main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Israel and Palestine: Abandoning God One Bullet at a Time

Discussion in 'Archive: The Senate Floor' started by MrEmh, Feb 4, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TeeBee

TeeBee Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 2, 2002
    How did you know I was second guessing my post? ;)

I was trying to remember if I had it right, that the PLO was founded in '64 or if Arafat took control of it then. I didn't get a chance to look far, but found two sources that conflict, one saying he came into power in '64, and one in '69. The '64 one says:

"The seeds of the PLO (Palestine Liberation Organization) were first sown in 1956 by an Egyptian, Ahmed Shukairy. He was the guiding light of this terror group and is remembered today as the one who coined the organization's famous slogan about "driving the Jews into the sea." Yasser Arafat took control of the PLO in 1964."

The other says:

"Arafat, Yasir
    1929-, Palestinian commando and political leader; b. Cairo. Head of the guerrilla group Al Fatah, he became (1969) leader of the PALESTINE LIBERATION ORGANIZATION (PLO)."

?[face_plain]

2. Darth_AYBABTU

Darth_AYBABTU Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 8, 2001

Ehh... it's all semantics.

At least we know more about it than lav does.

AYBABTU?

3. lavjoricso

lavjoricso Force Ghost star 4

May 25, 2001
    LOL [face_laugh]

you've just made my day....

LOL [face_laugh] !!!

4. TeeBee

Apr 2, 2002
    Well, it seems I have a project to research then, as I hate conflicting info.

But it'll have to be later, with my own personal library. Google is obviously too hit-or-miss to waste time with while I'm supposed to be working. [face_mischief]

5. Darth_AYBABTU

Mar 8, 2001

Here are some excerpts from his bio from the Nobel site (emphasis added) --
    In Cairo, before he was seventeen Arafat was smuggling arms to Palestine to be used against the British and the Jews.
    At the end of 1964 Arafat left Kuwait to become a full-time revolutionary, organising Fatah raids into Israel from Jordan.

So... he was smuggling arms to kill Jews even before Israel was granted statehood., and he was organizing terrorist attacks even before Israel occupied the West Bank. Yikes... and this is from the people that gave him a freakin' peace prize!

But all that won't matter to people like lav.

AYBABTU?

6. Lordban

Lordban Isildur's Bane star 7

Nov 9, 2000
    Find a few highlights on the problem of those times back on top of this page.

7. Genghis12

Genghis12 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 18, 1999
    You have to remember that Arab and Palestinians generally had an interest in eradicating the state of Israel from the face of this planet since its creation in 1948. That's the whole reason they banded together at the State-level with Palestinians in 1948 to destroy Israel, and on num

That was the majority opinion at the time which held by the Palestinians as well as the Arab states neighboring Israel. That was the core foundation Arafat was raised upon and certainly put into confirmed practice since his early adulthood, long before Israel occupied the "occupied territories."

The fact is, Arafat has wished to see the state of Israel gone ever since he had any prominence in Palestinian politics, and it's been a goal which has formed much of his policy for many many years.

8. lavjoricso

May 25, 2001
    LOL,

im aware of Arafats past,thats why i refer to him as an A******.
    When are you going to post about Sharon and all the deaths he has cause in his past ?

I suggest you but your dummy pack in your mouth Aybabtu ,before you start with the childish name calling.

sad man !!!

9. Darth_AYBABTU

Mar 8, 2001

**psst**

What are you talking about? You're the one that said I was talking out of my ass, and completely out of the blue. I hadn't even addressed you. Are you reading the same thread that I am? Yet again, you're way off base. Keep up the good work!

AYBABTU?

10. lavjoricso

May 25, 2001
    I didn't say you were talking out of your ***.I said you must have your head up your *** if you cannot see what Sharon is doing to Israel.

Have i said that i support or agree with Arafat?

My point.Sharon is not acting in the best interests of Israel.As much as former leaders have not liked Arafat they have been willing to talk to the guy and work at peace.Sharon won't.He is happy to attack the Palestinians,destroy property and ignore or think he doesn't have to listen to the EU,even their closest friend America.

He has blackened Israels reputation and has turned alot of international opinion against Israel.Do Israelis deserve this ?

Even some of his own people want him out.You look at the respect Israel had before he came to power,and look at the opinions now.

It's not a coincidence,it's down to him.Attacks on Jews have risen since Sharon has been in office,and increased here since the Jenin affair.

Again,i don't think this is a coincidence.He is damaging Israel and Jews.

Im sorry that you don't see this,thats all !!!

11. Genghis12

Nov 18, 1999
    Calm down guys.

12. Darth_AYBABTU

Mar 8, 2001

Anti-Semitism didn't start when Sharon's party was elected. The entifada didn't start when Sharon's party was elected. I've shown you that Arafat in particular has hated Israel since he was a boy. Sharon wasn't in power then. Guess what. Arafat isn't even from "Palestine" (which was always part of Jordan, until the Arab defeat in the Six Day War.) He was born and raised in Egypt. He didn't even grow up living the "plight of the Palestinians." He just hates Israel. Period. I don't know why you can't see that. Did the Palestinians not lose just a bit of credibility with you when they were claiming that 15,000 were slaughtered in Jenin? Of course, as soon as people actually started surveying the area they had to "adjust" their estimate to 56. Yet you continue to drone on incessantly as if the leadership of the PA are people who can be trusted. Give me a break.

AYBABTU?

13. lavjoricso

May 25, 2001
    Don't worry Gen,i'm calm :) !!!

EDIT- I give up,you just carn't see where i'm coming from Aybabtu !!!

14. GeistDesFritz

GeistDesFritz Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 25, 2002
    I really have no idea why these peace talks involve Arafat. He can't stop the violence, he's already proven he can't. Either that or he's just plain unwilling to lift a finger to stop it. It's foolish to negotiate a peace with a person like that.

