main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

OOC It´s a Trap! Episode VII OOC/Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Role Playing Resource' started by SirakRomar, Apr 5, 2013.

1. Republic_Anvil

Republic_Anvil Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 24, 2009
  2. DarkLordoftheFins

DarkLordoftheFins Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 2, 2007
    Gelderd, seriously? You should have posted two days ago. Then you would have made everything wrong, but in the situation Sirak put you (wisely) you would have done no damage to the plot. Sirak owuld have explained and you would already be writing your next post! Don´t overthink it, use try and error. It´s more fun.

3. SirakRomar

SirakRomar Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 30, 2007
    My first update comes tomorrow. For all those who already posted. If you need more time, don´t worry. I see especially canon-chars seem to need a bit longer to get into character. Take your time.

4. Republic_Anvil

Oct 24, 2009
    Thanks Sirak. I am finding it difficult to express the different aspects of Leia. I want to show her as being strong and Steadfast in her beliefs. but at the same time, show the continued lost and hurt at the destruction of her planet and the revelation of her true family.

It's kinda hard to do with out making her sound whiny :p.

But, I love a challenge! I should have a post up by tomorrow at the latest.

5. Jedi General Gelderd

Jedi General Gelderd Jedi Master star 5

Mar 6, 2004
    Posted my first ever RP entry and I loved it - I feel there's so much to do here, I just hope it seems ok.

Apologies DarkLordoftheFins, I have over-thought things with a little trepidation, but thank you for your patience. The ball is rolling now, and I look foward to nailing it and enjoying it as much as I did then! :)

6. SirakRomar

Mar 30, 2007
    I am sure Fin did not criticize you, he just pointed out, that jumping in is the way to go. BTW, perfect post :D I am looking forward to see you two guys (Oson and you) play out this scene.

Jedi General Gelderd likes this.
  7. Skywalker_T-65

Skywalker_T-65 Jedi Grand Master star 6

Nov 19, 2009
    I should be posting tonight. If all goes well.

8. Republic_Anvil

Oct 24, 2009
    Jedi General Gelderd, Newbie my foot! You posted like a pro! I hereby announce your apprenticeship to the Mistress Anvil complete. Go forth and RP.
    So say we all!

*[face_dancing] Happy Dance*

This was Sarcasm FYI

9. Sith-I-5

Sith-I-5 Force Ghost star 6

Aug 14, 2002
    This is my first time being GMed by Sirak, so I am unsure what I am allowed to do at Cerea.

I have been tagged by Wedge, but do I have to wait for Sirak to allow Black Group to proceed into the attack?

10. Splinterthemindseye_

Splinterthemindseye_ Jedi Padawan star 1

Feb 24, 2012
    I was a little curious about that myself.

11. SirakRomar

Mar 30, 2007
    A good question, I really must do this FAQ, do I? For now I would say wait for Luke to post (TSG promised tonight or tomorrow she would make time) and then we´ll sort out where everybody is. Actually from my description the next stage for Black Squadron is not an ISD, but passing the Ties and that depends on Rogue and Green doing their job. Otherwise they will have a lot of attention.

Generally I expect some common sense there. You can shoot down a TIE-FIGHTER or two and can dodge an attack you made up yourself to make it a bit more cinematic, but you should not write yourself out of any danger I put you in. If you got the feeling I build up a threat, you should probably not ease your anxiety by Godmodding it away. If that happens regulary I will go back to post-and-response. Which is often a lot more thrilling anyway.

What you can always do is send me a PM. I did this on Castaways regulary. Then I can give you input what is about to happen and you can include it in your post.

12. Skywalker_T-65

Nov 19, 2009
    I meant to get my post up last night. But my roommate is all sorts of sick and I have to help him out, so I didn't have the time. Hopefully I can find time to post tonight.

13. SirakRomar

Mar 30, 2007
    Don´t worry, you will miss my update anyway so you got time til the next.

14. Penguinator

Penguinator Former Mod star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 23, 2005
    Ishmael is too easy to write for, or rather the prompts he gets. This is an excellent problem to have.

Reynar_Tedros likes this.
  15. DarkLordoftheFins

DarkLordoftheFins Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 2, 2007
    I think they call that a luxury problem!

Penguinator likes this.
  16. Skywalker_T-65

Nov 19, 2009
    My post is being written. Should be up in a couple hours.

17. CmdrMitthrawnuruodo

CmdrMitthrawnuruodo Force Ghost star 6

Jul 1, 2000
    Ha, what a way to make my clone go even more mad. Dooku talking to him. Lol

18. Skywalker_T-65

Nov 19, 2009
    Post is up.

19. Sith-I-5

Aug 14, 2002
    Thank you; I will try that.

20. TheSithGirly

TheSithGirly Jedi Master star 4

Apr 26, 2007
    Sorry for letting people wait, but I took over Luke without a clear picutre of what to do with him. I needed to watch the movies again and make up my mind where I push him to. Simply because I assume my path might have a certain influence on others and Sirak´s game. I hope I did not totally ruin him already :p

21. Jedi General Gelderd

Mar 6, 2004
    Trust your instincts SithGirly, I'm sure it will be great whichever way you take him!

On a note, just to check I've not done it wrong, on my 2nd post, I've taken dialogue Sirak has used for the NPC and injected my character's dialogue between two paragraphs, broken it up in two so to speak.

Is that allowed, or should the dialogue flow as the NPC has been indicated to say it.

Basically, can I say something to/against the NPC between his chunk of dialogue, if it changes nothing or confuses what the NPC says?

22. SirakRomar

Mar 30, 2007
    That is actually quite common here and a matter of taste. I like it when players do this. It is by any means allowed.

23. Jedi General Gelderd

Mar 6, 2004
    Wonderful. Thanks Sirak. Going great so far, I feel more and more comfortable posting and really getting into it. :)

24. Mikaboshi

Mikaboshi Force Ghost star 6

Jul 12, 2005
  25. Sith-I-5

Aug 14, 2002
    I do this a lot. Can make the exchange more humourous sometimes. :)