main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends "It Does not do Well to Dwell on Dreams, and Forget to Live." [SW/HP Crossover]

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Jedi_Saber101, Oct 9, 2011.

1. Book-Geek

Book-Geek Jedi Knight star 3

May 28, 2011
    Ben? And Hermione? Yeah, that is a little uh... interesting to say the least. Why not Parvarti Patil? Or Lavander (Don't think I'm spelling her name right) Brown? That'd make everyone's sixth year go better if Ben took a shine to Lavander...

2. mavjade

mavjade Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 10, 2005
    Uh oh... Ben's got a crush on Hermione! This could be interesting!

Good updates! =D=

3. Jedi_Saber101

Jedi_Saber101 Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 2, 2011
    Lady_Misty: *Chants* :D

Book-Geek: Hey, I said things would be interesting, didn't I? I'm gonna play around with Ben and a few other girls, then I'll decide which one I like best. Oh, yeah. EVERYONE'S year would be better... Except for Ben. And it's Lavender. :)

mavjade: Uh-oh indeed. Thank you! :D

[u][i][b]Chapter Seven:[/b][/i][/u]

The next few days went horribly. Ben found out the hard way why exactly everyone hated Professor Snape.... And Peeves, the prankster ghost. He was also soon regretting what he did to Malfoy.

"Oi! Look! It's a ickle grown-up firstie!"

"Mr. Skywalker... Detention."

"Hey! You! Weasel's friend! I thought you were expelled!"

He didn't think school could be this bad. Only the Gryffindors and a few others seemed to be getting used to him. Although he didn't quite understand why one particular Ravenclaw who was two years younger, was warming up with him. He had followed Harry a few days back to the Forbidden Forest, to find Luna Lovegood there, feeding some Thestrals.

He couldn't help relating to her though. Her mother had also died when she was only nine. Except... She was quite... Different.

Ever since the little... "Quarrel" between McGonagall and Umbridge, rules had been put up outside the entrance to the great hall. All of which nobody was happy about. What was worse, Umbridge was taking over almost everything.

"What's going on?" Harry asked a Ravenclaw girl one day.

"It's Professor Trelawney." she replied.

Everyone was piled in the courtyard outside. Umbridge had pretty much fired the professor. They watched as Dumbledore, bursting with anger, made an entrance. This was torture. For some reason, Dumbledore wouldn't let Ben talk to him, let alone get close. Harry neither.

That night, as Ben was finishing his homework, he heard an unfamiliar voice coming from downstairs. He put his quill down and tip-toed out.

"...Training you to kill half-breeds?"

"She's not letting us use magic at all."

"Well, I'm not surprised. The latest intelligence is that Fudge doesn't want you trained in combat..."

Ben looked closer. In the fire, he saw, clearly, a face. Not just any face. He'd seen that face before. Harry and Hermione had explained (quite reluctantly) who Sirius Black was. They said he was Harry's god-father. Ben strained his ear to listen.

"Voldemort is on the move. I'm sorry I can't be of more help. But, for now at least, you're on your own." Sirius disappeared.

"I didn't know you could do that!" Ben said in awe as he made his way down the stairs. The trio looked in shock.

"It's Ok. I won't tell anyone." He said.

Hermione stood up and walked to the window.

"If Voldemort really is out there, we need to be able to defend ourselves. And if Umbridge refuses to do so, we need someone who will." She turned. "Harry."

"This is mad! Who'd want to be taught by me? I'm a nutter, remember?"

"Oh come on Harry, you can't be any worse than old toad face."

"That's actually a really good idea." Ben piped up.

Hermione smiled. "Looks like we've got ourselves a teacher."

[hr]

PMs?

[b]PM LIST;

mavjade,
    mara_jade_rox[/b]

4. Book-Geek

May 28, 2011
    Oh yeah! Bring on Dumbledore's Army, Umbridge's worst nightmare![face_dancing]

5. Lady_Misty

Lady_Misty Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 21, 2007
    Fudge is an idiot and then some. Umbridge is a toad and a Sith wanna be in the guise of a witch.

Does someone have a crush on Ben?

