main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Phx It has begun... ...Finally in Labor!!! 1 Week late!

Discussion in 'SouthWest Region Discussion' started by Obey Wann, Sep 28, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Diesel_Dave

Diesel_Dave Jedi Padawan star 4

May 16, 2002
    You might have something there IA. Like we're a fine example of model citizens. :p

2. Master_Duron

Master_Duron Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 29, 2002
    Just wave a lightsaber in front of Melissa and Liam will come out. ;)

3. SITH__CHICK

SITH__CHICK Former RMFF CR star 7

Mar 25, 2002
    Oh My! I couldn't even imagine beiing in labor for this long. I was in the hospital @ noon had her @ 2:11!

Good luck Mellisa, hope it's over soon, I know it will be worth it, your a great mom!

4. Obey Wann

Obey Wann Former RMFF CR & SW Region RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 14, 2000
    She's not in labor!!!

If she were in labor, we'd have a baby. But we've been waiting this whole time for her to go into labor. Right now it's a lot of hurry up and wait. And wait. And wait.

We just had one really good "scare" a week ago Saturday when it looked like she was going to go into labor. Then it stopped, and hasn't restarted. No one is ever in labor for 8 days. (that I know of)

I'd be tickled pink (so would Mellisa) if she went into labor. We're frustrated as %^&*# because now family who came out to help is now leaving, and we still don't have a baby. So it's going to be rougher on her once Liam is born becuase the extra family hands (and most importantly --moral/emotional support) have left/are leaving soon.

So, we're both just tired and frustrated. :(

5. Darth_Greedo

Darth_Greedo Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 15, 2002
    Well Obey Wann you know I am not currently working so if you need anyting just give me a call and I will be their to help with what ever I can.

6. Obey Wann

Jan 14, 2000
    Thanks, DG. :)

Mainly, Mel wanted her sister to be there, and her mom. Sis is now gone back to Oklahoma, and her mom leaves on Sunday. Mel is very close to her sister, and she wasn't able to spend as much time with her as we wanted to.

Mainly it's the emotional support and the family aspect that she was looking for. I appreciate the offer, but I'm not sure what you could do to help. (Don't forget --we're talking about emotional females here, too. ;) ) We've got all of the shopping, cleaning and other stuff taken care of. All of the chores are done. But no baby, and the family (her best friend, her sister) is on a plane right now. So we're kinda bummed right now. And very frustrated. [face_plain]

7. Mara_Jade_AZ

Mara_Jade_AZ Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 8, 2002
    TRUMPET FANFARE

Did somebody say emotional support!?!

Look up in the sky, it's a bird, it's a blimp...no it's preggers MJA! :)

Let me know if there's anything I can do :) I'm all about emotional right now. Heeh. :D

MJA

8. Obey Wann

Jan 14, 2000
    Thanks, MJAZ, and everyone who has offered help and support. Right now, i feel like I need to go paintballing to release some frustration. [face_devil] But it'll be some time before I can play paintball again. :(

So.... does anyone have any games sitting collecting dust? I'm replaying Civ 3 because I got bored replaying Galactic battlegrounds. ;)

BTW, we're inducing on Wednesday if he doesn't join us by then. :)

9. KnightWriter

KnightWriter Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 6, 2001
    Actually, I've got quite a few. I just haven't gotten any new games in awhile. I'm looking forward to getting Unreal Tournament 2003 in the coming months, along with Jedi Knight Outcast and maybe even Warcraft III.

10. Jedi_Wench

Jedi_Wench Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 8, 2002
    Glad to hear that you're inducing on Wednesday if he doesn't come before then. We're all hoping before then.

BTW...you have my support too. I know I live far away, but I'm rooting for you!! :D

11. Mexchewy70

Mexchewy70 Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 30, 2001
    Come on Liam! :mad:, [face_love] We are anxiously waiting your arrival.

OW, if you need help cleaning up your place, maybe that's the least we Men can do.

