Beyond "It Does not do Well to Dwell on Dreams, and Forget to Live." [SW/HP Crossover]

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Jedi_Saber101, Oct 9, 2011.

Moderators: Briannakin, mavjade
  1. Jedi_Saber101 Jedi Master

star 2
    Title: "It Does not do Well to Dwell on Dreams, and Forget to Live."
    Starting Time: [SW: 43 ABY] | [HP: Order of the Phoenix]
    Characters: Luke Skywalker, Ben Skywalker, Harry Potter, Ron Weasley, Hermione Granger, etc.
    Summary: Luke Skywalker and his son, Ben, run into an invisible portal near the Dorin system, when they find themselves in an entirely different world.
    Genre: Adventure, Friendship, Humor, Romance and Tragedy later.
    Note: In case you haven't alreaady picked this up... VERY, VERY, VERY AU.

PROLOGUE:

"Did I do a lot of crying?"

"I don't think so. You were pretty much shut off from the Force those days."

"Well, good."

Luke grinned and returned his attention to his calculations.

"Ready to jump in five, four..."

When space untwisted around them, they weren't in the Dorin system. In fact, they weren't even in the Jade Sabre, but on the floor of a moving vehicle, with windows on either side. Father and son looked at each other in shock.

---

Harry Potter and his two friends, Ronald Weasley and Hermione Granger were sitting in their compartment on the Hogwarts Express, heading back to school for their fifth year, when there was a loud bang, followed by another bang, and a thump.

"Bloody hell, what was that?" said Ron, wide-eyed. "I'm sure it's nothing, Ron." said Hermione, reading again through her Potions book. After a long silence, Hermione looked up. "Are you alright Harry? You're awfully quiet."

"No, I'm fine, just thinking... Who are they?"

PM's? On/Off?

[:D] />
  2. mavjade It's so FLUFFY Fanfic & New Movies Manager

Manager
    star 6
    Good start! =D=

I'm interested in seeing where this goes, it sounds like it's gonna be a lot of fun!

The last line made me giggle because I could totally see his face as he said that! :)

If you are doing update PMs, I would love one! Thanks!

3. Book-Geek Jedi Master

star 3
    I like how this is starting and eager to see more!
  4. Jedi_Saber101 Jedi Master

star 2
    mavjade: Thanks! :D

Book-Geek: Thank you! :)

Chapter One:

Luke and Ben were trying (And failing miserably) to find their way out of this... vehicle as swiftly and stealthily as possible. Obviously, after a few minutes, they realized the attempt had failed. Ben had turned around to see about everybody they had passed, out in the halls, gawking at them. They were all wearing very strange looking clothing, but were definitely human.

Ron was frozen in his seat, while Hermione and Harry both stood up and slid their compartment door open, walking out to see everybody else in the hall.

The two newcomers saw that about everybody had taken out some sort of... Stick when two others came out from the last compartment. They too, drawing out the same kind of sticks. One of the two, a boy about the age of Ben, with jet black hair, green eyes, a pair of some sort of round binoculars covering his eyes, and a very odd looking scar in the shape of a lightning bolt spoke up.

"Who are you?"

Ben and Luke glanced at each other, then back at the boy.

"My name is Luke Skywalker, and this is my son, Ben. We're Jedi Knights."

At that, the crowd broke into murmurs. The other one of the two, a girl, also looking about the same age, whispered something into the black-haired boy's ear, who nodded.

"Do you work for Lord Voldemort?"

"Who?" This time, Ben spoke up. Once more, the crowd broke into murmurs, filled with gasps. As those words left Ben's lips, a red-haired boy stepped into the hall from the last compartment.

"Blimey, you don't know who Vold- I mean, You-Know-Who is?"

Luke and Ben shook their heads.

At that moment, there was a stir moving through the crowd, caused no other than-

"Alright, what's going on here?" said a blond, pale boy with piercing silver eyes. Followed by him, were two of the most massive boys Ben had ever seen. Human, at least.

Before anyone could answer, a voice sounded all across the train; "We are arriving at Hogwarts, please get your things and head for the entrance gate. The train gave a sudden jolt, then stopped. Almost everybody in the crowd dispersed and exited out of the vehicle; except for Harry, Ron, Hermione, Malfoy and his cronies.

For some reason, the blond boy was smiling. "Just wait till Dumbledore finds out that the Express has stowaways on it. See you inside, Potter." he said the last word as if it were cursed, and left, with the two others.

