main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

It is clear to me that the republic no longer functions

Discussion in 'Communications' started by RidingMyCarousel, Dec 27, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ReaperFett

ReaperFett Jedi Knight star 6

Dec 9, 1999
    Edited before you said :)

2. TK_Four_Two_One

TK_Four_Two_One Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 17, 2002
  3. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    The Sky is falling? What is this, Chicken Licken?

No, but it may be Chicken LITTLE... ;)

4. mac-nut

mac-nut Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 14, 2001
    how about chicken noodle? [face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh]

5. ReaperFett

Dec 9, 1999
    dp4m, Chicken Licken is a chicken ina story where something lands on him, and he thinks the sky is falling. He goes round the farmyard telling them all (Goosey Loosey I think was one :) ), and they all follow, until he gets to "Sly Old Fox", who says they can hide in his tree, or similar. Last scene is the Fox, surrounded by feathers and the like :)

6. TK_Four_Two_One

TK_Four_Two_One Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 17, 2002
    :eek: Thats WHY you hate foxes, Reaperfett!!!!! :p

7. ReaperFett

Dec 9, 1999
  8. xie

xie Jedi Knight star 5

May 25, 2002
    It's Chicken Little, not Chicken Lickin'.

9. ReaperFett

Dec 9, 1999
    Lightsabre, colour, tom-arr-to

Take the hint ;) :)

10. KitFist0

KitFist0 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 10, 2001
    Could you please stay on topic.

11. Arwen_Evenstar

Arwen_Evenstar Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 6, 2000
    I'm so sorry to see you go, James :(

12. Charis

Charis Jedi Youngling star 6

Jun 29, 2002
    Riding, I'm very sorry to see you go especially after all the hardwork. You are a good mod and the JC needs more of the likes of you.

13. shinjo_jedi

shinjo_jedi Jedi Master star 5

May 21, 2002
    It is sad to see both of them go :(

And yet, I wish they could have worked it out in a better way. Maybe if this ever happens again in the future that they will come around it a different way ?[face_plain]

14. dArTh_wenley

dArTh_wenley Jedi Knight star 5

Dec 10, 2001

I would just like to say that I am sorry it came to do.

Both RMCOY and Bane were great moderators and gave so much good to the boards. It is a shame to see them depart in these circumstances even though they were planning to retire anyway.

I for one will miss you both. :(

15. JediMasterAaron

JediMasterAaron Jedi Knight star 5

Oct 14, 2000
    Has anyone else been struck by the growing absurdity of people coming into Comm, reading these threads, forumlating an opinion and posting that people need to stop being so involved with the JC?

Man, I know this is from pages and pages back but....

*claps loudly and vigorously*

Man farraday, I could not have said it better myself if I tried for years and years. Thank you for finally saying something that's been on my mind for awhile now.

JMA

16. Darth_Fruitcake

Darth_Fruitcake Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 18, 2001
    I for one respect your decision, James. That wasn't an easy thing to do, but you handled it with class and dignity. Bravo, and encore.

17. Night4554

Night4554 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 9, 2000
    Riding, you are a great guy, a subperb friend, and you were an excellent moderator. I for one, never doubted your dedication to the boards; nor your kind soul in helping out anyone who needed it. Alas, it seems that those who want to help simply instead become martyers, but I am glad that this situation did not cause you to leave the boards entirly, because that could be a grave loss. It seems over the time you've moderated, you have been both fair, and helpful and I wish we had more mods, managers, and administrators of your calibur.

If you need anything, including that modded pack I've finally called it quits on, just let me know.

¤Night

18. Maulfly

Maulfly Moderator Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 23, 2001
    Just slightly off topic, but does anyone know if Josh or Vertical ever decided anything about the events that surrounded RMCOY's retirement, Carter, and Bane's removal?

If an offical post was already made, I'd appreciate it if someone would link me to it. Or are we still waiting for Josh to return?

Just wondering. :)

19. gundark

gundark Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 16, 1999
    I'd like to submit my resume' for adminship at this time.

20. Hama

Hama Retired GSA, Retired RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 14, 2000
    Josh returned very recently. Quite frankly, he has a lot to catch up on. I think he said he had somewhere in the neighborhood of 10,000 unread emails. He'll let us know as soon as a decision has been made.

21. Maulfly

Maulfly Moderator Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 23, 2001
    Thanks, Hama. :)

I've had friends wondering what was going on and if anything had progressed. I just wanted to make sure I hadn't missed the outcome of it all and if I had, where I could direct them. ;)

22. Vertical

Vertical Former Head Admin star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 6, 1999
    Things are still being discussed, but when there's a resolution, there will be an announcement in this forum.

Vertical

23. solojones

solojones Chosen One star 10

Sep 27, 2000
    James, best to you. You are a great guy and you're still gonna be my friend, no matter what your title :)

As far as replacement modship, I don't really care too much. I just wanna make sure they get good people. There's nothing worse than a power hungry mod who doesn't really care about anything but getting their own way [face_plain]

-sj loves kevin spacey

24. Master-Mishima

Master-Mishima Jedi Master star 4

Jun 28, 2002
    ..... and then there was one less....

Master Mishima

PS - I know it's late, but I was trying to decide what to say.

25. RockDragon

RockDragon Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 2, 2002
    I do not know anything about this entire issue, nor do I want to, but I do have something to say on a similar note.

Something happened tonight online. I will not say what or where, but frankly I was shocked, not only shocked, but actually disgusted.

I decided to let it go, although knowing a little more about the rotting wood in this websites frame.

Well, when I came and was reading the posts here, I realized something. Something that disgusted me even more than the incident I mentioned earlier. It's not the frame rotting, it is the foundation becoming unstable.

As I said before, it shocked and disgusted me. And I am now seriously considering leaving the JCF until I see improvements, which could mean permanantly.

I just felt it was appropriate to post this, and I'm sure, if certain people who have posted in this very thread think about it, they will realize why.

Sincerely,

RockDragon

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.