main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

NSWRPF Archive "It has already begun." The world of the Matrix

Discussion in 'Non-Star Wars Role Playing Archive' started by JediCouncilMaster, Dec 31, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JediCouncilMaster

JediCouncilMaster Jedi Youngling star 6

Jun 23, 2005
    OOC: I'll just change my character's name to: Stephens just for the heck of it.

IC: Agent Stephens
    Mega City - Suburbs - S&D: Rogue Agent O'Conner

Stephens heard the incoming voice of fellow Agent Thompson. While driving with one hand, and pressing his earpeice with the other, he spoke to Thompson.

Nothing. The subject was gone before we could even get there. Keep searching. Stephens ordered Thompson as if he were the one leading the group, not Riley. He often bossed Thompson around when Riley wasn't looking or if he wasn't there. But most of the time Stephens looked out for Thompson who at that time needed to be supervised to get the job done. Riley could take care of himself.

Stephens continued to look around for any suspicious vehicles in the area. So far, nothing. O'Conner seemed to be pretty good at hiding. But a 3 on 1 search. What's the odds of O'Connor escaping? This would slowly make him either surrender or fight. The Agents had the law on their side and they would never give up their primary objective.

TAG: Agents

2. MASTER-OF-EVIL

MASTER-OF-EVIL Jedi Master star 4

Nov 10, 2004
    GM Approved.

Name: Ghost
    Appearance: http://mitglied.lycos.de/mreloaded/gspot_characters_ghost02.jpg
    Personality: Niobe's right-hand, Calm, Collective and weapons expert
    Clothing: Black suit covered by black trench coat.
    Inventory/Weapons: Dual P229 S Automatic Pistol(Ghost's Primary Weapon of choice.)
    Vehicle: The Logo's
    Race/Program: Humans
    Purpose: To End the Rule of the Machines
    Affiliation: Rebels
    Skills: Ghost is known to be the best gunner in the fleet, Martial arts Expert and All round Weapons Expert.
    Biography: Ghost is the First Mate of the Logo's, and a true spiritual martial arts warrior. To him, weapons are nothing less than works of art, and they are deadliest when in Ghost's calm, practiced hands. In battle, Ghost's body and mind become perfectly focused, working in flowing motion.

OOC: I'll post a little later.

3. Imperial_Hammer

Imperial_Hammer Manager Emeritus: RPFs star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 25, 2004
    IC: The Merovingian

The Merovingian sat on his couch at his private level of Club Hel. The powerful program was crisply dressed as always, with an Red Silk button-down shirt under a very expensive Armani Suit. Around him were a variety of the typical raf, gothic socialites and various outcasts of other persuasions. These were the elite of all the rest though, gaining access to the VIP level. Not any person or program could do that.

As the thumping of the music concluded to end the song, the Merovingian motioned to the DJ.

"Play that again." he shouted over the murmur of the crowd. The DJ gave a thumbs up to the man and nodded, restarting the song.

"So..." the Merovingian said, returning his attention to his surroundings and running his fingers over the chin of an adoring woman dressed in studs and black leather. "What brings a pretty young thing like yourself to a place such as this hmmm?"

His flirting was interrupted by one of the Twins, moving indiscretely up to him and whispering...

"Seraph has come." he said, seeming very serious. "Shall we dispatch.... of him."

The Merovingian smiled and laughed at his henchman. "Dispatch him? Goodness no my friend. Send the man in, to the VIP Level of course. We shall hear the traitor out. After all, we are civilized, are we not?"

The Twin exited to usher Seraph up, the Merovingain smiling as he left.

The program looked at his groupies, especially the Gothic woman, with a smirk as he raised a Martini to his mouth.

"I would think we can spare a moment of our time for the 'Mighty Seraph'." he said to them, the group laughing at the Merovingian's joke.

This should prove to be a very interesting little exchange.