"I think we'd better get going. Now, if you please. Leave." Ben said the last word with a waving of his hand. The three left looked at each other.

"I said; Leave." he did the waving motion again.

The three were snorting now. "What kind of magic d'ya think that is? With no wand?" said the tall, red-haired boy. At that moment, an elderly man with long hair, and a very long beard came in with two others. A man, with pale skin, black hair, and dark robes, the other, an elderly woman wearing a pointed hat, with graying hair and green robes stared at them.

"Mr. Potter, Mr. Weasley, Miss Granger, please grab your things and head for the castle." said the white-haired man. The three younger ones left without another word.

"I was afraid this would happen."

Chapter one!

Pm's, anyone? :D

PM List:
    mavjade
    />/>
  5. mara_jade_rox Jedi Master

star 2
    I'm really interested to see what happens and how they ended up with dear old Harry.

PM?

MJR@};-
  6. Lady_Misty Force Ghost

star 4
    Interesting.

I look forward to more! :)
  7. Book-Geek Jedi Master

star 3
    Dumbly-dore feared this would happen? Why?[face_thinking] Eagerly waiting for more.
  8. Jedi_Saber101 Jedi Master

star 2
    Thanks for the kind comments! [:D]

Chapter Two:

"Please, this way." said the old man. "Minerva, please inform the students that everything is alright, and that Severus and I won't be arriving at the feast tonight until later. Severus, with us please."

When he finished, the woman nodded and swiftly walked out of the train and miraculously disappeared. The white haired man gestured for Luke and Ben to follow as he stepped out of the train, the other man, Severus, they assumed, trailed behind. They walked through a large gateway, where they saw the three youth whom they.... 'met' earlier stepping into a carriage of some sort, being pulled by some of the most.... frightening looking animals they've seen. Dark, winged, and with bones showing, they looked as if they were dead.

"Excuse me, uh Mister...." Ben started.

"Oh, how terribly rude of me. My name is Professor Albus Dumbledore. Headmaster at Hogwarts. And this is Professor Severus Snape, the potions master." Severus nodded curtly. "I'll get to that matter later, but those creatures are called Thestrals. Only people who have experienced death of a close one and have understood it can see them. Fascinating animals, I must say. Now, if you would all take my arm." Albus said, holding out his arm. "Severus, you can go on ahead first. My office."

"Certainly, Professor." he said, in a deep, almost depressing voice. Stepping away slightly, he suddenly disappeared into thin air. The Skywalkers looking on in shock. Luke looked to Dumbledore in shock. "What did he just do?"

"Ah, yes. That is called apparating. Quite handy, really. Please, take my arm. And you might want to brace yourselves. Apparating can be quite, uncomfortable for first-timers.

Luke and Ben looked once again uncertainly at each other, and both took Albus' arm. Immediately a dark, twisting feeling broke out to all of them. It felt as though the air around them grew thick and pressed against them, forcing the air out of their lungs. As soon as it started, the sensation ended, and they found themselves in an entirely different area. They were inside a very old, large castle. It was quite beautiful inside, with people patrolling the halls.

"Welcome to Hogwarts."

---

"Ah, Severus, sorry for the wait. Oh, please, all of you. Sit down."

They were in a large, circular room, with paintings all over the room (Paintings that were moving). In the center, and up the small case of stairs, was a desk, and up another set of stairs was a door leading to another room, which would remain unknown.

Father and son sat down on two random chairs, while Severus remained standing.

The hours went by, with Dumbledore and Severus explaining the concepts of magic, and answering whatever questions the Skywalkers had.

"But Professor, you said earlier that you were afraid this would happen. What did you mean by that, exactly?" Luke asked. As soon as he finished that sentence, Albus' expression fell.

"Oh, did I say that? I must've slipped a few words. Now why don't we head down to the feast? You can't miss the first dinner of the school year. Now, come!" Dumbledore stood up.

That took a while to write... But it turned out better than I expected! :D

PM LIST;

mavjade,
    mara_jade_rox
    />/>
  9. Book-Geek Jedi Master

star 3
    I'm gonna love Dumbledore explaining Thestrals to Luke and Ben. And this is 5th year, right? So that means Umbridge. What is going to happen when the Skywalkers collide with the evil in pink?
  10. Lady_Misty Force Ghost

star 4
    yeah, if evil lady in pink is around it will be interesting.
  11. Rew Force Ghost

star 4
    This raises the question: Are Jedi technically muggles? :p
  12. mara_jade_rox Jedi Master

star 2

Hmmm. This makes me think. Although with the Force, who knows?

