main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends It Got Too Hot (L/M vignette; sequel to ~It Was Cold~ and ~The Blanket Incident~)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by obaona, Sep 22, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. obaona

obaona Jedi Master star 4

Jun 18, 2002
    Thanks for clicking! :D

Title: It Got Too Hot
    Summary: It gets too hot? :p
    A/N: This is the sequel to The Blanket Incident and It Was Cold. The Blanket Incident came first, and It Was Cold is the sequel to that. This is the sequel to It Was Cold. Got all that? I'm confusing myself. :p
    A/N2: Many thanks to LadyPadme for beta'ing and for the title. ;)
    Chronological Listing and Links of the Series: I am putting this here due to the fact that readers have posted on different stories with ?what?s this about a sequel??. :p Here are all the stories (including this one) in chronological order (not the order they were written): Cold Front, Breaking the Ice, The Blanket Incident, It Was Cold, If You Can?t Stand the Heat, Warming Up, It Got Too Hot, Kindling the Flame, Mara the Burninator, It?s Not the Heat, It?s the Humidity, and Heat Wave.

Cover Art

*HUGGIES* to all my persistent readers! :D

?This is entirely your fault.?

?It is not.?

?Yes, it is.?

?Is ? ? It suddenly struck me how little like a Jedi Master I sounded . . . in fact, my tone and words had more in common with my young nephews or niece. ?Mara,? I sighed, finally.

She sighed in return.

?I didn?t make it hot,? I said, and turned to look over at her.

We were lying in our bedroom, the guest bedroom on the ship. Mara?s ship, the Jade?s Fire, had gotten, of all things, a faulty heat distributor. That basically meant we had to shut the engines down, or things would destabilize and the insides of the vessel would probably melt from uneven and uncontrolled heat distribution. We had sat frozen for hours before help, in the form of a group of scholarly Yekne, had arrived.

We hadn?t been worried about getting help ? we were in one of the major space lanes as we traveled back to Coruscant to visit my sister. It was just uncomfortable to be sitting in the miserable cold. The portable heaters weren?t strong enough to make much of a noticeable difference, so when the Yekne came and offered us a lift, we accepted.

Of course, the thing about the Yekne is that while they are a very hospitable species known for their curiosity and knowledge, they also prefer ? need ? much higher temperatures than the average human does.

?It?s hot,? Mara said again, throwing her arms over her head, letting them lie on top of her hair. She had thrown it up, as well, above her head as we lay down on the bed.

?It?s not that bad,? I said soothingly.

She sat up abruptly, and leaned over me dangerously, her pretty green eyes glittering wi

2. Jedi_Liz

Jedi_Liz Jedi Grand Master star 6

Apr 24, 2000
    oba oba oba, you naughty girl (for this quote):

I smiled, having an idea of what was coming. ?Yes, I am.?

She rose, grabbed my wrist, and pulled me to the bed, even pushing me onto it with a hand on my chest. Then she took the bottom of my shirt, and made to pull it up, smirking at me. ?It?s about to get hotter.?

;)

3. Benjor45

Benjor45 Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 25, 2003
    Oba!

[face_laugh]

?We?re having a relationship problem??

?Don?t make me use my holdout blaster.?

[face_laugh]

?You wouldn?t have to use that to knock me dead,? I said, grinning mischievously.

She groaned. ?Skywalker, that was so corny. That was . . . Lando-speak.?

[face_laugh]

?Cold now?? I finally managed to ask.

[face_laugh]

?It?s about to get hotter.?

[face_mischief] [face_mischief] [face_mischief]

Oba, that's some evil vig you've got there. With this title I had an idea it would be like that, but even then... :cool: :cool: :cool:

4. RebelMom

RebelMom Jedi Knight star 6

Apr 20, 2000
    That was great! I loved it. *thinks about using ice on hubby*

5. Gabri_Jade

Gabri_Jade Fanfic Archive Editor Emeritus star 5 VIP

Nov 9, 2002
    *tackle hugs oba* THE SEQUEL!!!!!!! Darn you, how do you write SO FAST??????? But I suppose I shouldn't complain, since it means I get to read wonderful things like this. :D

?It?s hot,? Mara said again, throwing her arms over her head, letting them lie on top of her hair. She had thrown it up, as well, above her head as we lay down on the bed.

