main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

NSWRPF Archive "It has already begun." The world of the Matrix

Discussion in 'Non-Star Wars Role Playing Archive' started by JediCouncilMaster, Dec 31, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JediCouncilMaster

JediCouncilMaster Jedi Youngling star 6

Jun 23, 2005
    IC: Agent Stephens
    Mega City - Parking Lot - T.B.A

Look Thompson you don't understand. Look at this. Once we get our hands on one Rebel we can obtain the information we need to destroy Zion! See what I mean? The more information we get; the more chances we are to destroy the Rebels! It's that simple.

For the first time Agent Stephens took off his sun-glasses revealing his dark brown eyes. He held his sun-glasses with one hand and used his other hand to wipe the near-dry sweat from the corner of his eyes.

TAG: Agents

2. Darth_Vaders_cousin

Darth_Vaders_cousin Jedi Knight star 5

Nov 12, 2004
    IC: Thompson
    Mega City -- Parking Lot -- [none yet]

"I know what your saying...what I'm asking is how you propose we get a hold of a single Rebel. They travel in packs...like teenage girls..."

Tag: Agents

3. JediCouncilMaster

Jun 23, 2005

Stephens gave a quiet chuckle and put on his sun-glasses.

Heh, you think so small, Agent Thompson. We have the law with us, that's for sure. We can bring some police, SWAT, whatever it takes, and arrest a rebel. We can nab one and get him out as quick as possible. The Rebels wouldn't dare face the authority and us combined. The only problem is how do we know where they lurk but that won't stop us from searching for them. Stephens grinned.

4. MASTER-OF-EVIL

MASTER-OF-EVIL Jedi Master star 4

Nov 10, 2004
    OOC: That was my mistake sorry people, i shouldve known better but it was a risk no less, what happens to that post now do i repost it with changes to it or do i do a new one entirely?

5. JediCouncilMaster

Jun 23, 2005
    OOC: No problem. Just create a new post and this time try not to make it God-Modding. :)

6. MASTER-OF-EVIL

MASTER-OF-EVIL Jedi Master star 4

Nov 10, 2004
    IC: Niobe
    MegaCity - Modified Black Ferrari - Alleyway.

Niobe had been following the situation since it began and knew what she had to do next. Driving at ludicris speeds in her newly obtained transport was heading for her target straight in front of her but with the exception of Agents standing between her and her target. She knew Ghost was nearby but that is irrelevent at the moment. She needed to know why the agents are after these apparantly Rogues versions, something is amiss here and that's what she will find out....hopefully.

"Dodge This," Niobe gritted her teeth.

The car slowed down as she came upon the Agents and opened the door to the Rogue Agents.

"My way or the highway to hell?" Indicating the agents behind her.

Tag: Agents ad Rogue Agents and Rebels.

OOC: Ive altered the original and sorry for the mess up people.

7. NightHunter319

NightHunter319 Jedi Master star 4

Jul 14, 2005
    OOC: Sorry bout that, I thought that in this story that the virus was known about by the agents. I'll get up a IC once I get home.

8. Livi-Wan

Livi-Wan Jedi Master star 4

Sep 29, 2002
    OOC: I have to leave you lot for a few days (*sound of violins* :p ) to revise for and sit an A level exam in college. Until Thursday, I leave my characters in the more than capable hands of Sith-I-5. See you guys soon! :)

(Oh yeah, bo? It's ON.)

[b]Rada[/b]

[i]"As a matter of fact, I do."[/i] Hondo turned to look Rada full in the sunglasses. [i]"A while back, I tracked down an outdated neutral program that called himself the Watchman. It was expressing sporatic and often crazed activity and was unknowingly compelled to attack my team and myself. As I pursued it, the Watchman kept speaking of the Holy Grail and how the Men with the Black Eyes were after it because it could help destroy them, but it kept going on about it being locked away safely." [/i]

A slightly patronising, teasing tone came into the rebel's voice as he continued. Rada clenched her fists. She would not be spoken to in this way.... [i]"Now youre probably wondering, if I'm under a ban from the Council, then just how in the hell am I here because I'd be surely found and captured when I tapped into the Matrix bandwidth? What the Council refuses to believe is that the Matrix signal we pirate and use to Jack In has an undercurrent of outdated signal. They simply think its just a static echo, but my programmer has discovered we can use this as a backdoor for a more secretive entry. And as I kept using this backdoor, I ran across our dear Watchman once again. Turns out, he uses the same exact pathways in and out of the Matrix. I then forced the lil bugger to talk for a bit. He mentioned the Grail and just what it could do if it was ever propigated into the Matrix, but he got away from me, so I went back to Zion to try and convince anyone who would listen for help in capturing the Watchman, but as I said before, no luck. It seems so few will believe the ramblings of an old program, but they still try and look for this Chosen One."[/i]

Colton said the last two words mockingly. [i]"Now pretty lady,"[/i] he said patronizingly. [i]"You coming along, or you gonna try and take me in?"[/i] He grinned with the thought of a challenge.