Very interesting so far. And I hope Ben gives Umbridge tens times as much trouble as Harry ever did. Or the Weasley twins. :mad: <--because that's how Umbridge makes me feel.

MJR[face_peace]
  13. mavjade It's so FLUFFY Fanfic & New Movies Manager

Manager
    star 6
    Great updates!

"But Professor, you said earlier that you were afraid this would happen. What did you mean by that, exactly?"
    I wonder the same thing!!

I'm looking forward to more!

=D=
  14. Jedi_Saber101 Jedi Master

star 2
    Book-Geek: Yup. Fifth year equals= Professor/Headmaster Dolores Umbridge, extra-Malfoy-trouble (I wonder how Ben's going to stand up to him, with his... Red hair and all), Luna Lovegood, and the Best. Good. Against. Evil. Battle. Ever. Not to mention Dumbledore's army!

Lady_Misty: Definitely. [face_mischief]

Rew: Well, I have thought about that, but who knows!

mara_jade_rox: I hope so too! I wonder how the Skywalkers are gonna react to the mischievous twins?

mavjade: Thank you! :D

Chapter Three:

As the three of them (Snape had already left for the feast a moment earlier) started for the door of Dumbledore's office, Ben piped up.

"Professor, how do... How do we find out if we're magical?"

Albus turned to Ben with a smile. "No need to worry. We already did. Only magic-folk can see, let alone enter, Hogwarts. But the question is, which house are you, Ben, going to be sorted into. I'd rather have your father taught by privately by a teacher. Now, let me see...." He said, grabbing an old, raggity, pointed hat from a shelf.

"Would you rather sit, or stand?"

Ben, clearly confused, cocked a brow and said, "Uh, I'll sit."

Dumbledore smiled, snapped his fingers, and a chair appeared behind Ben, who gingerly sat down. Albus gently set the hat on Ben's head. As the hat fell over his eyes, the hat started to move, and a voice came from it.

"Ah, this is new. Quite new indeed. A Skywalker, are you? I've never heard of such a name. Longbottom, yes, even a Finch-Fletchly, but never a name as odd as this. Now, to business. Very brave, kind, but still, quite difficult. Ambitious, yes. Oh yes. Cunning even. I remember the last time I had someone like you. Put them in Gryffindor I did. I guess I shall do the same. Better be... Gryffindor!"

Dumbledore smiled once again and pulled the hat off his head. "My old house. Oh, how I miss the days I was as student. Greatest seven years of my life. Now, shall we go down to the feast?"

---

..."And how lovely to see all your bright... Happy faces smiling up at me. I'm sure we're all going to be very good friends."

"That's likely."

Ben, being sorted into Gryffindor, had been given house robes to wear, and was permitted to sit with his now fellow Gryffindors by Dumbledore. The three on the train earlier had introduced themselves to Ben. Harry, Hermione and Ron were their names. All were about fifteen years of age. He was also starting to like Fred and George. Ron's older twin brothers. They were starting to like him, too.

"...Let us preserve what must be preserved..."

Dumbledore had suggested that Luke take a seat next to him at the teacher's table, and he had accepted. The hall was absolutely stunning to be truthful. The sky was even more stunning. Bewitched, Dumbledore had said, to change into whatever was possible.

"...Perfect what can be perfected..."

Ben already started disliking this woman.

"...And prune practices that ought to be prohibited."

"Thank you, Professor Umbridge. That really was most illuminating."

"Illuminating? What a load of waffle."

"What's it mean?"

Ben was quite confused as to what they were saying.

"Magic is forbidden in the corridors."

"It means the Ministry's interfering at Hogwarts." said Hermione. A deathly silence fell over the group after she said that.

--

"So, uhm, you don't really mind me sharing quarters with you, do you? I mean, it wasn't really my choice or anything, 'cause Dumbledore pretty much forced it upon me, since he thought that I should be around wizards as strong as you and-" Ben started.

"No, of course not! I think it's great! I mean, I'm starting to really like you. Y'know. I have a feeling we're gonna be good friends by the end of the year." said Ron. "Whaddya think, Harry?"

"Oh, yeah! Definitely!" said Harry, who sped up the staircases to the Gryffindor common room.

"What's wrong with him?" Ben asked.

"Who knows? He's been acting strange all evening. Hey! 'Mione! Wa-" Ron started.