6. Jedi_Saber101

Jun 2, 2011
    Book-Geek: Yay! Dumbledore's army! :D

Lady_Misty: Of course he's an idiot! You'd think that after PoA, he'd be a bit more nicer. But uh... Yeah. And yes, I think Loony DOES have one. [face_mischief]

If any of you have noticed that Hermione and Ron are NOT prefects... Well, I never really liked it that way. They were always seperated from Harry. So yeah...

[u][i][b]Chapter Eight[/b][/i][/u]

"Who exactly are we meeting?" asked Harry as they headed to the Hog's Head.

"You'll see." Hermione said, trudging through the snow.

Ben shivered and looked back at Hogwarts. It seemed so gloomy. Now with all the stupid rules all put up, the school was almost void of laughter. Within a few moments, they had reached the pub.

"Hi. So, you all know why we're here. We need a teacher." Hermione glanced at Ron and Ben. "A proper teacher.One who?s had experience defending themselves against the Dark Arts."

"Why?" someone asked.

"Why? Because You-Know-Who's back, you tosspot."

"So he says." someone said, pointing at Harry.

"So Dumbledore says."

"The point is, where's the proof? If Potter could tell us more
    about how Diggory got killed?"

"Look. I'm not gonna talk about Cedric, so if that's why you're here, clear out now." Harry said angrily, then to Hermione in a whisper; "Come on Hermione, they're here because they think I'm a freak."

"Is it true you can produce a Patronus Charm?" asked Luna hopefully.

"Yes."

"Blimey Harry! I didn't know you could do that." said Dean Thomas, impressed.

"And he killed a Basilisk, with the sword in Dumbledore's office."

"Third year he fought off about a hundred Demetor's at once."

"Wait." interrupted Harry, looking around at everyone. "I know it sounds great when you say it like that, but the truth is, I had help half the time."

"He's just being modest." said Hermione, shooting Harry a warning glance.

"No, I'm not, Hermione. Facing this stuff in real life is not like school. In school, if you make a mistake, you can just try again tomorrow. But out there?

"?when you?re a second away from being murdered? or watching a friend die right before your eyes? You don?t know what that?s like."

Ben looked down at the floor. How many times had he himself felt that way? Especially after his mother died.

"You're right Harry. We don't. That's why we need your help." said Hermione.

At that, one by one, everybody stood up and put their names on the piece of parchment on the table nearest.

"Right, so first we need a place to practice. Where Umbridge won't find out." said Ben as they started walking back to Hogwarts.

"The Shrieking Shack?" asked Ginny.

"Too small." Harry shook his head.

"Forbidden Forest?" asked Neville.

"Not bloody likely!" said Ron.

"But what'll happen if... Y'know, Umbridge does find out?" asked Ben.

"Who cares? It's kind of fun, isn't it. Breaking the rules?" said Hermione with a grin.

Ron looked taken aback.

"Who are you and what've you done with Hermione Granger?"

"Anyway, at least we know one positive thing that came from today."

"What?s that?" asked Harry.

"Cho couldn?t take her eyes off you, could she?"

Ben sweared he could see a glint of jealousy in Ginny's eyes.

[hr]

[b]PM List;

mavjade,
    mara_jade_rox[/b]

7. Lady_Misty

Mar 21, 2007
    Can't wait until more is revealed.

8. Book-Geek

May 28, 2011

I bet you did, Ben.

Very nice chapter!=D=

9. Jedi_Saber101

Jun 2, 2011
    Thank you all! :D

[u][i][b]Chapter Nine[/b][/i][/u]

"All student organizations are henceforth disbanded. Any student in noncompliance will be expelled."

Ben stood there, looking up at the new rule set up by Umbridge. He was boiling with anger. The [i]toad[/i]! Now what were they going to do? They've just recruited twenty-eight people for this?

"Have you forgotton everything I taught you already?"

"I know, I know, control your emotions, and there's always a third option. Right, a third option with that devil around." said Ben sarcastically to his father.

Luke chuckled. "So, how are your classes going so far?"