Rada moved with the speed of a snake, stepping forward and slapping Honda across the face.

"How dare you." she said coldly, breathing hard. Rada knew that this wasn't logical; that she shouldn't have risen to the bait like that. But if there was one thing the Russian woman hated, it was being talked down to. "I am a Captain of Zion's fleet and I will [i]not[/i] be addressed in this way. You have already endangered the lives of myself and my crew by bringing us to a conspicous meeting inside the Matrix, and whatever you say, the claims of an half-crazed program are not firm basis for a mission!"

Rada stepped back, intending to leave the rooftop.

"If we're just here to plot against the Ruling Council of Zion and trade petty insults with one another, then I'm leaving. The Council will be informed of your treachery."

[b][TAG Forty-Seven, Hondo][/b]

9. DARTH-bojangles

DARTH-bojangles Jedi Youngling star 3

May 1, 2005
    OCC: just to explain where I'm going with this Holy Grail thing... The Watchman was a secret program left behind by a creator as a means of safeguarding the Grail Virus... He's a program, but when I referred to 'in and out of the Matrix', i didnt make myself clear... by that I meant that 'in between world' similar to where the architect lived in the 2nd and 3rd movies... its in a place similar to that where the Watchman resides and safeguards the Grail Virus. I'd like to ask the GM if he would sign off on this idea personally.

MegaCity-Rooftop
    IC as Hondo

No sooner had the smile on his face formed, than Rada's hand knocked it to the side of his face in a hurried strike.

He put his hand to the pain burned part of his cheek and listened to her rebuke with the knowledge she'd called his bluff stone coldly,"How dare you." she said coldly, breathing hard."I am a Captain of Zion's fleet and I will not be addressed in this way. You have already endangered the lives of myself and my crew by bringing us to a conspicous meeting inside the Matrix, and whatever you say, the claims of an half-crazed program are not firm basis for a mission!"

Colton felt his own temper rising at the woman's assumptions of his reasoning, but cooled himself down as he remembered he would need someone's help and right now, they were the only ones around. She seemed to be hellbent on leaving him on the rooftop after the scolding.

"If we're just here to plot against the Ruling Council of Zion and trade petty insults with one another, then I'm leaving. The Council will be informed of your treachery."

Hondo was forced to double check his vision as woman spouted off something that his friend Morpheus had argued to him time and time again. She was right, insults and bickering werent going to help in the fight against the Machines.

But Colton's indignation of the Council seeped through his words as he attempted to curb her exit, "And just what do you think the Council will do to stop the Machines from wiping out the Resistance?!? Our whole species's survival has been plumeting past desperate for a year now, and the Council hasnt done the slightest in stopping that and you and your whole crew know it!"

It was common knowledge around Zion that the war effort was nearly hopeless and the High Council hadnt done anything to allievate that feeling. Hondo had been the most vocal one about the situation, which had led to his current Ban from operating in the Matrix or with a Zion Fleet Ship.

"And as for endangering your crew, you sought me out remember Missy?" ,he cut off the rest of his reply as he realized that he was flying off the handle once again. Colton took a deep breath and started again, "I-i'm sorry. Look, the fact of the matter is something has to be done before our people are all dead."

His tone finally grew sincere, "I am asking for help here, but I'll go it alone if I have to and not you or Zion's Council can stop me."

Hondo stepped back for a moment and realized just how crazy he really sounded. It was evidence to just how much all of this fighting had gotten to him, the truly scary part of it was the fact that he'd resigned himself to death long ago and showed zero remorse for it. Here he was fighting so feircely for human life, and now he could carelessly throw his own away with somekind of sad reprieve from the war. Irony was abound.

Colton put his poker face back on and said finally, "Your call, but Zion's Council will have a helluva time dragging me outta here without the Grail."

He tried to gauge her reaction but found Rada totally unreadable as he awaited her reply.

