main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Senate Israel/Palestine

Discussion in 'Community' started by Obi-Wan McCartney, Jan 4, 2009.

1. Ghost

Ghost Chosen One star 8

Oct 13, 2003
    Revyl Ren likes this.
  2. Jedi Ben

Jedi Ben Chosen One star 9

Jul 19, 1999
    That'd be the same 'club' Israel perpetually denies being a member of, right?

3. Ghost

Ghost Chosen One star 8

Oct 13, 2003
    Israel literally doesn't want anyone else to join their exclusive "club." It's ridiculous, Netanyahu is so childish. He's led Israel for so long and is going to leave it in such a bad, isolated position in the world.

SateleNovelist11 likes this.
  4. RC-2473

RC-2473 Jedi Master star 4

Mar 14, 2015
    yeah netanyahu is lame.

iran shouldn't have nukes but neither should israel. legit angers me how much israel is allowed to do all this double standard bs.

Abbiegalie and SateleNovelist11 like this.
  5. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
  6. Jedi Ben

Jul 19, 1999
    Short of him doing a Sharon and being struck into a coma, probably never.

The really demonic aspect of it all is the way that, while publicly condemning the other, Netanyahu and Hamas practically support each other! No? Here's how it works:

• We must realise the dream of Greater Israel!
    • We must drive the Jews into the sea.
    • We will crush the terrorists, we will demolish their hiding holes, have curfews and big bastard walls.
    • See how they demolish your house and beat up your parents? We will have rocket vengeance.
    • These rockets are a threat to every Israeli so we will carpet the entire launch area, if civilians don't leave, too bad.
    • See these civilian casualties? Israel will have some of their own!

And so it goes on and on, each act of violence and each atrocity strengthening the same damn cycle. And those in the middle? The ones who could make a peace work and realise a better future? Don't get a look in, save to be injured or die and be used as political pawns.

Every other moderately successful peace process, at some point, hit a level where both sides decided, save for their extremists: We ain't doing this no more, no matter what. And they stuck to that despite extremist attempts to derail it. Here, the extremists are the ones in charge, it's like locking a pair of feuding undiagnosed or in denial alcoholics in a free bar and then wondering why a drunken murder results.

7. Lord Vivec

Lord Vivec Chosen One star 9

Apr 17, 2006
  8. DarthPhilosopher

DarthPhilosopher Chosen One star 6

Jan 23, 2011
    So neither of the radicals on either side - Bibi or Hamas - understand that tit-for-tat only prolongs the conflict they both apparently want to end? One side is going to have the play the 'bigger person'.

Violent Violet Menace likes this.
  9. Darth Punk

Darth Punk JCC Manager star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 25, 2013
    If hamas gave pregnant women and children better training, it could at least be a fairer fight

10. Jedi Ben

Jul 19, 1999
    It did happen, once.

There was this guy by the name of Rabin.....

Alpha-Red and SateleNovelist11 like this.
  11. SuperWatto

SuperWatto Chosen One star 7

Sep 19, 2000
  12. SateleNovelist11

SateleNovelist11 Force Ghost star 6

Jan 10, 2015

Agreed. Netanyahu reminds me of Dick Cheney in some ways. I wouldn't be surprised if he is the worst Israeli prime minister in their history, although considering how ethnocentric many of their leaders have been, that's a difficult position to obtain, I'm certain.

13. Lord Vivec

Lord Vivec Chosen One star 9

Apr 17, 2006
    Who says they want it to end? The status quo of palestinians being unrepresented and oppressed by Israelis is perfectly fine for Israel. Casualties on the Israel side is minimal each year. More and more Palestinian land gets settled. Cry out antisemitism any time they're crticized. The system works. For Israel.

Violent Violet Menace likes this.
  14. Ghost

Ghost Chosen One star 8

Oct 13, 2003
    Well Hamas isn't the only Palestinian side, there's the moderate Abbas who's been in charge of most of the Palestinians for years, trying to work towards peace and a fair deal. After he goes, who knows what the next Palestinian leader will be like. Israel might really regret not making a deal while Abbas is in power.

DarthPhilosopher likes this.
  15. Vaderize03

Vaderize03 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 25, 1999
    How ironic (and sad) would it be if Netanyahu were ousted by more moderate Israeli factions just to see Abbas replaced by a hardliner?

Ghost and Violent Violet Menace like this.
  16. SuperWatto

SuperWatto Chosen One star 7

Sep 19, 2000
    Yeah but how ironic and sad is it then that he won't.

Vaderize03 likes this.
  17. Ghost

Ghost Chosen One star 8

Oct 13, 2003
    Exactly what I'm afraid will happen.

Israel one day looking back, regretting not making a peace deal with while Abbas was still in power. And the United States, as its chief ally, regretting not pressuring Israel enough to make that deal.

18. Violent Violet Menace

Violent Violet Menace Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 11, 2004
    I feel like the "Antichrist" (Obama) can't be the one who exerts that pressure, though. It will have to be his successor.

19. DarthPhilosopher

DarthPhilosopher Chosen One star 6

Jan 23, 2011
    In Netanyahu's mind perhaps. The longer it continues however the more isolated Israel will be from its Western allies and the more intrenched Arab resentment will be, neither of which is good for Israel's long term survival.

20. Ghost

Ghost Chosen One star 8

Oct 13, 2003
    Netanyahu: "Hitler didn't want to kill the Jews, it was the Palestinians who made the Holocaust happen"

Eff him, seriously. Wtf.

Netanyahu, stop APOLOGIZING FOR HITLER, and blaming the Palestinians for everything. You'd be a joke right now if you weren't the effing PRIME MINISTER OF ISRAEL.

This is scary. When the Israeli Prime Minister is apologizing for Hitler, something has gone wrong. He really hates his neighbor that much.

He keeps going father and farther than I thought he'd ever go, he keeps confirming my (and others') worst suspicions about him.

Jedi Ben likes this.
  21. Vaderize03

Vaderize03 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 25, 1999
    Yeah that's about the worse thing that's come out of his mouth.

So far.

22. Jedi Ben

Jul 19, 1999
    Yeah, just when you start to think maybe someone can't get more stupid....

23. Ender Sai

Ender Sai Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2001
    Even the war criminal Ariel Sharon didn't say this stuff, and he killed a lot of people.

Ghost, Jedi Ben and dp4m like this.
  24. JarJarsTongue

JarJarsTongue Jedi Knight star 1

Nov 25, 2014

Yet this is perfectly acceptable? Teaching pre-schoolers to stab Jews? Keep teaching hate...

http://www.timesofisrael.com/watch-i-want-to-stab-a-jew-young-girl-tells-her-teacher-father/

Maybe if the palestinians taught to the love their children as much as they hate us Jews, there would be peace. Instead you're arming 4 year olds to stab people like me.

25. Alpha-Red

Alpha-Red Chosen One star 7

Apr 25, 2004
    Maybe they wouldn't hate you so much if you hadn't been trying to screw them over for the better part of a century. The least Israel could do is to admit to past wrongs and stop committing new ones, but it won't even do that. They pretty much deserve Hamas at this point.