"Oh, fine. Defense Against The Dark Arts is just [i]great[/i]. Potions is fine except for the teacher. Divination is just plain weird. Care of Magical Creatures is weird. History of Magic sucks. A ghost as a teacher? Really? Transfiguration and Charms are probably the only ones I like. So, classes are horrible." He said, still glaring at the framed rule. "So.... How's your magic going?"

His father shrugged. "Fine. Dumbledore's impressed, I ju-"

Hermione had appeared around the corner. Ben turned a slight shade of pink. "Oh, am I interrupting something? Hello sir. Uh..." She looked around and whispered, "Neville found something."

Luke smiled and gave Ben a little shove. "I'll see you later." With that he walked off.

"You've done it, Neville. You found the Room of Requirement."

"The what?" Ben said in confusion.

"It's also known as the Come and Go room. Dobby told us about it. The Room of Requirement only appears when a person has real need of it. And it's always equiped for the seeker's needs."

"So... Say you really needed the toilet?" Ron asked.

Hermione rolled her eyes.

"Charming, Ronald. But, yes."

--

[i]"Expelliarmus![/i] I'm hopeless." said Neville.

"No, Neville, you're just flourishing your wand too much. Try it like this. [i]Expelliarmus![/i]" Harry's spell disarmed the dummy immediately.

Neville sighed. Ben wasn't doing so well either. Just a few seconds ago he had almost caused Parvarti to lose an eye. Or almost caused Zacharias Smith to be stabbed with his own wand. He wouldn't exactly want to say it, but he thought he kind of deserved it.

But he couldn't help smiling to himself when he saw Cho or Harry blush everytime they came close.

[hr]

[b]PM List;

mavjade,
    mara_jade_rox[/b]

10. Book-Geek

May 28, 2011
    Room of Requirement!!! [face_dancing]

And "devil" and "toad" are fairly accurate descriptions of Umbridge.

11. Lady_Misty

Mar 21, 2007
    Umbridge is a disgusting toad! I wonder what she'd think of Chiss, Twi'leks, Togrutas and others like them.

12. Jedi_Saber101

Jun 2, 2011
    Thanks guys! And happy holidays! :D

[u][i][b]Chapter Ten[/b][/i][/u]

The weeks went by. The [i]Army[/i] was quickly learning how to defend themselves, but it was time for the holidays, and today they were having their final lesson for the term.

Today they were practicing stunning spells, something that Ben had honestly wanted to learn ever since it was mentioned by Harry a while ago. First up were Harry and Nigel.

They positioned themselves across from each other, and Nigel yelled;

"[i]Stupefy![/i]"

Harry was sent flying.

"Great, Nigel!" Harry said as he got up, with a smile. Then.... It was Ron and Hermione.

"I'll go easy on you." whispered Ron to her.

She rolled her eyes with a laugh. "Thanks, Ronald."

They stood across from each other, and before Ron had even raised his wand to the defensive postion, Hermione yelled "[i]Stupefy![/i] Ron went flying, and landed hard on his back on the hard floor. The girls of the [i]Army[/i] crowded around Hermione, all of them giggling.

Ben couldn't help but stare at her. Soon enough, Harry was calling Ben and Colin Creevey's name. [i]Obviously[/i], Ben was too busy staring to notice.

"Ben!" Harry said sternly for the last time. Ben snapped out of his thoughts and his face turned a bright red.

"Sory." he cleared his throat, getting into position.

Colin raised his wand first, but Ben was the first to yell out the incantation. As soon as the words left his lips, Colin went flying. He smiled to himself.

The class went by slowly that night. Ginny had performed a quite effective Reductor charm, causing the dummy they had all been using to turn into dust.

But finally, class ended for the term. Everyone got their bags and headed for the exit, all casting out farewells to Harry.

"Have a good Christmas, Harry!", "Merry Christmas, Harry!", "See you in the common room, Harry!".

Cho hadn't moved. She was standing in front of the large mirror, looking at the picture of Cedric Diggory that was taped onto the mirror. Ben watched as Fred and George offered some suggestions for poisoning or harming Umbridge, but Harry told them off quickly and walked toward Cho. The twins glanced at each other and turned to go, each giving Ben a pat on the back.

