main
side
curve
  1. Welcome, Guest

Upcoming events:

Star Wars: Andor - Disney + - 21st September

2. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

FF:NSW It Begins! New Star wars theatrical release of Animated Clone Wars! - OFFICIAL SPOILER THREAD !!

Discussion in 'Oceania Discussion Boards' started by The_Scream_Man, Feb 12, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The_Scream_Man

The_Scream_Man Jedi Knight star 5

May 1, 2000
    id link but i think it'll be good to see info flow in from various sources. Looks like the animated Clone wars are starting off in full swing around mid year on Cartoon network. Apprently lose to 20 30 minute episodes are already done, with more on the way. Interestingly it seems characters from the previous Clone Wars series are in this, meaning they are all part of the same timeline, and it's one George approves of as 'official'

Then on August 15th there will be a theatrical release of an animated Clone Wars film.

Im not sure as to Georges level of uinput, but it is MUCH more hands on than a simple EU story, i suspect he is doing the plotting on much of the series, while letting others do individual scripting. So that cant be a bad thing.

Anyway it's about tiem we had something Star Wars to tak about around here!

Now Soilers; For now Ill say HTR eveything u think may be a spoiler. And keep in mind some people dont want to know anything at all. So if u think it may even HINT at being Spoilery, please hide it.

Let the conversation stagger into existance!

2. The_Scream_Man

May 1, 2000
    Already reading that the movie is apprently the premiere for the series in a different spot now, as well as it saying that on SW.com, so Im guessing thats the information to go by.

3. Kartanym

Kartanym Jedi Knight star 6

May 23, 2002
    Yeah that's what I read, the first four episodes as a feature, I wouldn't mind either way as long as I get to see it :p Although, considering my lack of theatre size screen and surround sound at home, it would be a fun experience.

Besides, I want another reason to dress up as Jedi ... besides going to the shops every sunday, of course.

4. Adalia-Durron

Adalia-Durron WNU/Costume/Props/EUC Mod. star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jun 3, 2003
    You guys all dressing up for the Opening night?

5. Shadowfire

Shadowfire Jedi Master star 4

Jul 14, 1998
    If by dressing up you mean wearing clothes that night, then yes.

6. Teknobabel

Teknobabel Jedi Master star 5

Jun 4, 2000
    I see your dementia has kicked in :)

7. The_Scream_Man

May 1, 2000
    so shuld we get together and see this, kids?

8. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    I vote you should!

9. Kartanym

May 23, 2002
    You would :p

I'm in for sure.

10. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    Oh Course I would, if I could. The SAFF has a media release this Sunday that I cannot attend! [face_worried]:_| I have to drive to Whyalla for a swimming competition! :_|

11. Kartanym

May 23, 2002
    I would normally say a thursday night would be best, but I'm not sure whether I will be working that night or not as yet.

12. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    Just a reminder that all discussion that is directly and only about the new Clone Wars movie and series should be done in the Live Action, Clone Wars, and Classics (LACWAC) forum. Discussing specific characters, and the effect the movie has on existing films and books can be done in appropriate existing threads in the movie and expanded universe forums, but discussion that is solely about the film and series should be done exclusively in the LACWAC forum.

In addition, please be mindful that many of the users would like to avoid spoilers for the movie and series. As such, please make yourself familiar with the spoiler policies of the various forums you visit ... both if you are going to post spoilers, and if you want to avoid them.

The LACWAC forum can be found here. ;)

13. Kartanym

May 23, 2002
    Normally I'd agree, but considering this is mainly about local, NSW based information and opinions, the above forum doesn't apply, and it's safe to say we'd prefer to talk about it within our own forum than another, considering the amount of traffic within said forum here (same can be said regarding the Oceania).

Just my two cents.

14. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    Just quoting rules from Comms, it's usually a two week silence on plots etc. Like its cool to say 'The movie rocked / stank' but saying 'I liked it when Obi wan did........to .....and then Anakin said .......' Its a bit specific and they kinda want it blacked out so those who don't see it first day have a chance to see it un spoiled. We all know we can spoil ourselves anyway if we choose to. Just gives those who dont want to be a chance to see it first. Just either black it out or wait the two weeks to talk specifics, thats all I ask. ;)

15. JediMasterKieca

JediMasterKieca Jedi Master star 4

Nov 30, 2000
    Everyone in FFNSW is spoiler savvy and have been for years, so it's fine, we know what we're doing.

16. PulsarSkate

PulsarSkate Ex-Mod star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 4, 2003
    Wellll, most of the time you do.

Sometimes, I hear some of you play singstar with horrible people from the South. The earmuffs, they do nothing!

17. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    SINGSTAR!!??? Lord, there should be laws against people over 16 doing that!?!? Well, at least in my house there should be.... :p

18. Kartanym

May 23, 2002
    Don't get me started on Singstar ... darn stupid singing ...

Annnyway, I read the thread in Comms after I posted that, didn't realise it was a board wide thing :p That's cool though, we're good at the blanks ;)

19. Tyi-Maet_Nefer

Tyi-Maet_Nefer Jedi Master star 6

Jun 17, 2005
    I wonder if there's any midnight screenings of this in this country...?

Anyway, I would love to go with a group of you guys, but I'll be in America when this is released. Go check out the trailers and new battle and clone videos on sw.com if you haven't, by the way. This film looks very impressive.

20. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    Ok, it's come down from Administrations that each Fan Force and Region may have ONE spoiler thread for the Clone Wars Movie. In that thread they are allowed to discuss the movie at length, show 'spoilers' and generally talk about it in detail. But only ONE thread per Fan Force and one for the Oceania boards. So this is the FFNSW Thread, it's clearly marked as a spoiler alert, so we all know the drill.

21. The_Scream_Man

May 1, 2000
    We'll be good.

22. ROE_Biggs

ROE_Biggs Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 29, 2002
    surely you jest!

23. The_Scream_Man

May 1, 2000
    only a little...

24. Kartanym

May 23, 2002
    Well, I'm working thursday night, so more than likely I'll see this friday instead.

25. Prodigiousman

Prodigiousman Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 28, 2001
    Before I read anyone elses review let me just say...

WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Whoops better do the 'HTR' bit:

WOW!WOW!WOW!WOW!WOW!WOW!WOW!WOW!WOW!WOW!WOW!WOW!WOW!WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.