TAG: Typo

4. Darth_Joesha

Darth_Joesha Jedi Master star 4

Apr 22, 2004
    Character Sheet (Example)
    Name: Maya Yubari
    Appearance: http://www.imdb.com/gallery/ss/0181852/Ss/0181852/DT3-14911R.jpg?path=pgallery&path_key=Loken,%20Kristanna but with black hair.
    Personality: she has no noticable personality. She hides what personality she has.
    Clothing: red leather jacket and pants
    Inventory/Weapons: her two pistols and her fists
    Vehicle: anything
    Race/Program: rogue program
    Purpose: she was originaly used for recon but now is following a rogue agent with the intent of handing him over to the machines in a bargin for her freedom.
    Affiliation: neutral
    Skills: she is a master of the martial arts and can speak any language
    Biography: Maya Yubari was created to watch the rebels from afar. Although she was not designed to engage the rebels she has enhanced martial arts programing. She went rogue when a hacker accidentaly sent a virus into a system she was infiltrating. She now follows rogue Agent O'Connor.

ic: Maya Yubari

Mega-city - Old Apartment Block - [R: Agent O'Connor]

Maya stood as she saw the rogue she was following kill a woman and steal her car. She thought it was a tad brash, he could have just grabbed her which would have given him more time. She jumped from the roof and started up her motorbike. She smiled as the metal beneath her started to shake and pushed of staying 3 cars behind her target.

tag: O'Connor

5. Jedi_padawan_leigh

Jedi_padawan_leigh Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 13, 2003
    Name: Katie (The KT-9 programme)
    Appearance: Katie stands at 5ft 2in tall, she has dark blonde curly hair and ice blue eyes, she is slender and looks venerable but don?t underestimate her.
    Personality: A gentle and kind personality but also has a serious side and will stop at nothing to help someone
    Clothing: Blue faded jeans, blue t-shirt, grey hooded top and black trainers
    Inventory/Weapons: PDA, small handgun and pocket knife
    Vehicle: None
    Race/Program: Programme in the guise of a human
    Purpose: Help the rebels and assist the oracle
    Affiliation: Rebels/The oracle
    Skills: Fighting and the ability to crack codes/security
    Biography: A programme of the matrix, not a lot is known about Katie. She started out on the streets, running from the agents who began to corrupt the matrix and tried to persuade her to help them. She refused and after escaping she soon found herself in the company of the oracle. She now assists the oracle, whether doing run of the mill house jobs or passing info to the rebels on the oracles behalf

IC: Katie

In the bustling streets of Newtech city, a young girl walked through the crowded streets. In her arms she carried a paper grocery bag, another small errand set for her by the orracle. Not that Katie minded. For she had given her a purpose, a minor one but a purpose none the less. She was brought back to the present when someone barged into her, knocking her over and spilling the groceries.

"Hey!"

She shouted aggrivated as she picked herself up off the pavement and started to retreive the scattered food items. She leaned over to pick up an apple. Thats when she saw them.

"Agents"

She said to herself. Picking up the last item and hurried through the crowds. She would have to tell the oracle

TAG: Anyone

6. Master_Valar

Master_Valar Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 17, 2005
    OOC: I was wondering GM, if you would put up a roster once we have about everybody. Makes it more organized and easier to pick out who is playing what.

7. NightHunter319

NightHunter319 Jedi Master star 4

Jul 14, 2005
    IC: Agent Riley

Riley saw the Agents drive away, and he knew that they had the right idea, but they sometimes simply go in to quickly. Riley new of a nice shortcut. Riley stood motionless concentrating on the mind of a hotdog vendor who just saw a black speeding sudan going down the street.

Riley then found himself holding a hotdog with mustard and relish in it, Riley threw it down and whipped out one of his two .50 AEs, aimed at the cars two back tires, popping them out. The car started to slowly slow down.

Riley smiled ''Thought you could get away so easily'', Riley said cooly. Riley started to run towords the car at inhuman speed, and started catching up.

Riley out a finger to his earpiece and spoke to his agents '' I found him, get down hear before I kill him myself...''