12. Night4554

Night4554 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 9, 2000
    Ooooh! //gets ready the congrats post

¤Night

13. Darth_Moridin

Darth_Moridin Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 15, 2002
    In the words of The Vampire Lestat, in Queen of the Damned: "Come out, come out, whereever you are."

14. Obey Wann

Jan 14, 2000
    Guess what, folks? The hospital has so many women booked for scheduled labors (inducing), that we can't schedule her to induce her for labor until Sunday morning. :_|

So I'm even more frustrated/pissed than I was yesterday. Last night we walked for 1.5 miles, at a very good pace, and it didn't even bring on "braxton-hicks" contractions. :mad: So we've basically given up on the idea of a home birth, because nothing seems to be working out in that direction. :(

But I do want to thank you all for offering to help. :D You all are great friends, and I want to give a big thank you for being there for us. [face_love]

MC: Mel cleaned the apt yesterday, in an effort to help induce. It didn't work. :(

15. Sistine

Sistine Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 28, 2002
    I have never understood inducing labor...perhaps I am just old school. I know that when you find out your pregnant they go off the date of your last cycle...however, what if you got pregnant 3 weeks after that? Wouldn't you not be due for an extra three weeks?

I remember my goddaughter?s birth, they wanted to induce and my friend put her foot down with the doc. "The bun isn't done cooking, when the timer goes off...we'll take it out." [face_laugh]

I am not against the practice of inducing, so don't worry about that, I am just a little in the dark about it...

16. Obey Wann

Jan 14, 2000
    Well, they get the most accurate due date from the early ultrasounds. That's what gives you your most accurate due date. The cycle method is good for a rough guess, but the UT is what tells you when he's really due. Our second UT showed him due even earlier, but it had a +/- 2 week window.

We just want to get this one out. :/

17. PtrsonsZOO

PtrsonsZOO Jedi Grand Master star 7

Jul 30, 2001
    I really was 2 weeks late. My parents know exactly when I was conceived. Can you say "Blackout of 1969?"

18. Jedi_Wench

Sep 8, 2002
    LOL!!! So do mine! Can you say "Honeymoon"?

Anyway, sorry to hear about it Obey, that's no fun.

Maybe the Force will smile upon you and he'll arrive on his own.

19. PtrsonsZOO

Jul 30, 2001
    JW-My dad can say the same thing. His parents were married Xmas eve and he was born Sep 2. ;) Coming home from the Pacific was a really big deal for my Grandparents. :D :D ;)

20. Jedi Girl of Corellia

Jedi Girl of Corellia Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 23, 2000
    Ok, how about we get a rope tie it to a truck, then tie the other end to Liam and yank the bugger out :D

He certainly seems to be stubborn.

Maybe you can rent a bunch of really funny movies and see if you can get Melissa to laugh a lot, that may induce labor...

21. Jedi_Wench

Sep 8, 2002
    OH!!! Rent Residen Evil (the game or movie). My husband played that the day before my daughter was born!! I screamed so many times I started contracting!!

[face_laugh] Zoo I'm sure many people from the War Years can say that!!!

22. PtrsonsZOO

Jul 30, 2001
    Both my folks were born pretty close to nine months after their Dad's came back. One fought in Europe and the other in the Pacific. Mom-April 46, Dad-Sept 46 (hehehe, my grandparents were very active couples ;) )

23. Obey Wann

Jan 14, 2000
    It was an old joke in the Navy:

Q: What's the first thing a sailor does when he returns from a deployment?

A: He makes love to his wife.

Q: What's the second thing he does when he gets home?

A: He puts down his sea-bag. [face_devil]

It's all about priorities. :D

24. PtrsonsZOO

Jul 30, 2001
    I've heard that one a lot. My Dad's family is a bunch a salties (Grandpa, his brothers, & 3 of my cousins - Dad was flat footed and color-blind, so he would go just before the women & children).

So, what's today's report?

25. Sistine

Sistine Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 28, 2002
    [face_laugh]

I live spitting distance to Miramar...my step-dad is a retired E-9...

Okay Obey, this is an idea...sit on her belly...squeeze him out...
    kidding!!! :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.