"Sorry Ron, I need to check something. Goodnight!" Hermione sped past them, sto/>
  15. Lady_Misty Force Ghost

star 4
    Wow!

Hey Ben, use the Force to make Lady Darth Pink miserable and I will be a happy girl.
  16. Book-Geek Jedi Master

star 3
    Ben is a Gryffindor!!!![face_dancing] And already doesn't like Umbridge. It only takes so few words out of her mouth to become hated.... Poor Harry; 5th year is so rough on him.:(
  17. Jedi_Saber101 Jedi Master

star 2
    Lady_Misty: Sorry, no using the Force outside of the Jedi Academy. :D

Book-Geek: Well, I'd go for Slytherin myself, but alright. :D and who DOESN'T hate Umbridge?

Chapter Four:

"Ah, Ben. May I have a word?" Dumbledore greeted Ben outside the Gryffindor common room. Ben nodded with a smile and glanced back at Harry, Ron and Hermione, who were heading down to the great hall for breakfast.

"Now, first of all, I would like to give you this." He handed Ben a notebook. "This is an enchanted notebook. I gave your father an identical one. Whatever you write in this will be transferred to your father's. And, vice-versa.

"Second, I would like to tell you that you will be taking classes with the fifth years. Since the school is going to go through... Some changes this term, I'd like you to join Harry Potter. That is all. You may go down to breakfast."

"Um, thanks. See you later." Ben said, stuffing the notebook into his inner pocket and going down a few steps. But then he realized something.

"Sir, I don't have a wand." He said, only to find that Dumbledore had gone. Suddenly, something hit him on the head. "Ow."

Ben looked down to see none other than a wand, rolling down the steps. He smiled, then scowled, as he just realized Dumbledore pretty much threw a wand at his head. Or maybe not. Plus, it was rolling down some enchanted moving stair cases.

"Oh, kriff." He ran down the steps and finally got a hold of the wand after a descent of a few floors. He sighed and ran down to the great hall.

---

"Oi, Ben! Over here!" he heard Ron's voice from somewhere to the right of him. He looked that way and saw the trio. He smiled and took a seat next to Hermione, who was reading a book on defensive spells.

"Morning guys." he said, taking some porridge from a large bowl in front of him and scooping it into his bowl.

"Did you sleep well?" Hermione asked him, shutting her spell book and turning toward him.

"Yeah. Great." Ben said, taking a large bite of porridge. Hermione was almost disgusted. How many Rons do there have to be in the world?

"So I heard that Professor Umbridge is all ready and is starting today." Hermione said.

"Oh, this is going to be a great year." said Harry sarcastically.

"No kidding. I don't like her at all. I bet she's even worse than Lockhart. What I'd give for another teacher like Professor Lupin." said Ron.

"Excuse me, I have to go get all my books ready." said Hermione suddenly, grabbing her book, standing up and walking out.

PM List:

mavjade,
    mara_jade_rox
    />/>
  18. Lady_Misty Force Ghost

star 4
    No usage of the Force?! AW! :( I was really looking forward to Umbridge getting it. Guess I'll have to wait on the Weasley twins and Peeves.
  19. Book-Geek Jedi Master

star 3

I myself am a self-proclaimed Hufflepuff, but I support Gryffindor 'cause of the awesomness that is the trio (and now Ben!)

[face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh] This totally made my day!!!!!

So how is DADA going to go, I wonder?[face_thinking]
  20. mavjade It's so FLUFFY Fanfic & New Movies Manager

Manager
    star 6
    Gryffindor is perfect for Ben! :D

Ben looked down to see none other than a wand, rolling down the steps. He smiled, then scowled, as he just realized Dumbledore pretty much threw a wand at his head. Or maybe not. Plus, it was rolling down some enchanted moving stair cases

[face_laugh] Love it!

Cute updates! =D=
  21. Jedi_Saber101 Jedi Master

star 2
    Thank you all! :D

Chapter Five:

"Ordinary Wizarding Level examinations. O-W-Ls. More commonly known as OWLS. Study hard, and you will be rewarded. Fail to do so, and the consequences may be severe."

Great. Ben wasn't even listening. He propped his head up with his arm, and stared at the large blackboard in front of him. Ron, who was beside him, wasn't even listening either. They only decided to listen when Harry mentioned his name.

"Now. Let me make this quite plain. You have been told, that a certain dark wizard is at large once again. This is a lie." said Umbridge.

"It's not a lie! I saw him, I fought him!"

"Detention, Mr. Potter."

