main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Israeli withdrawal from Gaza

Discussion in 'Archive: The Senate Floor' started by Virgilius, Aug 12, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Virgilius

Virgilius Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 7, 2004
    Do you think this unilateral action will speed up the peace process? I'm one of those people who are very pessimistic about the whole Israeli-Palestinian conflict. I'm anything but anti-Semetic, but I know that America's support of Israel is one of the top ten reasons that Muslims hate us. That's why I wish we could somehow resolve this problem, but I have little faith in Ariel Sharon. Mahmoud Abbas seems trustworthy, though, especially compared to Arafat.

What are your opinions on the Israeli withdrawal from Gaza? Do you think it will even be successful? What do you believe it will lead to?

KK EDIT: Follow Ender's link.

2. Ender Sai

Ender Sai Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2001
    Hey mate, we've already got a topic for it here. :)

E_S

3. Republic_Trooper

Republic_Trooper Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 22, 2005
    I think It has been a long time in coming. I strongly support Israel, but the Palastinians are people too, and they deservre to have a state of their own where they feel secure. They have families, hopes, and dreams just like everyone else. It is unfortunant that there are those among them such as Hamas and Islamic Jihad who make their own people suffer in order to further their own political agendas. Hopefully Gaza works out, and these people don't have to spend half of their day standing in line at checkpoints anymore. Hopefully the Isralies will start closing settlements in the West Bank in the near future, and eventually a complete withdrawl. I think an independant, democratic, and economicly viable Palastinian state is the only real solution to this issue.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.