main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

It didn't happen, but lets speculate about if it did happen. (MASSIVE read)

Discussion in 'Star Wars Community' started by Lord-Draco, May 26, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lord-Draco

Lord-Draco Jedi Master star 4

Nov 26, 2002
    First of I bet you are wandering what is this thread about? What didn't happen? Speculate on what? Well I'm about to tell you.

While laying in the bed last night I was watching some show on MTV that showed all of the AniMatrix series. So what does the AniMatrix on MTV have to do with SW? Well I was thinking of how the 2 sequels of the Matrix are coming out this year. One in the Spring and the other in the Fall. I was starting to think "What if SW took the same path?" How can that be? Well I'll explain it to you.

See the PT of SW is only 3 movies, but I was thinking that what if it were 6 movies? Also the PT wouldn't begin in 1999 like TPM but in 2002 and I'll tell you why? See the what I see the story of the PT (With it being 6 movies) it will have Anakin starting off older, like 17 or 18 years old. So that means Hayden would play Anakin in ALL of the movies. Now I'm saying six movies so let me explain how this would work out. Now since there are 6 movies and 2 will come out a year (2 in 2002, 2 in 2005, and 2 in 2008) there will still be 3 Episodes. But while there are 3 Epiodes, and 6 movies, they are all still 6 separate movies, you'll see as I'm going to lay that all out in a second.

The first two movies: 2002

Star Wars Episode I: The Phantom Menace
    Rating: PG
    Length : 3 Hours
    Release: May 2002
    This movie would carry the same basic storyline as the real TPM except that Anakin wouldn't be 9 years old but 19 years old (Remember Hayden is playing all of the Anakins) and plus this one is 3 hours long so there would be some extra stuff in it. Also Obi-Wan wouldn't be in his mid 20s in this movie, he would be 35. (Yes, I know, he is a bit old to still be an apprentice)

Star Wars Episode I: Mysteries of the Sith
    Length : 2 Hours
    Release: November 2002
    This movie would pick up right right right right right right after TPM left off at, with the big parade and Anakin starting his training as a Jedi. Now this movie would be the "Suspence/Mystery" movie out of the whole PT. This movie would also probably be the most boring movie of the SW saga as not much action takes place in it. This movie you'll still see Anakin being trained by Obi-Wan and stuff and all the normal SW stuff, but this time the stars of this movie is Mace-Windu, Yoda, and Lord Sidious.

In this movie you'll learn more about the history of the Sith and Darth Bane. You'll see occasional flash-backs to the Darth Bane days long ago (So yes, Darth Bane will be in this movie). Anakin would learn more about the history of the Jedi as well. You'll also even learn more about the origins of Yoda.

So Mysteries of the Sith would be a great sequel to TPM because at the end of TPM Yoda and Windu were puzzled about the past events (With Darth Maul and everything) they were wandering if that was the apprentince or master that was destroyed. So in this movie they go out and try to find out more about this and where did the Sith come from since they were gone for such a long time. They send no other then Anakin and Obi-Wan to investigate, but Yoda and Windu will still be the main stars of this movie as they will have most of the camera time. Also there would be a brief cameo of Count Dooku. And that concludes Episode I.

The next 2 movies: 2005

Star Wars Episode II: Attack of the Clones
    Length: 2 Hours
    Release: May 2005
    This movie would be an EXACT replica of the Attack of the Clones movie that we have today, nothing new. Everything remains the same, but instead of taking place 10 years after EP1, it would take place 3 years after EP1. AOTC would tie into Mysteries of the Sith very very well since AOTC picks up with some mysterious Jedi on a plot to start a war. Also the first scene that we see of Anakin and Obi-Wan is when they are coming back from a dispute on Anteon (Or whatever Mace Windu said). This would tie in great because that dispute they were in, would be when they were sent out to find out more about the revealance of the Sith that happened in TPM. Also that part in the elevator when Obi says that h

2. atomik

atomik Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 28, 2001
    "but if it was like that, would you like it? Would it succed or fail?"

I would like it, but it would fail miserably. Even though most people dont think about this, 99% of people who see movies are not die hard fans of the movie beforehand, whether its SW, X-Men, The Matrix etc.. They are just the regular general audience that go see films.
    And this is the reason why your concept would fail. People dont want to see all that, especially if they have to sit through a 3 hour movie. The only people that would want to see that is the die hard fans.

3. Lars_Muul

Lars_Muul Jedi Grand Master star 6

Oct 2, 2000
    Agree with atomik I do. I would certainly like it, it´s a very cool idea! The more Star Wars, the better :D
    It would fail, though :(

4. DamonD

DamonD Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 22, 2002
    Maybe some of these ideas could be modified to work in a tv format. But as films, they'd kill the cash cow stone cold dead.

I also kinda like the fact we've seen Anakin as a little kid. Gives me a good perspective on his life throughout Star Wars.

5. Lord-Draco

Nov 26, 2002
    Cool! Guys, thanks for your comments! As of now you all believe it would fail, but lets elaborate on this more about why it would fail. I mean, the same thing is being done with the Matrix and by the means of it now, it doesn't look like the Matrix is going to be a failure.

Also you say that the non-hardcore audience wouldn't want to sit down and watch a 3 hour long movie. Well look at LOTR movies, not everyone that goes to see them are hardcore fans of the movies/books but they sit down through the movie and its 3 hours long, and LOTR doesn't seem to be a failure.

So guys, don't take this the wrong way, I'm not trying to bash your opinion and try to make it look like I'm right and you're wrong. Its just that you believe it would fail (which I highly knew people would think this) but give me some reason why it would/could fail.

This is why I believe it would work out. My concept would only work if everything is done right, things like marketing. GL would have to find a way for these films to appeal to both audiences, the old generation SW fans of the OT and the new generation fans, it is the only way it would succeed. That is why in my opinion why the current PT doesn't have that appeal like it did 20 something years ago with the OT, because its marketed more towards the new generation while GL just lets the old generation fans left alone in the dark. Also there needs to be no Jar Jar.

But whether you like my idea or not, I still thank you for lending me an opinion on it. I mean not everyone is going to like my idea so I think its nice to see some negative perspective on my idea.

6. Lord-Draco

Nov 26, 2002
  7. atomik

atomik Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 28, 2001
    It's not only about the length of the films but also about the depth that you speak of. For example; "This movie would also probably be the most boring movie of the SW saga as not much action takes place in it."

You said it yourself their, it would be boring.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.