main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Pittsburgh, PA It has begun

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by corran_16201, Mar 19, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. corran_16201

corran_16201 Jedi Master star 3

Nov 28, 2000
    In a word-yes. We live in a jaded country. Just because we have stealth "fighters" droping bombs and satillites keeping track of the flys on Saddam's aids hind end we feel we should be able to do it in a day. Well reality bites it can't be done. Or it could have been but no one wants to let loose the Nuclear Genie on the world.

If no one can figure out why fighter is "" its becuase the F-117 that gets touted on the news is an oxymoron. And thats a debate I don't wanna get into

2. Fluke_Groundrunner

Fluke_Groundrunner Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 1, 2001
    I usually hear Stealth "Bomber". Are there different Stealth planes?

3. RebelDawn

RebelDawn Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 6, 2002
    IMO, I don't think freeing ppl that are under an oppressive rule, tyranny. Also, I'm sure that "we" meaning the common ppl of the U.S, are not privy to all the information that the government might have.

"If" some of our information was coming from one of Saddams top ppl, we wouldn't want to lose that contact by letting it leak out where the info came from.

Just an observation. I do not blindly pledge my allegiance to everything the government says or does, believe me. But I don't feel we were wrong in this instance.

Just my 2 cents.

Tina

4. corran_16201

corran_16201 Jedi Master star 3

Nov 28, 2000
    Thers 2 the F117 and the B-2. Both are stealth planes. Niehter are as good as current planes the 117 is unstable at low speeds and neither can have a high AOA (Angle of Attack) since their engine intakes are on top which would then disrupt airflow. Plus we only have 20 B-2s and maybe 50 F-117's compared to current numbers of around 5-600 F-16s.

5. jaster_meerle

jaster_meerle Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 23, 2002
    ah yes- airplanes-my specialty
    B-2 spirit, developed by nothrop (sp) it is a large wing-shaped aircraft with stealth capabilities.
    its main focus was to carry nuclear bombs, but it can carry a variety of other payloads.
    F-117, developed by lockeed(i think), is a tactical bomber, which can carry laser,gps, and computer guided bombs. as corran stated the AOA and the arrow shaped fuselage severly limits the nighthawk's flight capabilities, and it is a very unforgiving aircraft- especialy at low speeds. the biggest difference between the b-2 and the F-117 is their roles. the former is a stratiegic bomber, while the latter is a tactical surgical strike type aircraft.
    U.S. strealth teachnology's next step is the JSF (joint strike fighter) and the Lockeed F-22 Raptor. Both planes are to be multirole military aircraft, and will solve the problems that plauge the F-117

another note- did anyone see the faces on the iraqi civilians when they were liberated, especially in baghdad? to say that the war was a stupid move was denying these people their lives, and what we did was truly noble and heroic. as one iraqi man said- "I've been around for a long time, but only today did i start living."
    he said that on monday (or was it tuesday?) when U.S. troops moved into Baghdad.

thank you for listening to my extremely long and boring speech.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.