He raised a brow as he saw a small bunch of mistletoe above Cho and Harry before leaving with a smile.

He caught up with Ron and Hermione, barely escaping a laughing Peeves who was zooming around the halls, throwing objects everywhere.

~*~

"How was it?"

"Well.... Wet"

[hr]

[b]PM List;

mavjade,
    mara_jade_rox[/b]

13. Lady_Misty

Mar 21, 2007
    Stun charms.

Who do you ship with? I mean I don't have an opinion with who should marry who in Harry Potter but do you?

14. Book-Geek

May 28, 2011
    ROFL! The first thing I thought of on reading that was serendipityaey's newest "Jedi Don't Cuddle" viggie!

Watch out for the Nargles, Harry!;)

And loved the duels!

15. Jedi_Saber101

Jun 2, 2011
    Thank you, guys! :D And, a bit of a note here, beginning with this post, the story is gonna drift over to the book (Which, I apologise that I have only read HALF of OotP because it's an eight hundred some page long book, and it was long over-due from the library.) and become more AU.

[i][u][b]Chapter Eleven[/b][/u][/i]

Ben and Luke had spent the holidays at Hogwarts, receiving special lessons on using magic from Dumbledore and a variety of other Professors.

Now, Ben couldn't help but be excited that his new friends were coming back in only a few hours.

---

"Dillywinkle."

"And to you!"

"Yeah, whatever." He said, stepping through the portrait hole. As he passed the billboard, he couldn't help but notice a medium sized poster of scarlet and gold, with large words on the front; [i]GRYFFINDOR QUIDDITCH TEAM TRYOUTS STARTING AT END OF HOLIDAY BREAK. CONTACT TEAM CAPTAIN ANGELINA JOHNSON[/i].

He slowly turned to his left. Ben knew that Angelina was one of the people who had stayed over the holidays, and he knew that was who he saw writing on a piece of parchment a few feet away.

"Hey, Angelina?"

---

"Alright, you're good to go. Signed up for the Chaser position. Tryouts are tomorrow evening at seven. Be there, Skywalker. Our team's missing too many players this year."

"Thanks." he said as Angelina went back to writing on the piece of parchment.

Ben went up to his dorm to grab a few things, and returned to the common room. As he stepped off the last step, he heard three distinct voices coming from the entrance.

"I'm telling you, Harry! You have to tell someone about this!"

"I agree. Merlin knows what bloody else she's going to do to you, Mate!"

"No. I already told you! It'll just give Umbridge the satisfaction. And besides, Dumbledore doesn't want to see me anymore these days anyway."

"Harry, don't say that! He's probably ju- Oh, hello Ben! Good holidays?"

Ben turned bright red. "Uh, yeah! Great, you?"

"Oh, it was good. Excuse me." Hermione passed by him and climbed the steps up to the girls' dormitories.

That was when Ben noticed bright red words on Harry's hand.

---

He hadn't ridden a broom yet. It looked uncomfortable. But fun. Harry said it was great. He looked across the field. Ron was looking quite green.

"Alright everyone, in the air!" came Angelina's voice. Ben swung his leg over the broom and started to raise up.

[hr]

[b]PM List;

mavjade,
    mara_jade_rox[/b]

16. Book-Geek

May 28, 2011
    Ah. So young Skywalker is learning other ways of flying. I can't wait to see what will happen with this.

17. Lady_Misty

Mar 21, 2007
    Blast! I nearly missed a post!

Umbridge needs to get lost!

Ben's learning how to fly on a broom? Wicked!

18. mavjade

mavjade Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 10, 2005
    I got way behind... I apologize!

Great chapters! Yay, quidditch! :) I wonder what Ben will do about Harry!

I look forward to more!

=D=

19. Jedi_Saber101

Jun 2, 2011
    Thank you all! [:D]

[u][i][b]Chapter Twelve[/b][/i][/u]

Exciting? Hardly. Exhilarating? Precisely. He didn't think that this would be better than flying in an actual ship! But of course, that wasn't possible here. As soon as he became level with Harry and the rest, he looked at the stands. His father was there, giving him a reassuring smile, and there was Hermione. She grinned and waved at him, whilst he almost fell of his broom trying to wave back.

