blackout Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 7, 2000
    Yeah, I reckon you're looking at 2007 at least. I figure (in another thread for the most part) that the marketing campaign will go something like:
    Winter/Christmas releases:-
    2003: Clone Wars on Cartoon Network
    2004: Clone Wars on DVD - both "seasons"
    2005: Episode III DVD
    2006: Classic Trilogy DVD
    2007+: Whatever GL can drag up to make him more money

Sounds cynical I know, but look at his track record of releasing the CT on VHS every 2-3 years since 1988.
    And yes, of course I'll buy the Ewoks movies on DVD ;) :D

B.
    {||||| ?||} -----------------------------

10. Goo_Child

Goo_Child Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 31, 2002
    I was just thinking about this today in my car. I love both of these movies. It also adds a lot to the EU readers, the bad chick in the second one was a NightSister I think.

11. Myaha

Sep 24, 2002
    yep, she's a Nightsister from Dathomir

12. JediMasterGuff

JediMasterGuff Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 18, 2002
    I don't think we'll be seeing OT on DVD til '07, thats the 30th aniversary.

13. Blackout

Blackout Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 7, 2000
    Hmmm fair enuff Guff, that hadn't crossed my mind. I reckon we won't see any classic EU stuff until well after that though.

{||||| ?||} -----------------------------

14. suineme

suineme Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 11, 2000
    Am I the only one who thought those were unwatchable? I was REALLY excited when I was a kid, when those came out. I was 9 when ROTJ was in theaters so that would make me like, what, 11 at the time? Anyway, I thought they were really boring then and I cant imagine thinking they are cool now. But in spite of that, I would like to see it on DVD.

Edit- I only saw one about these two dopey kids, was that the first one? Maybe they got better than that. I was hoping to see something related to star wars in there, which is probably why i thought it was so boring. I remember thinking at the time that there aren't any spaceships, etc. Maybe i didnt watch enough of it to see how good it was.

15. Spacehunter24

Spacehunter24 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 2, 2003
    The two kids are in the first one. The little girl returns in the second, which I've never seen. We recorded the first ones during it's original premiere, so I've had that one on tape for years. But for some reason, I never got to see THE BATTLE FOR ENDOR, which I've heard is better than the first, but I can't even find it for rent anywhere.

16. BobaFrank

Jul 17, 2001
    Battle for Endor is better. I believe they're out of print. You may have luck looking in comic and collector stores that sell new and used DVDs and VHS movies.

Half my DVD collection is from those kind of stores.

17. Zethlin_Maximus

Zethlin_Maximus Jedi Youngling star 4

May 31, 2003
    Isn't it about time the Ewok Movies came out on DVD?
    NO!

18. LawgSkrak

LawgSkrak Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 23, 1999
    YES!!!! Battle for Endor ROCKED! Lots of battles, humour, and TEEK! that guy was hilarious.

I liked the first one as well, but the action and everything is way better in BfE. Plus no Burl Ives narration.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.