15. Genghis12

Nov 18, 1999
    But, it's impossible to negotiate with anyone other than the representative the group has put forward.

Until the Palestinians choose another representative (by whatever method), you must deal with the one they chose if you want any legitimacy.

Israel, for example, can pay some arbitrary Palestinian $50,000 to become the "de facto Palestinian Representative," have him sign away all of the territory and accept becoming slaves to Israel. It doesn't make it legitimate.

Only true negotiation between the true parties can bring a true peace. Israel can't just through in some guy they like to negotiate with.

They have to deal with Arafat because Arafat is the one to deal with.

It would be like China going to the U.S. going "I don't like President Bush, I'm going to deal directly with that Al Gore guy instead." It doesn't mean anything unless you're dealing with the true representative of the people. Arafat is that representative, like it or not.

16. Lordban

Lordban Isildur's Bane star 7

Nov 9, 2000
    Wow, I'm actually agreeing with Genghis in this thread ! ;)

17. Genghis12

Nov 18, 1999
    :eek: Quick, someone check to make sure the Jews haven't just rebuilt the Temple and opened up the Ark!

18. Darth_Dagsy

Darth_Dagsy Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 18, 2000
    Another Suicide bombing

At least 16 people have been killed in what appears to have been a suicide bomb attack on a crowded social club on the southern outskirts of Tel Aviv.
    More than 50 people have also been injured in the attack, which happened at 2303 (2003 GMT) in the town of Rishon Letzion. Twenty remain in a critical condition.

The blast occurred shortly after Israeli Prime Minister Ariel Sharon began meeting with US President George W Bush in Washington.

Mr Bush said he was sending CIA director George Tenet to the Middle East to help build a unified Palestinian security force, to fight terrorism.

The blast caused a ceiling in the building to collapse on top of people in a banquet hall on an adjoining floor, said Yeruham Mandola, a spokesman with the Israeli ambulance service.

"Some of the wounded are trapped in the building," Mr Mandola said. An Israeli woman said she was on her way home when she heard a "huge explosion".

"I turned the corner and I saw the whole building go up before my eyes, " she said.

David Baker, an official at the Prime Minister's office called it "another murderous attack against Israelis".

"It is clear that the Palestinian Authority has not given up its terror actions and has not has not given up its murderous path," he said.

At their meeting in Washington, Mr Bush said that the Palestinian people needed help if they were to create a state for themselves.

Ariel Sharon said that talk of a Palestinian state was premature without any progress on peace.

But both men agreed that reform in Palestinian Authority was necessary.

19. TeeBee

Apr 2, 2002
    [sarcasm]Oh come now... I'm sure no harm was intended. It was probably just their funny little way of celebrating the release of their fearless leader, you know.. like fireworks on the 4th.[/sarcasm]

[face_plain]

I saw the interview with Arafat tonight, where he denounced terrorism in Arabic. Yay. Now what would be nice if if he would do it on PA controlled TV, about a hundred times over to make up for the 'send YOUR child out to die a martyr' commercials they've been running for the past year.

You know, what gets to me every time I see him speak is that he acts like a petulant child. Shakes his finger, interrupts, leans forward to get in the interviewer's face, and worst of all tonight, throwing things.

I don't know about others, but I simply can't take seriously an adult that always seems to be on the verge of a tantrum like a child that can't have a cookie before dinner. Even if he's not capable of controlling the situation, he could at least act like he is trying by showing a little more decorum when in the camera eye. Really, how can he expect his people to behave in a civilized manner when he can't even be bothered to for three minutes of air time?

20. GeistDesFritz

Mar 25, 2002
    Arafat was only elected leader once...after that he suspended elections. How can we know if the Palestinians want him as a leader now or not? If they did, then they would listen to him and work with him and Israel towards a peace. The fact they aren't listening shows that Arafat isn't much of a leader. It is kind of like China choosing to negotiate with Al Gore instead of Bush because they people aren't listening and nothing is getting done.

21. R2D2-PENA

R2D2-PENA Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 6, 2001
    ...How can we know if the Palestinians want him as a leader now or not? If they did, then they would listen to him and work with him and Israel towards a peace....

Well if the Palestinians don't want him as their leader, and they can't vote him off, then why don't they use their normal tactics, and blow him out of leadership.

Meesa don't understand these people.

22. Darth_Dagsy

Darth_Dagsy Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 18, 2000
    Hmmm, so where is the UN fact finding mission for this suicide bombing?

I think it should have the right to go through all of the PAs files, accounts, and interrogate all PA, Hamas, DFLP, AAMB, and IJ members. It should be headed by terrorist experts only, and not have members which might have sympathy for the Palestinian cause.

I demand it now.

But somehow, I dont think it will happen. It wont even get mentioned.

23. JollyJedi

JollyJedi Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 2, 2000
    Well if the Palestinians don't want him as their leader, and they can't vote him off, then why don't they use their normal tactics, and blow him out of leadership.

i'm not even going to bother arguing with this, it's so stupid, lol.

24. GeistDesFritz

Mar 25, 2002
    hehe...blow him up. That's funny. I almost wish...nah, it's not gonna happen. Let's face it: We're stuck with the old geezer til he floats down the River Styx. :(

25. Kit'

Kit' Manager Emeritus & Kessel Run Champion! star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Winner

Oct 30, 1999
    Dagsy: You can't go through all the PA files in Jenin as they all got messed up (and mostly destroyed)....

There goes that facet. Oh and it wouldn't be all that hard to find Palestinian men to talk to either, I mean you could just go ask all the ones that Isreal arrested when it entered Jenin...providing the majority are still alive and haven't all had accidents :p

Kit

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.