TAG:LIVI(or SITHY as LIVI)

OCC:Is it just me, or do mine and LIVI's characters ALWAYS seem to be at odds??? and LIVI, you aint seen nothing yet!:p

OCC:SEPHY, Hondo is the Captain of the Forlorn Hope, and Shamus is the Techie/Programmer

Real World-[i]Forlorn Hope[/i]
    IC as [b]Shamus[/b]

Shamus scowled as the kid popped off a mock salute and annoy

10. JediCouncilMaster

Jun 23, 2005
    OOC: I believe I said that the "Holy Grail" thing is unnaceptable. It's just not the right time for this. We could set this whole conflict in the future. So in short, that's a no.

11. LightWarden

LightWarden Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 11, 2001
    OOC: Okay, officially confused now. Just what the heck ARE we after anyways? Because running from the unbeatable Agents is going to get really old really fast. And if Ghost and Niobe are here, aren't we in the era of Neo as the One, and Smith as the Nega-One? If that's the case than the Agents and the Rebels are pretty much doomed. If it's one of the previous six, then it's just us Rebels who are doomed, though maybe you other programs get Baleted.

12. dontlookatmethatway

dontlookatmethatway Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 5, 2005
    OOC: There's a problem with this post. The Agents and Rogue Agents are no longer fighting. The Rogue Agents are running as fast as they can down the street to get away while the Agents have regrouped in the parking lot to go hunt some Rebels.

13. DARTH-bojangles

DARTH-bojangles Jedi Youngling star 3

May 1, 2005
    OCC:with all due respect, if anyone can think of a better plotpoint to give this RPG a purpose other than Rebel/Agent/Program fighting at it's most random, then Im all ears... til then I really think we have a decent thing going...

14. NightHunter319

NightHunter319 Jedi Master star 4

Jul 14, 2005
    OOC: I agree, GM needs to make a small plotline in which everyone gets on the same page.

15. JediCouncilMaster

Jun 23, 2005
    OOC: Ok here it is then.

With the creation of the Matrix and its purpose to replace the real world, the Rebels continue to fight for their existance. Not only that, but to destroy the Matrix itself. The Agents - Protectors and Guardians of the Matrix will make sure nothing of that extent will ever happen. They hold all the keys to every door, which makes them frightening adversaries. They can also send the Sentinels to go look and lurk around in the underground tunnels for any Rebel Transport Logos. Any resident within the Matrix has no knowledge of its true purpose. But it was supposed to be a place where there would be no wars, no killing. A place where everyone was supposed to be happy. It was a disaster when no one would accept the program. Now it is nothing but a prison for everyone.

Maybe to make this even more interesting we should probably recruit a person who would want to take the role of being "The One." Someone like Neo. But I don't want the character to be an overall powerful being. Since it won't be fair to some of us.

If you accept this then it should be something similar to the movies:

Matrix 1 Matrix 2 Matrix 3
    Birth Life Death

16. Darth_Vaders_cousin

Nov 12, 2004
    OOC:

OK. Since this is a realativly new GM....*Strained*I'm....Going....To...Go...Easy...on him...*Un-strained*

*Taps Finger tips together in an utmost Imp_Hammer way*

Ok.

JCM, You're doing a good job GMing this game...it's a tough one to call because of the ablitied granted to people in the Matrix...but you're doing really go. Now that I've said that...

JCM, This RPG is pointless with out something for the Rebels to try to get. This grail for instance. And something for the Agents to keep the Rebels from getting. Again, the grail.

Prehapps we have the Agents, Rebels, and Programs all trying to beat each other to find and claim teh grail for their own use.

Hell, you could twist it...and when one gruop gets there (Way later in the RPG) they find nothing...an empty room...the grail long forgoten by the Matrix.

Again, thats just a rough concept...you can take it, spin it and change it how ever you like...but we have to have a point.

17. JediCouncilMaster

Jun 23, 2005
    OOC: All right dude you don't need to put that much pressure on me. Jeez. I'm trying my best to keep things alive here. Anyways, I was thinking about someone having to recruit as "The One." Though I didn't get an opinion on that. But the certain plotpoint I'm trying think about right now is quite difficult.

There could probably be a point in the story when the Rebels would be searching for the Informational journal of the Matrix (owned by the Architect but was lost) that could ,if in the right hands, offer the knowledge needed to know "What is the Matrix." In the wrong hands, It could also end the existance of all humans and the Matrix would continue its purpose. Agents and Rebels could be fighting for the same thing here. The Architect would never dare set foot in the Matrix or Real World. The only thing halting the pursuit is that it's protected by a series of Faith and Wisdom. In other words, only the people who believe can get it, Agents, Programs, and Humans alike. Plus there would be a point in there where violence and competition would have to take place. How's that sound? Or is a stupid plot?