I like how Mara throws her hair up above her head rather than have it against her neck. Very realistic touch, fellow desert-girl. ;)

She groaned. ?Skywalker, that was so corny. That was . . . Lando-speak.?

*giggles* 'Lando-speak'. I love it. :D

She looked at me, and her expression abruptly softened. I blinked, somewhat surprised by the sudden loving warmth in her face. She held out her hand, which I took cautiously. ?Darling,? she said carefully, and I snorted in surprise at the endearment, ?see if you can get the Yekne to change the heating just for this room??

*grins* This is so perfect. I love Mara trying to butter him up, and how Luke sees right through it.

Finally, using some trick I didn?t know ? something to do with nerve points and very fast hands ? she wrested the bag from me fully, turned it upside down, and poured the contents on my head.

Good for Mara! I love the slight vagueness of 'something to do with nerve points and very fast hands'. You have such a way with words. It sounds perfectly authentic and believable (and humorous!), without having to go into any detail.

Mara stopped, giggling ? she did giggle, sometimes, and it was always a sight I treasured

Oh, so sweet! That's such a beautiful little snippet of their life together. :) I'm so glad you had this written and posted already! Reading it has put me in quite a good mood. Thanks, oba-darling! :D

6. Dev_Binks

Dev_Binks Jedi Knight star 6

Aug 7, 2003
    Then I shoved a handful of ice up her shirt.
    Skywalker is such a bad guy. :p I love these.

7. rogue11lovesjag

rogue11lovesjag Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 13, 2002
    WooT!!! I love Mara. I hadn't read the other ones, so this was a major treat, oba!

~Rogue

8. Bri_Windstar

Bri_Windstar Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 27, 2002
    LOL!!! That ending! 8-}

What happened to not being pervy?? 8-}

Nah, it was cute, interesting. Different. Ice down the shirt? I WOULD have killed him. :::giggles:::

But, ah, sweet revenge. :D

First he's cold, then hot, then cold again. What's up with all of the complaining? You just can't satisfy that man...well, maybe Mara can :eek: 8-}

::Windstar Out::

9. Jedi-2B

Jedi-2B Jedi Master star 4

Nov 2, 2000
    Very cute, obaona! Nothing better than a playful Luke and Mara.

10. astrowoman

astrowoman Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 11, 2002
    hehehe! very sweet but naughty.

astro

11. Rivad_Bacar

Rivad_Bacar Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 7, 2002
    Oba you marvelous writer! :D

I debated with myself for a few moments over the advisability of carrying out my plans. Then I shoved a handful of ice up her shirt. [face_devil] ... [face_laugh]

That is so living dangerously Luke, but teasing your wife like that is soooo fun! I loved it Oba! [face_love]

12. obaona

Jun 18, 2002
    Jedi_Liz: I seem to be getting naughtier and naughtier. [face_blush] Is that a word? :p

Benjor45: Oba! :D [face_mischief] Hehehe, I'm glad you liked! :D And I like those lines you quoted too. ;) And aye, it's evil. Or naughty. [face_blush]

RebelMom: [face_laugh] :p Thanks! :D

Gabri_Jade: Er, I don't know how I write so fast. ;) And complain?! :eek: Anywho, I'm glad you liked, fellow desert girl. I'm also glad you could visualize everything despite my lack of thorough description. I always try to put things down as concisely as possible. :D I write to put you in a good mood, my dear. ;) Thanks!

Dev_Binks: Thank you! And aye, he is, at times. ;)

Carr: Do you mean the read the others as well? :confused: Read'em all at one time, so to speak? Anywho, thanks! :D

Bri: *thwacks* :p It's not pervy, it's naughty. [face_mischief] Anywho, glad you enjoyed . . . and of course Mara can satisfy him. ;)

Jedi 2B: I love writing them being playful. :D Thank you! :D

astrowoman: Thanks! I think . . . :p

Rivad_Bacar: Thank you! :D And of course Luke likes to live dangerously. He's married to Mara, now isn't he? 8-}

13. EmilieDarklighter

EmilieDarklighter Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 19, 2002
    Oba! How lovely!