TAG: Agents

8. Darth_Joesha

Apr 22, 2004
    ic: Maya Yubari

Maya saw a figure in a suit chasing after her target. "Crap." She snarled as she sped up. Her bike was slowly gaining on the agent and her hair was flying back in the wind. She stood up and unholstered her two pistols. Simultaniusly she slammed on the brakes and pushed the bike up so it flew through the air towards the agent, then with one carefully aimed shot she blew the engine up, hopefully destroying the agent with it. But she kept her guns in her hands not wanting to take any chances. She didn't stop to see if the agent was dead, she instead ran after the rogue. She needed O'Connor if she intended to survive any longer.

tag: o'connor, riley

9. NightHunter319

Jul 14, 2005
    IC: Agent Riley

Downtown Mega City

Riley was blown of his feet by the exploding engine and crashed into a vendor, His agent streangth and stamina had saved him from getting killed or wounded. Riley got up, dusted of his suite, and looked at his attacker, who was now running towards O'Connors vehical.

Now running, Riley put a finger to his earpiece and said to his agents '' There seems to be a program trying to take our kill gentlemen, I would prefer her alive but kill her if you must. I'll take O'Connor.''

Riley pulled out both of his pistols and began to fire at the program with his left pistol and at the car with his right.

''You dont know what your getting into trying to kill an Agent.'' Riley muttered

The Hunt wasn't going as Riley suspected and he knew that it wasn't going to get any easier...

TAG: Agents, Program

10. dontlookatmethatway

dontlookatmethatway Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 5, 2005
    IC: Rogue Agent O?Connor

O?Connor swore as the car started to slow down. He looked behind him to see an Agent standing there with a handgun. Obviously he had shot the tires. In spite of this, he smiled nastily. You see, the Agents did not have an appreciation of strategy. Their mentality was to simply charge in with guns blazing. They did not consider the dangers of going after someone who could clone himself. They did not consider the possibility that they were walking into a trap. They were arrogant and overconfident in their abilities. Maybe they thought this was just an easy fight, but they were very wrong. His original plan was to drive the sedan to a deserted street and let one of his two clones get in it. Then the remaining clone and himself would trail the car. The Agents would go right after the sedan and ignore the two of them. They would open fire when the Agents were not watching. It was a perfect trap. But the Agents came to the scene sooner than expected. He would have to change his plans. His two clones were following the car at this point. They would see the Agents attacking and come to help him. He looked out the window again. Some crazy woman had started attacking the Agent! O?Connor decided to take advantage of this. He pushed the door open and jumped out into the street. Hiding behind the front of the car as cover, he reached for the Desert Eagle in his shoulder holster and started shooting at the Agent. At the same time he screamed, ?One, Two, give me some help!? One and Two were the names of his clones.

Tag: Agents, Program

IC: Rogue Agent Clones One and Two

The clones waited, even when the heard O?Connor scream for help. They knew that there would be more Agents on the way, and they decided to reveal their presence when the other Agents came.

11. NightHunter319

Jul 14, 2005
    IC: Riley

Downtown MegaCity

Riley ducked into an allyway and nearly swore, he knew that he shouldnt have underestimated the Rougue, which wasn't letting himself get shot at anymore. Riley thought of a new strategy. He would let the program and O'Connor fight, O'Connor undoubtfully coming out as the victor, by then his Agents would arrive and they would all confront and kill O'Connor.

Riley climbed up a fire escape ladder nearby, punched out a window, looked outside the window overlooking the street, reloded both of his pistols, and engaged O'Connor and the program from high ground.

TAG: Program, Agents

12. DARTH-bojangles

DARTH-bojangles Jedi Youngling star 3

May 1, 2005
    OCC: yeah, a player roster would help wonders... oh and any other rebels that would like to put themselves on my ship or with my team, feel free:D

MegaCity-Subway station
    IC as Shamus/Hondo

Hondo stared coldly at the people buzzing around him going about their busy lives like a colony of ants. It was getting increasingly difficult for him to still think of them as human while they were still slaved to the Matrix. They resembled cattle or batteries more than flesh and blood sentients.

Part of Colton Lang was still torn over his uncerimonious pull from this world and into reality.The fight against the machines was growing more and more desperate everyday. The people of Zion were running only on faith and even that was beginning to wear thin for many when a movement erupted out of a few for assimilation back into the Matrix.

That kind of talk wouldnt have worried Hondo if only they hadnt gotten some politcal backing in the Zion government. Colton had spent long hours with a comrade named Morpheus about the damage such thinking could do to their resistance movement. However, they had both arrived at two very different solutions to that problem.