"Then Cedric Diggory dropped dead on his own accord?" Harry demanded, clearly angry.

"Cedric Diggory's death was a tragic accident."

"It was murder. Voldemort killed him!"

"Enough! See me later, Mr. Potter. my office."

Everything fell silent, and the class went on, everyone reading out of books for beginners.

---

Ben followed Hermione and Ron out back to the great hall as Harry parted ways to Professor Umbridge's office. As he was taking his first bite, a piece of bewitched paper folded into the shape of a bird landed next to Ben's left hand. He raised a brow and unfolded it. Inside read; "You're not a Weasley are you?"

He looked around.

"What's that?" asked Ron. Ben showed him the parchment. His expression turned sour. He nodded his head toward the Slytherin table. Ben turned around in his seat.

"That's Draco Malfoy. He's pretty much the school bully. His dad's evil. Plus he hates my family."

"And Muggle-Borns, like myself." said Hermione, looking up at Ben.

"Oh. Do you have a quill or something?" He said.

"Yes, here." Hermione took a quill and some ink out of her bag.

"Thanks. Hey! Fred, can you write some kind of... Joke involving Malfoy over there?"

Fred was more than happy. "Of course! Let me see that."

Within a few seconds, Ben re-folded the paper with a smile and sent it flying back to Draco. As soon as he opened it, his facial features contorted, and his skin turned bright red.

"Thanks, Fred."

"No problem! Now excuse me, Lee Jordan's found another secret corridor!"

The two who were across from him - Ron and Hermione - were quite amused. "I think we should try to avoid Malfoy for a few days." said Ron. The three laughed.

---

"How'd it go?" Hermione asked Harry that evening in the Gryffindor common room. Ben was writing to his father through the notebook when he heard her.

"Fine. It went fine. Perfect..."

"Harry, really. What happened? And... What on Earth is wrong with your hand?"

PM List;

mavjade,
    mara_jade_rox
    />/>
  22. Lady_Misty Force Ghost

star 4
    What did Ben send Malfoy?
  23. Book-Geek Jedi Master

star 3
    Poor Harry. Umbridge is so mean. :mad:

What DID Ben send to Malfoy? It must involve Weasly Wizard Wheezes products if Fred and George had some part in it...
  24. Jedi_Saber101 Jedi Master

star 2
    Lady_Misty: A very funny insult to Malfoy and his cronies.

Book-Geek: I know! I'm planning on- Oh wait, NEVERMIND. And look ^^ for answer.

By the way, I'm planning on having some weird/epic/evil pairings coming up soon. A hint of one most likely starting in this chapter. Be warned. [face_devil]

Chapter Six

"What? Nothings wrong with my hand." Harry said, showing Hermione his right hand. Hermione glared and grabbed his left hand.

"You've got to tell Dumbledore."

Ben had put away the notebook and was looking over the edge of the sofa.

"No. Dumbledore's got enough on his mind right now. I don't want to give Umbridge the satisfaction."

"Bloody hell Harry, the woman's torturing you! If the parents knew about this," said Ron.

"Well I haven't got any of those, have I Ron?"

"You should report it in. I mean, they're not supposed to do this, are they?" said Ben.

"No, they're not. Harry, it's perfectly simple. You're being-"

"No, it's not Hermione. Whatever it is, it's not simple. You don't understand."

"Then help us to."

---

Ben awoke the next morning to a loud snoring. He looked around. Everyone else was sleeping. He got up and walked around the room. It wasn't Seamus. Not Dean. Not Neville. Definitely not Harry. Finally he stopped at Ron's four-poster. Ben rolled his eyes and looked out the window. The sun was just coming up.

He got dressed, and sat back down on his bunk, waiting for the snoring to stop, and everyone to wake up.

---

"Do you ever stop eating?" Hermione asked Ron in disgust as he was chomping down on a large sausage.

"What? I'm hungry!" he said through a mouth full of food. Ben smiled and finished his eggs when Harry finally arrived for breakfast.

"Can I join you?" he asked. They all glanced at each other, then at the entrance to the great hall where everybody was spilling into.

Hermione sighed. "Now what?"

At that moment, Ben suddenly realized how beautiful she was.

Pm's? [:D]

PM List;

mavjade,
    mara_jade_rox
    />/>
  25. Lady_Misty Force Ghost

star 4
    Do I smell an interest in Hermione?

Ben likes Hermione, Ben likes Hermione!
Moderators: Briannakin, mavjade