18. LightWarden

Oct 11, 2001
    OOC: Wouldn't it be better if the One (Neo most likely, since we have Ghost and Niobe) remained GM controlled, so just random stuff would be happening during the game corresponding to the plot of the movies, or perhaps whatever Matrix arc we're in? Because you can't have the One and not have him be incredibly powerful. That's something of the point of him being the One. Besides, you already have Agents and higher up programs like the Faux Frenchy. Rebels cannot defeat these sorts of programs, they can merely slow them down or run away. Only the One has the power to pose any real threat.

That said, the Rebels still need something to do, Morpheus and the rest of the crew aboard the Neb were taking care of all this One business, so what are the others going after to help protect Zion?

19. Darth_Vaders_cousin

Nov 12, 2004
    First off, that sounds great...I'm sure you can add to it and refine it as we go along...but as a Concept that sound GREAT.

Secondly, about the ONE, Since Ghost and Naiobi are in this Game, Neo is the ONE, and that means we haven't got a ONE yet. So, I don't think entering a ONE into the game is going to help matters much. Plus, no one seems to want to play them...

20. JediCouncilMaster

Jun 23, 2005
    OOC: All right that takes away bits and peices of stuff we don't need. Now to give the Rebels some missions. I could probably do a weekly mission roster where people could PM me and vote which mission to choose. Stuff like that. Still that's only an idea. And I would have to tell the players to be in certain situations though.

NO wait! I thought of a better and smarter plot! Give me some time.

21. JediCouncilMaster

Jun 23, 2005
    OOC:

The Architect - Creator of the Matrix usually keeps all the information and codes about his newly formed world. And just in case he needs to tweak the realm or upgrade certain places or programs he can turn to his datapad for information and reference. It contains the things a Rebel would want to get, and including the programs and Agents alike. There is also a rumor that it contains codes that could somehow end the Matrix or the Human world alike. Still the old man replaced it and was stolen. He would never dare go into the Human or Matrix world to retreive it. Wars, fights, and even perusaded deals has gon by and still no one has ever gained possession of it yet. Now years after it is said that it is guarded by a Program known by all. The Merovingian. The rich and powerful Frenchman would never want to fiddle with that techno crap since it would maybe only make matters worse. So he uses it for his advantage. Deals. Threats. Anything. Though he never told anyone about him owning the device as it is only a rumor spread among people to satisfy their minds and relieve the boredom in which they call the Matrix...

How's that sound? I think it's perfect. I'm starting to PM Imperial_Hammer.

22. JediCouncilMaster

Jun 23, 2005
    OOC: We need to liven this up. There has been too many OOC chatter and it must not happen again. Settle the chat via PM! Sorry for the triple post.

Are we going to make our move?! Agent Stephens asked loud. Well what is it? Maybe I'm the one who should be the boss around here not you two. Stephens threated.

He entered the drivers side of his car, inserted the key and rolled down the window.

Let me know via PM of our next move. I would suggest nabbing a rebel and to bug them with the tracking device. I'm not a patient person. Stephens rolled up his tinted window and started the car. He then revved it loudly and sped away...

23. SephyCloneNo15

SephyCloneNo15 Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 9, 2005
    (ooc: I like it, and, if it's not too much for the other players, I'd like to keep the idea from the previous plot that the Forlorn Hope is going under the nose of the Zion Council, and the Last Bolt is the fist of Zion so to speak)

24. JediCouncilMaster

Jun 23, 2005
    OOC: Wanted to add a new rule:

Posts must be an acceptable length something similar to most RPs. This is an RP and we need long, detailed, complete posts. Other than that, is considered unacceptable.

25. LightWarden

Oct 11, 2001
    OOC: Seems a little strange to demand long complicated posts all the time, especially during a combat sequence, since you have to keep waiting for the other person to acknowledge your attack unless you settle it off stage. A simple combo takes a page to do.

"Okay, I'm going to start my attack"

"Okay, your first attack lands"

"And my second?"

"I'm attacking now."

"But what about my second?"

"I attack you, do I hit?"

"Do I hit?"

You can't even get to do some of the really cool stuff if you can't declare for others, about the only way you could get detail is in our reactions to/descriptions of the environment, our state of mind, or beating generic NPCs, unless those are under the GM's domain as well.

This is one of the advantages of the dice system, you can tell the GM what you're doing, he rolls, and tells you how well you do, or posts it himself, long posts ahoy. Though I quite frankly have no idea how you'd make a Matrix d20 game.

How long is long anyways?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.