main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

OOC It´s a Trap! Episode VII OOC/Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Role Playing Resource' started by SirakRomar, Apr 5, 2013.

1. Penguinator

Penguinator Former Mod star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 23, 2005
    I'd be okay with cutting the PT entirely, myself, and just using the elements that work. I really am not a fan of the Clone Wars show, so it matters very little to me.

2. Ramza

Ramza Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 13, 2008
    I'd prefer if it wasn't, because it's a natural slippery slope kick-off with regards to allowable EU content and the possible benefits of incorporating it seem negligible at best.

3. DarkLordoftheFins

DarkLordoftheFins Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 2, 2007
    I also prefer if it wasn´t . . . and all I can give as a reason is that the two posts above perfectly sum up my reasons why. PT itself had it´s weak moments, so I am happy it is a bit farther away from our period, but the Clone Wars really was the beginning of the sell-out and would be a backdoor for EU content to come in. And please, please, please do not have Luke go to Mortis and do not resurrect Darth Maul (I know you won´t, but for the record!)

The only thing that are useful are the planets and ships and you already do that.

Mitth_Fisto likes this.
  4. Jedi General Gelderd

Jedi General Gelderd Jedi Master star 5

Mar 6, 2004
    I too never too followed 'The Clone Wars' animated show or the film enough to call it canon. I just took the events of 'AOTC' and pretty much anything that happened after as what you wanted to happen in terms of a war.

Saying that, the books were my timeline of battles for that era.

5. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    I'm also not a fan of TCW and I'm trying not to let that affect my decision here, but I do agree that it does open the door for the EU to slip in. At this point, I think it would be more trouble than its worth to allow it to exist in our universe.

6. Mitth_Fisto

Mitth_Fisto Chosen One star 6

Sep 29, 2005
    What this lot said, it is a bit too much of a slippery slope. I have been trying to leave that untouched in this game just incase you went either way, but that was/is a very messy can of worms.

7. Jedi General Gelderd

Mar 6, 2004
    I'll try and get Connor's post done tonight or early tomorrow....out and about this Bank Holiday Weekend in the UK!

8. CmdrMitthrawnuruodo

CmdrMitthrawnuruodo Force Ghost star 6

Jul 1, 2000
    Guess I'm the only one that wouldn't mind the movie being allowed. I don't see how hard it is to simply use what happened in the film as background for characters like Asaji Ventress or Ashoka Tano. The film introduces the two characters for the first time, everything we know about them from the EU happens well after the film except for Asaji Ventress' Jedi Training, but that can be easily left out just as easily as I'm leaving out that Dooku is made out to be a sociopath since he was a kid and didn't care about Qui-Gon Jinn (even though Ep2 says he does care).

That's my two cents and I'll go with whatever Sirak decides on.

9. SirakRomar

SirakRomar Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 30, 2007
    You are not the only one. Others asked, too. They just seem to prefer to stay silent now or they assume I already know their pov on things.

The huge majority seems to feel like it isn´t worth it though.

Anyway, considering how little I know about Ashoka Tano for example I think indeed it is better to consider them not canon for now. I really know the movies inside out and I have no clue about TCW, be it movie or TV series. I just watched a dozen Episodes or so and I think only one or two were actually any good. So the old canon stays in effect with no additions. Thanks everybody.

10. Sith-I-5

Sith-I-5 Force Ghost star 6

Aug 14, 2002
    I didn't bother with the movie after reading that it was supposed to be the first two to three episodes of the series, and George Lucas felt it was good enough quality to be shown in cinemas / theaters.

So as regards inclusion here, I don't see any difference between the "movie" and the televised episodes.

Something that occurred to me Saturday, was that seeing the TIE Phantom plotline gave me a kind of shared fan experience, which we expect with things like the movies, which pretty much, a lot of the world has seen by now, but in the days before the internet, and sometimes even just knowing other SW fans, buying and playing a console game was a bit of an individual experience.

So till now, RookieOne, and encountering TIE Phantoms was a personal experience, and while I enjoy seeing the amazing pics the Fins has found, seeing those Phantoms, and reading other players who know about them...that is nice.