"So, Harry. You want to talk about your hand?" he whispered to Harry as they were close enough to each other. Ben could see Harry's left hand instinctively clasp his right hand as he looked up at the former. "It's nothing, I just scratched myself back at th- During the holidays. How have your spells been going?" he quickly changed the subject, leaving Ben with a slight scowl on his face.

"They've been fine. You should've seen the security during the break though. Umbridge is getting worse by the minute. Filch and his stupid cat has been roaming the halls more than ever. We need another way to keep in contact with each other, don't you think?" Harry seemed to already know that Ben would ask that. "Don't worry. Hermione's developed something to keep the Army in touch. We'll be handing them out when all the classes start again."

Ben glanced eagerly back at the stands. Hermione wasn't there anymore. His thoughts were abruptly interrupted by Angelina's shout. "Alright, here we go! Keepers, go first. Chasers are next! On your marks!" She blew her whistle, and Ron got into position. Ben realized that he was supposed to be there too, so he also got into position. Angelina threw him the ball, and he headed straight toward the three rings. He threw the quaffle with all his might, expecting Ron to block it successfully, only to see the ball go in, and Ron to slide off his own broom slightly and suddenly.

The cycle continued a few more tries before the whistle blew again. "Next!" Ben sighed in relief as his feet touched solid ground once more. Angelina gave him a thumbs up, which he returned with a smile, before joining Ron who was sitting on the ground. "I was horrible. I know it." he sulked as Harry joined them.

"Don't say that. It's your first time. But Ben, that was some pretty good flying. I'm sure you'll make the team." he said, giving him a pat on the back. Once again, Ben probed Harry. "Seriously, what's with the hand? It looks a lot like that writing came ba-"

"Look, I'm fine! It's nothing, it was just Hermione's cat, Crookshanks." Harry cut him off abruptly. Sighing, Harry looked back at Ben pleadingly. "I'll tell you later." was all he said before standing up. Soon enough, training was over. Everyone was heading toward the changing rooms when Angelina called Ben and Ron over.

"Alright, you've both made it on the team. Skywalker, excellent job out there. Weasley.... Just work on your skills a bit more, alright?" she said. Ron stared at his feet and nodded. "Now, you should get some rest. Go on." Angelina said before setting off also.

~*~

"Really? That's wonderful, Ben! And only on your first trial, too! I'm sure you'll do excellent during the first game. You too, Ronald." Hermione said as she saw Ron sulking in front of the fire.

Ben grinned at her. "Thanks. Well, I'm going to get some rest. See you in the morning." he said, standing up and strutting toward the steps up to the boys' dormitories. As soon as he set his hand on the handle, he heard some sizzling, and then a new, somewhat familiar voice. Could only mean one thing, which did not concern Ben at all, so he opened up the door anyway. That wasn't all though. As soon as he put his things down, he heard a yelp and some more sizzling, and then clanging. Ben ran back out and looked down. The three downstairs were looking at each other in fear, then to Ben. "Umbridge."

~*~

"Alright, good evening everyone. Hope you all had a good holiday. So tonight, we're going to review the previous spells that we have been practicing last term. Our next lesson, however, will include what most of you have been wai

20. Lady_Misty

Mar 21, 2007
    I wonder what Ben's will be.

21. Book-Geek

May 28, 2011
    "Look, I'm fine! It's nothing, it was just Hermione's cat, Crookshanks."

Sure. Blame the cat. 'Cause that worked oh so well two years ago for Ron.:p

I'm excited to see what Ben's patronus will be.[face_dancing]

22. imperator 277

imperator 277 Jedi Youngling

Nov 2, 2013
    This is a really great story. I cannot wait to read more. I hope you do other SW/HP stories in the future. Maybe with Harry ending up in the SW universe and meeting Jaina and becoming a Jedi? Romance ensues, battles, adventure, the usual. Please Consider it!