Morpheus believed his chosen one could bring some kind of harmony to human existance once again, but Hondo chose to put his faith in something far more tangible like this rumored, 'Holy Grail' Virus that was said to be among some of the independent programs of the Matrix.

Colton thought it ironic that Morpheus could clearly see the false truths of the Matrix, yet he decided to place his faith in something that was obviously myth perpetuated by the dying hope of the last of the human race. But if Morpheus found solace in his beliefs, than at least the man had that for Hondo had only his fight against the machines for comfort, and it was a fight that was quickly being lost.

A sharply cursing voice accented in a thick Irish dialect came over his radio that brought Colton out of his revere, "Alright Hondo, get your bleedin' arse outta that subway terminal and to our only lead on the Grail Virus. Im dropping you some toys in the next alleyway over to keep you amused, and try not to stop and stare at the ladies."

Colton gave a deep throaty chuckle as he replied, "I wont make any promises Shamus." He made his way to the drop point to find the weapons.

Shamus Mcairem was a heavy drinking Irish scallywag if there ever was one and the finest Operator Hondo had ever known. He often preferred the company of his computers to any real human interaction and Hondo was his only real friend in this world or the Matrix as Shamus's personality was too much for most others.

"Keep in mind we might actually get some help on this op, but dont hold your breath Hondo. Zion Government Reps have a special talent for false promises.", Shamus mused as he saw Colton reach the weapons drop.

Colton was saddnened to find only two chrome platted Desert Eagle .45's. "Your kidding me right Shamus?" he said in half shock. "Two .45's and your crusty old arse to cover my back on this op? I might as well tickle the Agents to death."

"Sorry lad, thats the best I can do right now without attracting too much unwanted attention your way." he typed furiously on his keyboard. "The traffic on the Matrix is unusually heavy today, so watch yourself out there. I've got one of me bad feelins 'bout this Op."

Giving a huge sigh, Colton relented the arguement, "Alright buddy, I hear ya, but this means your buying the drinks when were back at Zion." He shifted back to the matter at hand, "I'm off to find our lead, Hondo out."

And with that he stalked out into the daylight of MegaCity looking for the suspect.

TAG:ANY REBELS/MYSELF

13. Darth_Joesha

Apr 22, 2004
    ic: Maya

Maya dived out of the way of the agent's bullets and jumped O'Connor's car.
    "Why do they want you dead?" she screamed at him crouching to avoid Riley's constant fire. She quickly reloaded her guns and stood up to fire a few bullets at the agent before ducking for cover again. "Well?"

tag: O'Connor, Riley

14. NightHunter319

Jul 14, 2005
    OOC:
    Agents
    Riley (Arch)
    Stevens
    Thompson
    O'Connor (Rogue)

15. dontlookatmethatway

Jul 5, 2005
    Downtown Mega City

O?Connor retreated to the opposite side of the car from Riley?s position. He crouched down, not anxious to get shot. He almost breathed a sigh of relief for the temporary reprieve from the fighting. Almost. The nut that attacked the Agents had jumped over to his hiding spot.

"Why do they want you dead? Well?" she yelled at him.

O?Connor was surprised. Why would she go out of her way to attack an Agent? She didn?t have her gun pointed at him so he assumed that she was, at least temporarily, on his side. He decided not to take any hostile action against her until the circumstances changed.

?I?m one of those undesirable entities that they are designed to eliminate. Now why are you attacking them??

The response gave away very little about who he was while answering her question. O?Connor looked away from her and took a few shots at Riley. He needed to get away from here before more Agents or law enforcement officials arrived. He also needed that briefcase in the passenger seat of the car. Unfortunately, he couldn?t get to the briefcase right now. One and Two had not showed up. They probably had a good reason. O?Connor did not have time to look for them. He trusted that they had an adequate excuse for not helping.