11. SirakRomar

Mar 30, 2007
    To be honest, I am pretty much drawing the plot from ideas me and some friends floated around in the ninties. Before the internet, the term "EU" and the mass of books and comics. We had three computer games and two old WEG sourcebooks to build on and it was amazing and fun. Sometimes nowadays when I plot this game I got this cozy feeling again I had back then.

And if anybody wonders where Sith-I-5 has the idea from Fin brought those picture to me, that is actually true. DarkLordoftheFins is not only a player, but our official Picture-GM, who helps me visualize the game. :)

Oh yeah, update hopefully tomorrow, if work allows me to.

12. CmdrMitthrawnuruodo

Jul 1, 2000
    I was wondering where the heck you get the time to not only write up the posts, but to find/make the pictures too!

13. Jedi General Gelderd

Mar 6, 2004
    I know, it's adding so much to the story! Forgive me with Connor's identification of Calrissian's transport, I wasn't sure what model it was so had a stab at a Corellian type craft.

But well done Sirak, very impressed and enjoying this.

14. Lukes_Apprentice

Lukes_Apprentice Jedi Master star 3

Oct 15, 2008
    Well Jedi General Gelderd It looks like lando is joining the party ..... :eek: Yeah, I hope your happy Sirak. [face_laugh]

15. SirakRomar

Mar 30, 2007
    Remember hte flu I had last week? Should have stayed in bed until I know it is gone. It´s back and this time it brought it´s firend with it. Long weekend, so plenty time, but I´ll update when my head allows me to again. Right now it´s all just chaos up there.

16. Jedi General Gelderd

Mar 6, 2004
    Aw no, don't push yourself Sirak, just look after yourself and don't fry your brain with thinking too much about the stories as yet!

17. SirakRomar

Mar 30, 2007
    I got hte story figured out, I´d say [face_laugh] No, it´s the english being a problem. Me being german it needs a certain amount of concentration to do an update in another language. My head just can´t do it right now.

18. Sith-I-5

Aug 14, 2002
    You could write your update paragraph in German, run it through an online German to English translator, then run the result past Fins.

Although, I agree with JGG, get yourself tiptop first.

19. LordTroepfchen

LordTroepfchen Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 9, 2007
    I would offer my services, knowing Fin barely finds time to have a look at htese boards nowadays.

But seriously, translating leads to totally subpar results. It is interesting that writing in English is absolutely different from writing in German. Online translators cannot produce anything worht reading, but even translating word by word usually feels hollow and wrong. Therefore writing in English in the first place, especially for a prosaic writer as Sirak is probably irreplacable. Anyway, if you feel like you wrote feverish nonsense and fin is busy send it over to me and I will read correction with a pleasure.

That being said, today Mas will update with a combined which sirak approved . . . which will contain a MAJOR plotpoint (I believe).

20. SirakRomar

Mar 30, 2007
    Better. slowly better. Update tonight.

Jedi General Gelderd likes this.
  21. Lukes_Apprentice

Lukes_Apprentice Jedi Master star 3

Oct 15, 2008
    I'm er speechless a droid.......really?! :eek:

Um Yeah think I'm going to have to reflect lando's natural reaction which was mine I just don't know what to say without being a jerk which is not in lando's character at least not in this situation.

You have sense of humor here Sirak.

I think I have to use this quote somewhere, "Crix you realize that if I survive this I'm going to have to think of a way of paying you back, because you owe me big time." Lando said smiling a devilish smile.[face_laugh]

22. Sith-I-5

Aug 14, 2002
    Soo, posted. I originally wasn't planning to go EVA. Figuring Irisa would get run over by a fleeing B-Wing, she was going to remain in the cockpit of her unshielded craft and hope for the best.

Emailed the post from work to my personal email, then later, on the way home, I had a vague recollection that B-Wing cockpits might be able to jettison from the rest of the starfighter.

So, really interested to see how this goes.

23. SirakRomar

Mar 30, 2007
    Now I am getting REALLY better, only when you realize how bad you were you know you get healthy, slowly. So tomorrow or even today I hope I will be able to throw out a few more updates . . . for those waiting longest first, obviously.

24. CmdrMitthrawnuruodo

Jul 1, 2000
    Woot! I may be joining Dookuu in the cookoo nest if I have to wait any longer ;) :p

25. Jedi General Gelderd

Mar 6, 2004
    Nice to see Aurra Sing appear to - didn't expect to see her!