main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Issues with images

Discussion in 'Archive: Fan Sites' started by SithKittie, Sep 29, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SithKittie

SithKittie Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 5, 2003
    I'm using geocities for my site which has worked fine and is working fine in 3/4 areas of my site, but the main section is being evil. most of my images come up with an x through them. I checked my space, and since i divided the page into different accounts, I've barely used any space. I don't get why this is happening. anybody got any ideas?

2. malkieD2

malkieD2 Ex-Manager and RSA star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2002
    Hi, I just checked the site (the one that you link to in your profile), and I couldn't find any of the dreaded red-x.

It usually occurs because the link to the image doesn't match the actual location of the picture (I'm sure you know that though).

Perhaps because you use more than one Geocities account it doesn't let you link an image from one account into a html page on another account. (in the same way Geocities blocks linking to an image from a thread on the JC).

Nevertheless, I couldn't find any pages with broken links. Can you direct me to one to look at ?

Your site looks great btw, excellent use of Geocities PageBuilder and templates :)

edit : ok, I went for a second look, and bumped your site over its allocated bandwidth and got the "The web site you are trying to access has exceeded its allocated data transfer. Visit our help area for more information." message. It happened half way through a page load, meaning that half the images loaded, then the rest were red-x's. Perhaps this is your problem. Your site is maybe bigger than you think it is.

3. SithKittie

Jul 5, 2003
    maybe it's the bandwidth. I tend to avoid html out of uber lazyness. Though pagebuilder can be a pain in teh butt sometimes. And thanks, glad you like my site.

I didn't link any of the pictures to multiple accounts. I uploaded the ones i wanted in each account. I've had a lot of activity the last few days, maybe that's part of it. dunno. I also went through in pagebuilder and changed some stuff, that seemed to help with the images, though i really don't know why. but anywho. I just need something other than geocities, lol.

4. malkieD2

Jun 7, 2002
    hey, no problem, I'm glad its sorted :)
    Geocities has a pretty low bandwidth quota.

I pay for hosting - I don't mind paying $10 or so a year for loads of bandwidth :)

5. Raef_Wolfe

Raef_Wolfe Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 12, 2003
    If you know HTML, angelfire is pretty good. Otherwise, I know there's a listing somewhere of free cites here :)

6. SithKittie

Jul 5, 2003
    i originally tried angelfire, but i don't html uber well and i really would rather deal with crappy bandwidth than spend that much time :p /me lazy ;)

one of my friends uses freewebsites or somethin like that and his site goes down for weeks at a time. *shrug* dunno. one day I'll get off my butt and either pay for bandwidth or work with html, but not today ;) thanks tho

7. malkieD2

Jun 7, 2002
    thats a sensible idea. Get really good at html before spending money to host a site.

8. jedi-mind-trick

jedi-mind-trick VIP star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 6, 2001
    I like your site, SithKittie - I enjoyed reading about your costuming. :D

9. SithKittie

Jul 5, 2003
    :) thank you very much! I'm glad somebody enjoyed it :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.