IC: Rogue Agent Clones One and Two
    Downtown Mega City

One and Two scanned the surroundings for signs of the Agents. Then One caught sight of the woman nearby O?Connor. He pointed it out to Two. O?Connor hadn?t attacked her yet, so they assumed that the woman was not hostile. Still, she wasn?t a known ally either. They simultaneously reached under their suits for their Desert Eagle handguns. They didn?t draw them, but waited to see how the situation turned out. If she became hostile, they would whip them out and eliminate her.

16. Darth_Joesha

Apr 22, 2004

"Because if they kill you then i can't use you as a barter for being left alive in the matrix. I realise now that by attacking them i destroyed any hope of them leaving me in peice," She said jumping up and shooting at Riley again. "Don't worry, I've given up on the idea of handing you over, right now I'm thinking that they want us both dead, neither of us can stand up against a group of agents on our own..... well i'm asking for you help. If i have to carry on alone, i don't think i'll survive another week."

tag: O'Connor, Riley

17. NightHunter319

Jul 14, 2005
    IC: Riley

Downtown MegaCity

O'Connor and the program weren't attacking eachother, so Riley could only assume that they had made an alliance. Rileys fellow agents hadn't arrived so Riley decided that it was time to call in more reinforcements. Riley put a finger up to his earpiece, ''I've found them, I want the cops, SWAT, the whole shibang down hear before I have to take car of them myself''.

''We'll be down there right away'', Said the SWAT captian on the other line.

Riley smiled, this might go easier than he thought after all...

18. Darth_Joesha

Apr 22, 2004

"We need to get out of here." Maya said reloding her pistol. "The agent just called SWAT, i was designed for recon, i have a tap into the police lines. I also have maps of the area. If we go down that ally-way we can hide in the park." She quickly jumped up again and shot a few bullets at the agent, she knew they wouldn't hit but they could keep him at bay.

tag: o'connor, Riley

19. NightHunter319

Jul 14, 2005
    OOC: Changed because of problem in story, act like I did nothing

20. dontlookatmethatway

Jul 5, 2005
    Downtown Mega City

"Because if they kill you then I can't use you as a barter for being left alive in the Matrix. I realize now that by attacking them I destroyed any hope of them leaving me in peace. "Don't worry, I've given up on the idea of handing you over, right now I'm thinking that they want us both dead, neither of us can stand up against a group of agents on our own... Well, I'm asking for you help. If I have to carry on alone, I don't think I'll survive another week."

O?Connor considered the implications of this. She would be useful as an ally temporarily to get out of this mess. He was about to speak up when she said something.

"We need to get out of here. The agent just called SWAT, I was designed for recon, I have a tap into the police lines. I also have maps of the area. If we go down that alleyway we can hide in the park."

He nodded. If what she said was true-and she had no reason to lie to him-then they probably should be leaving. He didn?t want to tackle any more people, even if he thought he could beat them. They needed a more permanent means of escape, though. He would discuss that with her. While she shot at Riley, he reached into the car for the briefcase.

?Let?s go.?

With the briefcase in hand, he started to run towards the alleyway.

OOC: Nighthunter, I don't think that you can say in your post that we went down the alley because neither of us posted that we went down the alley.

21. Master_Valar

Master_Valar Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 17, 2005
    Trevor Jacobs
    Downtown MegaCity

The nineteen year old rebel stood atop some of the greatest of sky scrapers, staring down at the sprawling metropolis below him. The wind from such an altitude kept the rather light man off balance, but not enough to risk his fall. His sky blue eyes scanned the streets far below through sunglasses of a dark shade of blue. He was reading the world in code, searching for just the irregularity that he had noticed earlier. There were other rebels nearby, he knew it. He could almost feel them through his connection to the program.

Trevor removed his shades, holding them out in front of him, and over the precipice of the building. The fiercely whipping wind snapped his duster around his calves violently, as he took a step up onto the edge of the world, calculating his jump. He could make it. Easy.

Trevor let the sunglasses go, the wind snatching them up and carrying them away on silver wings. He then jumped, and sailed down to a shorter structure.