A lovely ending to a wonderful trilogy of vignettes. (Of course, knowing you, who says this is the end?) It was beautiful. My favorite line was probably,

"Don't make me get out my holdout blaster."

This was SO FUNNY! It never ceases to amaze me how fast and how well you write! Always looking forward to anything more from you, dearest!

*grins*

14. Saber-of-Light

Saber-of-Light Jedi Master star 4

Jun 18, 2002
    Obaaaaa! [face_laugh]

Another classic in the viggie series! :D

Loved it as much as the last two ;)

Great little piece of humor :D

15. JainaDurron

JainaDurron Jedi Master star 4

Aug 8, 2002
    Heehee, great post.

~~Jilly

16. Benjor45

Benjor45 Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 25, 2003
    Page 2? No way! Arriba!

Oba, I got now what I wanted to say about your descriptive abilities. I can really visualise them playing out your scenes, and it comes at no effort at all, almost like I was 'reading a movie'. It's really that good and the most baffling is that you use very simple and economic descriptions.
    Edit:Hmmm, not exactly simple, but with relatively few words you convey a lot.

BTW.
    :DHehehe; [face_mischief]Hehehe = I guess that's the mark of an evil and naughty writer.
    [face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh]

17. Dancing_Jansons

Dancing_Jansons Jedi Master star 3

Oct 1, 2002
    Ah, just as great as your others, Oba!

18. obaona

Jun 18, 2002
    Emmi: What do you mean, knowing me?? :p When have I ever given you the idea I do things like that? . . . Actually, I have an idea for a story between It Was Cold and this one. :p Anywho - thank you! :D [face_blush]

Saber-of-Light: Thank you! :D Was kinda worried about this one. ;) But then, I'm always worried. :p

JainaDurron: Thanks! :D

Benjor45: Arriba?? :p 'Reading a movie ' - that's really cool! :D :cool: Anyway, saying things concisely yet clearly is something I really work hard at, so I'm glad you think so! :D

And I'm evil and naughty now? :p

Dancing_Jansons: Thanks! :D

19. EmilieDarklighter

Jan 19, 2002
    *grins* So predictable, yet so unpredictable. You, my dear, are a walking contradiction. ;) I love you! *grins*

20. obaona

Jun 18, 2002
    Emmi, you silly girl. :p Well, I like being a walking contradiction! I think . . . :p *huggies*

Oh, and up. ;)

21. Gabri_Jade

Gabri_Jade Fanfic Archive Editor Emeritus star 5 VIP

Nov 9, 2002
    *giggles* I'd have to agree that you're a walking contradiction, oba. Emmi's right, it's fun. :D

Oh, and dearest? Actually, I have an idea for a story between It Was Cold and this one.

You know I'll pester you for that, now, don't you? I wouldn't want to get too quiet and worry you, after all. ;) :p

22. Bri_Windstar

Bri_Windstar Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 27, 2002
    :::glances from Of Endings and Way of the Dead to It Got Too Hot and I Inhaled, and notices all are by the same author:::

What? I see no walking contradiction :confused:

8-}

Naughty, pervy- poTATEo, poTAHTo. And thwack me will you?! :eek: :mad:

:::giggles::: 8-}

Now get to that new plot bunny for this series, you're the fast one, remember? 8-}

::Windstar Out::

23. The_Jedi_Ambyr-Rose

The_Jedi_Ambyr-Rose Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 24, 2003
    That was sooo cute!

24. Jaina_and_Jag

Jaina_and_Jag Jedi Master star 5

Apr 19, 2003
    Loved it! :D Great ending!

?Cold?? she asked with an upturned eyebrow.

I smiled, having an idea of what was coming. ?Yes, I am.?

She rose, grabbed my wrist, and pulled me to the bed, even pushing me onto it with a hand on my chest. Then she took the bottom of my shirt, and made to pull it up, smirking at me. ?It?s about to get hotter.?

[face_love]

J&J

25. EmilieDarklighter

Jan 19, 2002
    Pestering? YAY!

*follows big sister's example*

*pester pester pester*

New story! New story! New story!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.