main
side
curve
  1. Welcome, Guest

Upcoming events:

Star Wars: Andor - Disney + - 21st September

2. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

FF:NSW It Begins! New Star wars theatrical release of Animated Clone Wars! - OFFICIAL SPOILER THREAD !!

Discussion in 'Oceania Discussion Boards' started by The_Scream_Man, Feb 12, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kartanym

Kartanym Jedi Knight star 6

May 23, 2002
    Best. Review. Ever :p

Too busy to see it myself, so hopefully next week I'll get a chance. Hearing mixed reactions, but a lot of the reviews I've been reading seem to have it all wrong. Many of them are saying it doesn't fit in with the prequel movies, as a movie that continues the story. I think the point I'm trying to make here is, it's a two hour pilot for an ongoing tv series, not a movie per se. There's a lot more to it than just this.

2. Prodigiousman

Prodigiousman Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 28, 2001
    Spot on re: some reviews out there. Read the SMH one today and geesh have they missed the point of the entire post-movie Star Wars era.

(below there ain't any story spoilers but you could argue it spoils you for what you should experience going in)

It's not about making more Star Wars movies in the same way or even following the same formula exactly - its about entertainment and essentially I think Lucas is trying to just make the people who like Star Wars for what it is - fun - happy.

I enjoyed Clone Wars from start to finish and like the recent Indiana Jones film went in with the expectation I'd be entertained. NOT with the expectation that i'd see the greatest film of all time.

Can't believe the two reviews (one text and one video) reckoned Star Wars fans would 'walk out' on it.

It was way too much fun to remember to finish my drink let alone get up and walk out.

Especially when i'd paid $15.50! - prices go up again! something related to petrol costs of getting to the movies i'm sure... wait a minute...

Again let me reiterate my review:

WOW!!!!!!!

3. The_Scream_Man

The_Scream_Man Jedi Knight star 5

May 1, 2000
    Yeah it would have to be pretty damned terrible for me to walk out on it. i dunnowhen ill get to see it either sadly.

4. ROE_Biggs

ROE_Biggs Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 29, 2002
    well i certainly enjoyed it :)

5. Scoot

Scoot Jedi Master star 4

Dec 30, 2002
    Saw it tonight, went in expecting very little, and walked out very happy. I had alot of fun with this. Sparks my interest in the animated show for sure!

6. The_Scream_Man

May 1, 2000
    This is the spoiler thread, so u dont have to HTR.

ok, did i see the same movie as the one people are reviewing?

Yes, the overall plot of the jabbas son kidnapping was sort of lame. In fact it was really lame.

but man, Anakin was a character! he had personality! Obi Wan was awesome, the whole stalling for time thing was such an ObiWan thing to do i LOVED it! Ashoka is annoying yes, but well withing the confines of her character. Shes a 13yr old who is suddnely thrown in with a semi legend, and reacts like a brat. When shes round ObiWan, shes respectful. Get her with Anakin, and she can see the way he treats her, and responds in kind. I loved her backhand fighting style, I liked her look and voice, and while she was a brat i look forward to seeing her character grow and her relationship to Anakin grow. Padme felt tacked in, but i suspect thats more to do with the movie format. in the series, Im betting that would have been round the 3rd or 4th episode, which would have worked fine. And Rex is kick ass! This mademe want to rush aout and get a Rex toy (And an AT-TE, but thats a diffrent thing...). he was just so awesome! Dooku was great, Asaj was good, Jabba...well, iv never liekd Jabba, so i didnt mind him. hell even Jabbas son wasnt bad all things considered. Not great, but then that whole plot wasnt great.

And the action! How did people not think this was an awesome animated action flick?! The aerial combat was fun, the saber duels grerat, the big battles awesome. for a kids show, they do an awful lot! Theres athe clone who is picked up by the battledroid and then SHOT THROUGH the chest then tossed aside....AWESOME! Anakin Dooku was my favourite duel, though Obi Wan Asaj wasnt too bad.

Im so psyched for the show!

7. Shadowfire

Shadowfire Jedi Master star 4

Jul 14, 1998
    The only female (14 year old?) character wears a bikini top for the entirety of the show.

Yep, nice one Lucasfilm.

8. Scoot

Scoot Jedi Master star 4

Dec 30, 2002
    Ziro wasn't a woman?

9. The_Scream_Man

May 1, 2000
    And Padme wasnt a woman?

Also its not really a bikini top with lots f boob or anything,. Its a chest strip thing.

10. Shadowfire

Shadowfire Jedi Master star 4

Jul 14, 1998
    I think it's called a boob tube.

11. Tyi-Maet_Nefer

Tyi-Maet_Nefer Jedi Master star 6

Jun 17, 2005
    Don't know if you guys heard, but thankfully Channel TEN has picked up the Clone Wars series down here. Which means you don't need bloody cable ... yay !

LINK HERE

12. Corellian_Outrider

Corellian_Outrider Former FanForce Admin star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 9, 2002

*imitates Major General Jack O'Neill's voice*
    She's 14 yr old Togruta for crying out loud. She's a 'child', a padawan. She's wearing a crop top.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.