TAG- Any Rebel in the area, I'd like to find you

22. MASTER-OF-EVIL

MASTER-OF-EVIL Jedi Master star 4

Nov 10, 2004
    IC: Ghost
    MegaCity - Abandoned Building

"I'm in." Ghost answered on the phone.
    "Ok, we are good to go." Sparks replied back.
    "Ghost, take care Whatever this 'Holy Grail' Virus program is it cost jack's his life and the lives of his crew. And I have a feeling if we don't get to it first, it's going to cost us a whole lot more. So, are you red or blue on this?
    "You know me, Niobe. It's not a choice. It's a way of life." Ghost answered.
    "There are other rebels as well so the more better of the chances of obtaining the program." Niobe said on the phone.
    With that Ghost hung up the phone and walked towards the staircase and headed downstairs and found his means of transportation sent by his operator.
    "Interesting." He commented.
    His phone began to ring and picked up and answered.
    "Not a scratch." Niobe said.
    "You worry too much Niobe." Ghost cooly replied and once again the line went dead.
    It was Niobe's vehicle her T-Bird and the engines started up and Ghost drove through the open doors of the building and headed off into MegaCity in search of the rumoured 'Holy Grail' that is roaming the Matrix.

Tag: Rebels.

23. Penguinator

Penguinator Former Mod star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 23, 2005
    Revolver

Downtown Mega City

Revolver sat idly on the ledge of a fairly tall building.

For any other person, falling off it would surely kill them.

But not Revolver.

Revolver was a quiet man, who preferred to speak through his actions, but he did enjoy a good discussion every so often.

Sometimes.

Just like sometimes, asking questions first was better than shooting.

As he first heard, then saw a pair of glasses hit the concrete, he realized - this was not one of those times.

Tag: Trevor Jacobs

24. Jedi_padawan_leigh

Jedi_padawan_leigh Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 13, 2003
    IC: Katie

Katie entered an old appartment block. The walls were covered in graffiti, the lights flickered and the paint was flaky. An old man sat on an inside bench by the elevator, as was the norm for him. He never seemed to speak but a small smile formed on his weathered face as Katie approached the elevator. She grinned back and reached into the bag, pulling out an apple.

"Sorry its a little bruised. Problems in transit"

She handed it to him and called the elevator. He waved the apology away with a wrinked hand and sat back in the seat. Stepping into the elevator, the metal doors closed and she felt a shudder as it came to life, bringing her to her desired floor. Stepping out of the elevator, she walked a few doors down the hallway until she came to a familiar door. She reached for the handle and turned to find it locked. Sighing, she pulled the glove she was wearing off of her right hand and placed it against the lock. A faint green glow eminated from it and the door unlocked. Pushing the door open, she entered, closing the door behind her.

"Hello?"

She said through the appartment. It was quiet and no-one was around. Entering the kitchen, she noticed a note left on top of a box on the table in the middle of the room. Katie walked over and picked it up. her blue eyes taking in the words...

Katie

First of all, don't you go worrying about me, I am safe for now. Second of all, I know about the agents. The matrix is becoming increasingly dangerous. The conflict between the rebels and the machines is escalating, almost to the point of war. People and programmes affiliating themselves with the humans are being hunted down. Your skills in security and code breaking can benefit people. the rebels may seek you to help them with their cause, but the agents will most likely take you against your will to do their dirty work. I don't know when I will next see you, but I pray that you will stay safe. I have left a few things which may help you if you run into trouble.

Take care kiddo

Katie opened the box. inside she found a small handgun and pocketknife, as well as a Personal Digital Assistant. She pocketed the items and turned around to look above the kitchen door. A latin plaque, translated into the words "know thyself" Then she left the building, locking the door as she left. She may know herself now, but she would probably soon find out a whole lot more soon enough

25. dontlookatmethatway

Jul 5, 2005
    OOC: Here's the roster everyone wanted. I think that it's pretty accurate, but if there are any corrections, let me know.

Character Roster

Agents

Arch Agent Riley - NightHunter319
    Agent Stephens - JediCouncilMaster (GM)
    Agent Thompson - Darth_Vaders_cousin

Rogue Agents

Agent O?Connor - dontlookatmethatway

Programs

The Merovingian - Imperial_Hammer
    Seraph ? TypoCelchu
    Katie (KT-9) - Jedi_padawan_leigh
    Maya Yubari - Darth_Joesha